Author Topic: ATLANTEAN ORDERING INFORMATION (not til Friday)  (Read 8736 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: ATLANTEAN ORDERING INFORMATION (not til Friday)
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:28 AM »
Alright so I'm interested in ordering this but much too lazy to read the rest of the thread only to find out they're all gone. It says to wait until Friday. I expect the goods to be revealed tomorrow!

Wait until Friday two weeks ago.

You missed the boat by like 150 people.  lol

It's Friday!!

My problem is that I don't check this sub-forum very often at all. Anyway the topic says "Friday" so any Friday should do, really. But after reading your post I waited until Friday 2 weeks ago from today and it turns out I was still a week late. What gives man! Which Friday do I need to wait to? You should just release them every Friday.

shubibiman

« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »
I'm proud to announce that I've become the first french owner of Atlantean :)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

MrFulci

« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2014, 02:09:04 AM »

I'm still waiting on Arkhan, to offer something to put on my wall!
The last time someone asked Arkhan that they ended up with a soiled bedsheet that lit up an entire room when a blacklight was shoned on it.

I had time to think about it. I'm waiting for my copy of Atlantean to be ready. Then I want the entire front cover of the manual signed.

*edited to add;

Actually, the blacklight thing, about 10+ years ago, a VHS/DVD distributor, where I was goofing with one guy who was with the place... Long story, jumping ahead. They shipped an order, and when looking it over, checking it out, I noticed one of the titles, on the cellophane, was something dried. It took me a moment to figure out what someone did. It's OK, certain things can be expected from Van Nuys area.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:20:42 AM by MrFulci »
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

spenoza

« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2014, 06:35:11 AM »
Joe, you seem chronologically challenged. Do we need to get you a flux capacitor? You DO have a spare Delorean about, don't you?
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

MrFulci

« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »
Joe, you seem chronologically challenged. Do we need to get you a flux capacitor? You DO have a spare Delorean about, don't you?

Give Joe a break! He told me about when I mod, or have a system modded, to fill the case with hot glue, so the shell sticks down. That was good professional information for me to be sure the mod works proper :).

I bet, a few years or more from now, this will be resurfaced, whether as a joke or not, with a comment similar to, "Still taking orders for this Friday"?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Joe Redifer

« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »
No I said to use hot glue instead of solder. And then after everything is connected to fill all the empty space inside the console with hot glue. This is the only truly professional way to do it.

MrFulci

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
No I said to use hot glue instead of solder. And then after everything is connected to fill all the empty space inside the console with hot glue. This is the only truly professional way to do it.

I was joking around, Joe. During my posting here, I watched a Gamesack vid about amod, S-video, Sega geneis, during the process you joked, and told the guy you took vid years ago in his shop, something along the lines of, "And then we fill it with hot glue, right"?

He laughed, and basically said not unless you want it to stay that way, a long time.

That's what stuck with me most, from that recent vid, "..... fill it with hot glue....."

:)

MrFulci

« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »

I was joking around, Joe. During my posting here, I watched a Gamesack vid about amod, S-video, Sega geneis, during the process you joked, and told the guy you took vid years ago in his shop, something along the lines of, "And then we fill it with hot glue, right"?

He laughed, and basically said not unless you want it to stay that way, a long time.

That's what stuck with me most, from that recent vid, "..... fill it with hot glue....."

:)

*Edited to add - FOUND IT!

Skip to 15:10

Filling with hot glue = BAD.

Not from Joe's mouth, though... :)

Though, Joe did agree to skip the hot glue bath. Yes he did.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
Its arrived :) waahoo, survived international mail, case had  slight warp but otherwise its all good :) thanks so much
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2014, 07:21:03 AM »
Yay international ones are surviving the trip.

Let me know how the label holds up.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
Yay international ones are surviving the trip.

Let me know how the label holds up.

Mine arrived yesterday - everything is intact and ready for obey.

Ozzy2469

« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2014, 09:40:02 AM »
FIRST OFF:   

PROTOCARD FOLKS.   PLEASE PAY ME OR SOMETHING IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

I will hold your entitled copy, but if you leave me hanging for like 2-3 weeks, someone else is getting it and you can wait.

EVERYONE ELSE:
Pay attention Friday.   That's when I will give you information on the orders.

Everyone will e-mail me with the provided button thing on aetherbyte.com, and it will be first come, first served.   I will send PayPal invoices to the first lucky bitches.

I have like 40 available, split about evenly between regions.   They are almost all going to you guys, with a small bit going to other key supporters who don't post here but have been equally supportive of Aetherbyte since day 1. 

If you miss the first go around, you will be first in line for the next batch that is in the works.

So, don't panic.   Bare with us.   Also, the shipping will be Priority, but may take a bit longer, because I am doing all of the packing/shipping myself after work.  This includes making the badass trinkets, and all of that.

Those who miss the first go around have the option to buy the ROM for 10$, and then you will only owe me 50$ + shipping when your turn in line comes for the card.

Said ROM will have some personal information wedged in it somewhere, so if you go uploading it to ROM sites, you'll be easily spotted by everyone, and they will hate you forever.   Don't be a RoyVegas and ruin life for everyone.

Speaking of RoyVegas:

Don't even bother.  You're not allowed to have Atlantean. 

and last, but not least:

Remember, these are the first of their kind.   They're 3D printed.   They are not factory precision!

As such, there are slight oddities with the cases and cards.   
Mainly:
-you may see some stray adhesive bits.   
-The case trays are slightly larger than normal, so the back insert didn't quite clear the spine (should be addressed hopefully in the next batch, meaning we can figure out who has first prints! YEAH)
-The labels on the cards may not be 100% lined up.  They're applied by hand.  We're not machine perfect.   We're basically fidgety programmers running on caffeine.

These things will improve over time so future projects will be even better than this one. 

OH. AND FINALLY:

I'm not all about the whole "second printing!!12" Super Watermelon Factory bullshit.   

The second batch will have lighter blue than the first print.   

This was basically because I said "hey look at this shade of blue that wasn't available before!" when I went to buy more plastic filament.

This does not mean the different colors of blue, or different cuts of the manual, or any of that have any bearing on the actual value of the game package because of different print runs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, stop being dumb.

Each and every copy is worth exactly 4902230235832598$.

The only thing of any collectible spastic value is the almighty trinket I hand made with a Christmas present I got in like 1995:

It's the best of the 1990s.   New HuCard.   New Pogs.   

I am making those things by hand.   The adhesive on the blank Pogs is completely shot.   I have to reapply adhesive (but this means I can make them double sided instead of having the goofy yellow backs!). 

They weren't kidding when they said use that shit in a well ventilated room.

They're hand made.   They're not totally perfect.   However, they're awesome.

Arkhan I emailed you about ordering one in the next batch. Will I receive an email about it this week?

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »
You can place an order whenever.  I've been putting all incoming orders into a giant waiting list where you'll get an invoice when cards are ready.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

jtucci31

« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
You can place an order whenever.  I've been putting all incoming orders into a giant waiting list where you'll get an invoice when cards are ready.

I also emailed you a couple of weeks ago about getting in the next batch of cards. But i also wanted to buy the rom for now to play on my everdrive. Do i have to wait for that as well, or did i somehow manage to not send my email correctly? (because I'm sure that is possible for me to have done) I'm sure you've been plenty busy with orders and whatnot, just figured I'd ask.

johnnymad

« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »

Totally understand if you can't, but is there a way to see the waiting list or to know where we are on it?