Author Topic: Posting  (Read 775 times)

madboom0522

Posting
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:34:42 AM »
I was wondering if people just post to get their numbers up on here? When you post on what seems to be most topics and they are just meaningless posts, what would the point be? Maybe I am missing something and having a really high post count puts you in another class? It seem that when I see members with a really high post count and have not been here very long....
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Posting
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:39:19 AM »
Generally, post count is meaningless.  It doesn't earn you any special privileges, other than more bonk smileys getting lit up and a change in your rank.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

madboom0522

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:40 AM »
Well thank you kind sir for the info! Maybe we can get along now...

esteban

Posting
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 03:47:01 AM »
I was wondering if people just post to get their numbers up on here? When you post on what seems to be most topics and they are just meaningless posts, what would the point be? Maybe I am missing something and having a really high post count puts you in another class? It seem that when I see members with a really high post count and have not been here very long....

What really matters, comrade, are your opinions, insights, thoughts, etc.

I don't look at anything else.

Even if I disagree with you, I appreciate someone who takes the time to post clearly-written, error-free messages.

My apologies to folks with poor spelling or dyslexia or __________, but I evaluate and judge everyone based on (1) ability to construct a sentence, (2) ability to support claims with evidence and (3) capacity to be civil, flexible and open-minded.

Historically, some folks have been extremely verbose...but are unable to post as lengthy (or frequently) due to time constraints. Therefore, your views of certain members (who don't post much now) will be very different than mine (I remember all the content they contributed over the years).

If you are too lazy to read my post, suck my left one and read Necro's post.

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 03:48:00 AM »
Well thank you kind sir for the info! Maybe we can get along now...

It seems not, seeing as every time I respond to something you post, you reply with a pointed barb.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

madboom0522

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 03:50:08 AM »
I have no views one way or the other. I was just curious if there was some type of motivation to reach a high post count...

madboom0522

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:56:24 AM »
No Necro, that was a sincere response. Was only trying to be optimistic.
Nully, that is just plan wrong... If you are another dude there will be no making out!

Otaking

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 03:58:16 AM »
Personally I really don't mind forum members who for whatever reason post lots as it gives me more to read.
My only problem with the forum is there is not enough posts, I quickly read all the new posts.

madboom0522

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 04:08:19 AM »
Nully, I am always optimistic about things. So who knows maybe it will pan out...

Ninja16608

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 04:47:08 AM »
No Necro, that was a sincere response. Was only trying to be optimistic.
Nully, that is just plan wrong... If you are another dude there will be no making out!

At least no tongue.

madboom0522

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 05:06:45 AM »
Really Ninja?.... SO wrong.... Now it's a bag of shells...

Ninja16608

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 05:15:09 AM »
Just tryin to help your post count lol

synbiosfan

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »

So many questions, stop over thinking things.

Post if you feel like commenting. I've posted a number of times in the Word association thread which is mindless fun. There are plenty of areas for serious posts and garbage posts.

I joined to learn, have fun and hang out with posters I like in general.

madboom0522

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
Not really thinking about it. Just wondered if there was a point to posting all over the place with nothing to really say....

synbiosfan

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 01:18:20 PM »
That's the way real life is why would forums be any different.

Maybe you'd like a news site? One view point told to you with no opportunity to respond.

It should not be that hard to figure out.

Are you a quiet person in real life or do you take time to chat with strangers?

I'm not crapping on you, just trying to see your view point. It seems kind of strange for you to join a forum when people talking causes you confusion.