Author Topic: Region Chip  (Read 616 times)

clackattack

Region Chip
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »
So Im sure a few of you guys on here have ordered and used TG16PCEmods.com region chip for your consoles, right? I was really just curious if someone could chime in on how long their turnaround time is from me ordering to getting the part?
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Bernie

Re: Region Chip
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
Those are from our very own turbokon, right here in the forums.  thesteve, and BlueBMW came up with the boards, they are also members right here.  This is certainly the way to go. 

turbokon

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
When did you ordered? I know I have a couple of chips that is going out tomorrow.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

johnnymad

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:08:53 PM »
I ordered mine from there as well. Great board and arrived in a couple days.

turbokon

Region Chip
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
I see you ordered it on Saturday.  I usually try to ship it out the next day after receiving an order if I already have some made.  Yours is going out tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay.  Was out of town Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:41:24 PM by turbokon »

www.tg16pcemods.com

clackattack

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:53:24 AM »
Cool beans! No worries on that bro, just making sure it wasnt the kinda thing where an order needed to be placed before the part would actually be built. Im just super anxious and wanted to go ahead and prep my console with said switch and wires so once my mailman drops by, all i gots to do is burn that bad boy in!  :dance:
Thank you for providing us with such a deliciously sweet chip to satisfy our every turbografx desire!  :pray:

clackattack

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
Ill also make sure I get sum nice juicy photo evidence of all the dirty work that goes on inside once I get my tg16 stripped........... man that sounds really questionable

clackattack

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 07:14:40 AM »
OMG!!! Im about to sling this damn mobo across my living room!!!  ](*,)
SOOOOooooo Im trying to prep my TG16 for the mod chip, but I am having one HELL of a time keeping all these f*cking wire leads from popping off at the solder points. can someone PLEEEEEZ post some pics of thier main boards with this mod finished so I can get some ideas on how to lay out/route these damn wires so that when i tug them and move them around they will stop breaking free?! Ive been soldering for years and even do it for part of my job. I have built and repaired phones, tvs, other game systems, vehicle electrical systems... but Ive never had so much trouble with a solder point being so weak. Maybe the board-side pins I should attach on the top side of the board and just do the top pins on the underside....? Next option after I finish pulling out my hair is to just ship this thing to Keith or someone who could knock this out for me. shields are removed, switch is mounted already, and pins are cliped...

johnnymad

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
Are you having problems with the HuCard pins or the circuit board pins no staying connected?

thesteve

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 08:14:04 AM »
i have a thread for that (not much in it) http://pcengine.freeforums.org/show-your-switch-t177.html

clackattack

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
The pins on the system off the back of the card slot

turbokon

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »
This is a pc-engine install but the same concept for the tg16.  The black wires goes to the hucard pins.

www.tg16pcemods.com

clackattack

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 12:34:53 PM »
How bout a shot of the top side so i can see wire on those damn pins... thats where my issue is

johnnymad

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 10:20:50 AM »
Just put a little solder on the pins before hand and connect the wires to that. You could even have the wires pre-tinned as well.

clackattack

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »
did that from the start... i always tin everything before i try to burn things on. Its almost as if the pins dont really want to take in solder too well