Author Topic: Anyone going to Riot Fest in Chicago in September?  (Read 184 times)

Paddyfitz18

Anyone going to Riot Fest in Chicago in September?
« on: August 01, 2014, 04:10:43 AM »
Just wondering.  Who are you looking forward to seeing?  The Lollapalooza show is this weekend but I think the Riot Fest lineup totally puts it to shame.

No-brainers for me are to see Jane's Addiction play the Nothing's Shocking album on Friday.  And then Social Distortion and Primus on Sunday.

Also want to check out Cerebral Ballzy.  Not because I'm familiar with their music.  I'm not.  Just because the name of the band is Cerebral Ballzy.

jeffhlewis

Re: Anyone going to Riot Fest in Chicago in September?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 06:18:14 AM »
I was going to but my September filled up with a bunch of other bullshit.

Last year's lineup was legendary, it seems like a great show.

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 06:50:14 AM »
Yeah I wish I was there last year.

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 07:23:44 AM »
Who was there last year?

I just looked and this line-up is ridiculously good.  I live by Toronto and the show there is 2nd rate, Chicago is much much better.

My friend's band, Lemuria, is playing.  I was going to get up to Toronto possibly...  but now that I see the Chicago show is far superior, I may just be too sad to go.

Posted in edit, a link to a Lemuria music video.  I am not really into the indie/pop music so much, but my old friend's band sounds pretty good and I always wish him the most success.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/lemurias-video-for-brilliant-dancer-is-brilliantly-diy-so-dont-miss-it
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:11:52 AM by TheClash603 »

toymachine78

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:58:50 AM »
Damn I wish I could go to this! Soooooo many great bands.