Author Topic: Silly Eerdrive Question  (Read 236 times)

Medic_wheat

Silly Eerdrive Question
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:24:41 PM »
I always see the donor cartridges used for the everdrive board notched with a slot for easy access to the micro card.  I get why but I honestly never liked seeming a micro Sd card sticking out the top...

Is it possible to mount the everdrives in various carts NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 etc without notching a slot for the micro SD card?  I wouldn't mind just unscrewing the cartridge poping in the everdrive and closing it up.....seeing how access to the micro card wouldn't really be needed much and unscrewing the cartridge to access the everdrive is not an issue for me or much of a issue.

Or is it that the board simply won't fit with an micro sd card in it without the slot for the sd card to stick out of?

johnnymad

Re: Silly Eerdrive Question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:10:31 PM »
I believe you could just not cut the slot in the cartridge. Think it's just to make it easier to access the SD card.

This guy didn't cut the slot for the card. Had to modify the shell to get the famicom adapter to fit though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:23:24 PM by johnnymad »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:12:35 AM »
It really depends on the cart.  I know for the N64, you cannot, as the SD card sticks out slightly.  I seem to remember the SNES one does as well.  The NES one, I believe could be done, as it sit down in there pretty low. 

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:56:26 PM »
The Mega Everdrive for the Genesis has a microSD and Regular SD slot on the PCB. 

If you use the microSD one you can close up the cart without cutting a hole for the regular SD card.   You still need to drill a hole for the reset button and the USB though.  Also, you have to take apart the card and pull out the SD card every time you need to add/remove ROMs. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input.  So basically what I am hearing is a flash cart for the most part will never look fully stock and always kind of scream flash cart. 

So what I think will work for me then will be instead of trying to hid that I am using a flash cart and instead make it the most piloted out flash cart possible.  Or something along those lines.

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:22:16 AM »
Thanks everyone for your input.  So basically what I am hearing is a flash cart for the most part will never look fully stock and always kind of scream flash cart. 

So what I think will work for me then will be instead of trying to hid that I am using a flash cart and instead make it the most piloted out flash cart possible.  Or something along those lines.

I mean, for the Mega Everdrive you could technically desolder the reset and USB ports and the cart would still work fine.  Or maybe modify the inside of an EA cart so that it could hold the PCB instead.  It's just a lot of work to look stock, since it's just to play games. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:37:05 AM »
To each their own, but I personally could give a f*ck if the case looks like a 100% original cart, especially since there's variation between 'real' carts anyway.  As long as it looks clean and there's nothing sticking out to get broken off, I'm happy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

owlnonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
As someone who just purchased a Everdrives for a few systems, I find access to the card beneficial. If I had "sealed" up my first go on my NES cart, I would be pissed. I'm on my forth revision now, organizing, deleting, adding, etc.. I think the carts could of been designed to not have easy access to the card, but really, once it's in the system itself, who cares what it looks like. I would on the otherhands like to have some 3D printed shell for the Turbo Everdrive, like what StoneAgeGamer did.