Author Topic: Grails  (Read 588 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Grails
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »
I say uf it is a grail item to you. Or simply unique it counts.

synbiosfan

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
I say uf it is a grail item to you. Or simply unique it counts.

Ope knows I giving him crap about some truly difficult Grails to acquire. Too many boots and conversions out there. Some people aren't even aware they bought a fake until they try to sell it.

I love the Home System/AES but the games I like (Metal Slug series) are the ones that are high priced and booted too often.

Hell, the first MVS Metal Slug I bought off eBay was a boot (sound issues).

And I totally agree about anything being a grail to any individual, Mw.

I enjoy the sharing!

xelement5x

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
I'll always be missing that game because of france

Lol, I almost spit my drink out upon reading that.

My holy grail unattainable item would be the Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case.  I am a huge Working Designs fan, but the prices on them now (or at least what people are asking) are beyond what I could reasonably hope to spend on one unless I got an unexpected windfall of some sort or won the lottery.

For my truly unique I will go to the Sega side of things.  Several years ago I bought some Sega Pico stuff from a lady locally, and one of the things included was this odd cart called the Storyware Sampler.  I forgot about it for awhile until I started to dig back into the Pico and discovered it is incredibly rare.  According to SegaRetro only 3 known copies exist and I apparently have the 4th (to complement my full Pico set now). 

Something unique but less lame (and Working Designs related!) would be the fact that after many years I just recently managed to finish my collection of all 14 unique Arc the Lad Collection preorder watches.  Besides Victor Ireland I believe I am the only person to have a full set of them. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:24:15 AM by xelement5x »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »
For my truly unique I will go to the Sega side of things.  Several years ago I bought some Sega Pico stuff from a lady locally, and one of the things included was this odd cart called the Storyware Sampler.  I forgot about it for awhile until I started to dig back into the Pico and discovered it is incredibly rare.  According to SegaRetro only 3 known copies exist and I apparently have the 4th (to complement my full Pico set now). 

Pics?  I assume it's worth 100x as much as lesser Pico titles or $20, whichever is less.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bob

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 05:05:31 AM »
I have a R@RE, HTF, OOP (for now), OMG, box for Keith Courage

Medic_wheat

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 05:21:23 AM »

It is both unique and rare lol....

xelement5x

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 06:47:10 AM »

It is both unique and rare lol....

Very true, only 50 made!  I'm excited to get mine, it'll be like one of the few games I actually own with boxes.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story