Author Topic: For the Transformers G1 toy fans (Warning: lots of pictures inside)  (Read 635 times)

johnnymad

Re: For the Transformers G1 toy fans (Warning: lots of pictures inside)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 03:34:08 AM »
I'd love to pick up a few G1 toys. Don't remember which ones I had as a kid but I know I at least had Optimus Prime. I find newer ones in thrift stores and they just feel cheap. Haven't lucked up and found any of the original ones yet.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 03:55:18 AM »
I'd love to pick up a few G1 toys. Don't remember which ones I had as a kid but I know I at least had Optimus Prime. I find newer ones in thrift stores and they just feel cheap. Haven't lucked up and found any of the original ones yet.

You know the reissued encore what ever the heck they where calling it G1 stuff was nice....

Sonic R

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »
I really dig the Masterpieces, even though they are a bit pricey.. there's several guys at my work who are Transformers collectors, and we do group buys on the Japanese Masterpieces.. I actually missed out on the Prowl order, so I was real happy he was localized!!

I guess I'll post a few pics...

johnnymad

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »

You know the reissued encore what ever the heck they where calling it G1 stuff was nice....

I'll be on the lookout. I really want Soundwave. He's so hi-tech with his cassettes and all.

shubibiman

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 12:47:34 PM »
OMG, these are so awesome !
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Galder

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 04:52:14 AM »
Cool collection, thanks for the photos. I recently found a Double dealer takara '87 hasbro in my attic and now decorates my bedroom's corner hehe. Too many memories! :)

P.s. I will probably post a photo of it when i will get back home

Ayce

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »
I've only got very few Transformers and GI Joe from my childhood. I wish I still had all my old toys... honestly I don't even know what happened to them. My mom probably tossed them or sold them in a garage sale long ago.

VenomMacbeth

For the Transformers G1 toy fans (Warning: lots of pictures inside)
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:23 PM »
I feel super lame reviving a Transformers thread to talk about Gobots & the like, but I was wondering if there was anyone else here that shares my affinity for all kinds of transforming diecast robots.  I don't have much beyond Transformers, Gobots, and Convertors, but I do have a couple Takatoku Macross toys, as well as a matchbox Robotech mini SDF-1.  I'm especially fond of vintage bootleg toys though...I have a KO 1/100 VF-1J Valkyrie, as well as quite a few of the little knockoff Henkei type mechs like from Dorvack, Orguss, Sasuraiger, etc, plus small-time original transforming "chippu" toys.  Ever heard of Zero-Ceeda?

Before I got into video games, these things were the kind of stuff I collected, but it was frustrating because most of the figures I'm after are either exclusively Japanese (Takatoku Macross stuff, old VOTOMS toys, etc) or more popular & widespread in Europe (Gobots/Robo Machines).  Anyone here reside in either of those locales & is familiar with those toylines?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:45:21 PM by VenomMacbeth »
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!