Author Topic: Grails  (Read 596 times)

Medic_wheat

Grails
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:24:23 PM »
I was thinking...which trust me it hurts to do...smoke detected always going off and the hamster falling off the wheel. 

Non Obey

1). What is your grail gaming/gaming related item?

a). It doesn't have to be something you think you would ever get but go crazy

2). What is your most interesting video game related item in your collection?

a). Can be anything you prize or think is unique.

Obey

Same as question 1 & 2

Let's be more creative then saying Magical Chase.....

Bully you can't say 2 magical chases.  Lol

Okay and GO!

Remember pictures make it more fun.....along with a story to go with your picks.

MrFulci

Re: Grails
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 06:43:02 PM »
I'll skip number 1, and just leave a number 2. TG-16 related.

Towards the end of when TZD closed shop, a freebie was thrown in with my last, or next to last order - A Sherlock Holmes 2 calculator. I was told it was some freebie the Japanese side would sometimes send TTI. A nice, small, but oddball souvenir.

I also still have my Bloody Wolf coffee mug, picked that up in the mid 90's, though.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Dicer

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
I'll skip number 1, and just leave a number 2. TG-16 related.

Towards the end of when TZD closed shop, a freebie was thrown in with my last, or next to last order - A Sherlock Holmes 2 calculator. I was told it was some freebie the Japanese side would sometimes send TTI. A nice, small, but oddball souvenir.

I also still have my Bloody Wolf coffee mug, picked that up in the mid 90's, though.

I have 2 of those calcs even posted pics here...

Holy Grail: PC-LT so costly yet so retro futuristic....I will have one someday

#2 my Vectrex, love the hum it produces....

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
I don't know what my grails would be as my wants are starting to dwindle down.  I guess I am still looking hard for a TMNT Tournament Fighter NES manual.

As for something that is pretty different I own I would have to go with my Final Fight Double Impact Press kit:

The cassette tape really works and contains the soundtrack of the game (I actually played it too).  The shirt says "Vote for Mayor Mike Hagger."  The hair colour spray is real and on the label it mentions "It's a trap!"   The tokens are real metal.   Last a small metal Hagger for Mayor pin. 

As for obey I don't have anything that interesting or need anything too crazy. 

synbiosfan

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
Two of my grails I sold earlier this year were related, one OBEY and one not. I had two LaserActives, one with a TG-16 Pac the other with a Sega Pac. I am not a tech savvy guy so knowing they would need recapping sooner than later and modding to output more than composite, I sold them to individuals excited to do it. Like Harry Callahan says "A good man knows his limitations." :P

As far as other OBEY grails, making the time to fully and completely milk every game of every ounce of enjoyment it has to offer.

Another grail was to have a complete US Saturn set and if I didn't (sold some), I was with in a TommyV's hair of doing so.

I had fairly simple, realistic grails so I've been able to achieve them.

The only grails I have now are an original Eagle arcade cab and one I'm losing interest in, a Navi-Saturn. I wish I would have bought a Navi back in '04 when I thought they were too much

TheClash603

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »
synbiosfan has the ultimate holy grail, the Sega Saturn Cleaning Kit.

Several years I've been looking for this thing and I cannot find it.  It is somewhere between the Holy Grail and Atlantis on the spectrum of hard to find items.

synbiosfan

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 05:23:13 AM »
synbiosfan has the ultimate holy grail, the Sega Saturn Cleaning Kit.

Several years I've been looking for this thing and I cannot find it.  It is somewhere between the Holy Grail and Atlantis on the spectrum of hard to find items.

I would say for the US Saturn there are 4 Grails.

The one most people know of is the Daytona USA Netlink. It's the easiest to acquire showing up on Ebay pretty regularly. It's a grail because of a hefty price tag. I sold mine recently.

The next is Sega Screams Vol.2 it's not as well known but shows up every so often on eBay.

The next two aren't very well known and rarely show up on eBay or anywhere.

The official Sega Saturn Cleaning Kit. I got mine as part of a lot and almost threw it out but kept it for no real reason. A friend bought a bunch of Saturn games from me and I included it as a throw in. I received it unexpectedly so I passed it on.

The last grail is the Sega Saturn not for resale 3 pack without the "UP TO $15 OFF ANY SEGA SATURN GAMES see details inside" in the upper right hand corner. I've never seen it on eBay, just Satakore.com and I was contacted by someone who saw one of my collection threads who wanted to sell theirs.

Sorry to go all non-OBEY on everyone, I just know a little bit about the Saturn 8)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:44:10 AM »
No problem. I love reading up and learning about systems and stuff I had not already known. Makes it very fun when you learn something new.

Heck who knows I might have not known about the sega cleaning kit and thrown it out should I get it one day. But now I know better.

Although I wonder.  Could it be used for the sega cd as well??

synbiosfan

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 06:20:49 AM »
Although I wonder.  Could it be used for the sega cd as well??

You'd miss out on the video

WARNING do not watch this, it will only destroy brain cells. I let the video run on far too long, expecting it to reset itself.

Really, don't watch this

seieienbu

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »
I think the rarest thing I own is a Madcatz Xbox 360 Comic Con Tournament Edition joystick; only 250 were made.  It's the only one I know of in this area.  Whenever I'd bring it to gatherings it would stand out a bit in a sea of otherwise similar joysticks.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

BlueBMW

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
My only grail items (to me anyways) are a complete minty MULE for Atari 800 and maybe my complete minty Star Control 2 for PC.   Yeah nothing to special but theyre special to me...

More conventional grail items that I have might be PDS for Saturn, my x68000 xvi system, and maybe my wondermega.. I dunno.  Nothing I have is really truly grail worthy...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 03:57:57 AM »
My only dis-OBEY is PSP and FEKA LA, and I wouldn't say anything I have (or want) for either system is particularly rare, unique, or expensive.

I count PC-FX as OBEY (maybe obey, no caps?), but if I didn't my grails would be to get Zenki and Zerogier some day.  Nothing I currently have for it is terribly special, but I love it anyway.

For OBEY, my holy grails change on a regular basis, as I'm easily distracted by shiny things.  For stuff I own, the rarest and/or most special things are the Turbob flip book cards, PCE proto huey, a sweet Bazzy leather key chain, and the PrintBooster/IllustBooster/PhotoReader.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Opethian

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 08:14:58 AM »

does this count?

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

synbiosfan

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
Looks like you're missing Metal Slug so no :wink:

Awesome btw!

Opethian

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »
I'll always be missing that game because of france

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me