Author Topic: What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?  (Read 1033 times)

turbokon

Re: What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
Just like the transformers movie, good or bad, I'm glad they got made.  Beside, I think they look more realistic. 

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/tmnt-poster-gets-negative-attention-for-911-gaffe?abthid=53d836af1e3cbb627000002e

I just saw this article.  Pretty ridiculous mistake by the marketing team.

Yeah, a bit in poor taste a choice for a 9/11 opening with that, but I wouldn't have raised a complaint over it.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/tmnt-poster-gets-negative-attention-for-911-gaffe?abthid=53d836af1e3cbb627000002e

I just saw this article.  Pretty ridiculous mistake by the marketing team.

I think that pretty much sums up the new movie.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
I just witnessed a new trailer on tv for this.  I think I am even less impressed.  Unfortunately there are enough a$$holes out there that will drop a dime on this movie that it's going to make a profit and spawn at least 2 sequels.  Stupid f*cks.

BTW, these comments on that article are priceless;

If something offends America is should offend everyone. Without America the world would end.
 •Share ›
ramsey79  mmmpepsi • 3 minutes ago
So what about if china ends they basically own us
 •Share ›
TheSpearGodsHall  ramsey79 • 2 minutes ago
That's like someone you owe money to dying
f*cking awesome.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:23:30 PM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

johnnymad

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »
I just witnessed a new trailer on tv for this.  I think I am even less impressed.

It's weird, every time they release a little more footage, I hate it a little less.

NightWolve

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 07:07:27 PM »
Another billion dollar blockbuster in the can!! ;) Bay strikes again!! Heh-heh.

MrBroadway

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »
There is a certain popularity in bashing Bay that has taken hold over the years for whatever reasons I noticed. I typically like his movies (e.g. The Rock, The Hitcher, The Island, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon ), but yeah, each to his own at the end of the day.
He's popular to bash because he sucks. His movies are trash, and if you like them, you like trash, end of story. (Hey, I like some trash, too, but I'll admit it when it's trash at least!) He had four decent movies (Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor) and one "mediocre at best" movie (Bad Boys II), but mainly, he's derivative. In fact, I'd argue that each one of those movies would be much better without Michael Bay. He's has no taste, lacks subtle, and is clueless about the totality of the film, focusing too much on the boom and not enough on the design.

johnnymad

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 03:37:36 AM »
Did anyone see it? Heard it wasn't terrible but wasn't good either.

turbokon

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2014, 05:29:36 AM »
I enjoyed it.  I think it's better then the last transformers movie.  My only complaint is more kicking because I'm all about the kicks:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
Reviews are in the toilet, not that I ever believe reviews.  Oh, and on a separate note I see Robocop has already been released to retail stores for sale on DVD/Blu-ray.  The true sign of a fantastic movie is when it is put on retail shelves a few weeks after cinematic release.  Rubbish...
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

toymachine78

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 03:45:11 PM »
My son LOVED it. But he doesn't have the nostalgia bias I do. It was a good thing tho. Now he wants to play all the classic tmnt games I have :)

johnnymad

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »
In the end, they didn't really make this for us - they made it for kids today. These kids will hate the next generation of turtle movies that come out when they're older.

NightWolve

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 07:09:21 PM »
There is a certain popularity in bashing Bay that has taken hold over the years for whatever reasons I noticed. I typically like his movies (e.g. The Rock, The Hitcher, The Island, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon ), but yeah, each to his own at the end of the day.
He's popular to bash because he sucks. His movies are trash, and if you like them, you like trash, end of story. (Hey, I like some trash, too, but I'll admit it when it's trash at least!) He had four decent movies (Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor) and one "mediocre at best" movie (Bad Boys II), but mainly, he's derivative. In fact, I'd argue that each one of those movies would be much better without Michael Bay. He's has no taste, lacks subtle, and is clueless about the totality of the film, focusing too much on the boom and not enough on the design.

Yeah, this kind of troll post is pretty close to what I was referring to when it comes to him and what I've seen around here and there, etc. Except, there's more of a personalized hatred, or say some kind of grudge usually associated with it. But yeah, you're pretty close to it. Thing is, I've been curious about it, wondered if there wasn't something ideological behind it and what not, but I haven't looked at it enough to decide conclusively for sure. Just sort of a suspicion.

Anyway, the only movie of his that I've seen where I might've felt it was a bit trash was that new one, Pain & Gain. It was interesting to a degree, and given that it was a true story, but I didn't like it that much. Aside from that, I would say Bad Boys is mediocre too (forgot about those), but pretty much most of the rest of his work (and as a Producer) I've really enjoyed, was blown away from the first Transformers and The Rock (still one of my top action movies).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:52:30 PM by NightWolve »

MrBroadway

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 03:20:11 AM »

Yeah, this kind of troll post is pretty close to what I was referring to when it comes to him and what I've seen around here and there, etc. Except, there's more of a personalized hatred, or say some kind of grudge usually associated with it. But yeah, you're pretty close to it. Thing is, I've been curious about it, wondered if there wasn't something ideological behind it and what not, but I haven't looked at it enough to decide conclusively for sure. Just sort of a suspicion.

Anyway, the only movie of his that I've seen where I might've felt it was a bit trash was that new one, Pain & Gain. It was interesting to a degree, and given that it was a true story, but I didn't like it that much. Aside from that, I would say Bad Boys is mediocre too (forgot about those), but pretty much most of the rest of his work (and as a Producer) I've really enjoyed, was blown away from the first Transformers and The Rock (still one of my top action movies).
Not trolling, and no grudge. I just hate bad movies. You might like movies with all fluff, that's your thing, but that doesn't make it great cinema.

MrFulci

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 03:31:32 AM »

Not trolling, and no grudge. I just hate bad movies. You might like movies with all fluff, that's your thing, but that doesn't make it great cinema.

Armageddon, I only saw in theatres, never again after that. It was OK for a popcorn movie in 1998. Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare, Bruce Willis.

The Rock, also, OK time. Saw it once, never felt the need to see again, though.

The Island, I felt no need to see after the trailer in 2005. I saw lots of orange and blue coloring, and I like the original (Clonus). As soona s I saw the trailer I thought, "Clonus is remade"?

The Hitcher, the original, I don't care for as much as Clonus, I felt it was OK, no need for me to see a remake which I may feel is less than, "OK".

My feeling is, some of Micahel Bay complaint is similar to what I read of Uwe Boll. If people like a certain guy's films, go for it, it's usually not my thing, though.

Uwe Boll did get Dave Foley to do full frontal in Postal, though. I wasn't expecting that, good show Dave (and Uwe)! Michael Bay never surprised me like that!!!

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".