Author Topic: WTB: PC Engine Duo or Duo-R  (Read 167 times)

chapsy

WTB: PC Engine Duo or Duo-R
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:53:46 AM »
Recently bought a PC Engine Duo from a vendor at a con that turned out to be an absolute nightmare.

I ended up getting refunded for it today, and am in need of another console.  I am looking for either a PC Engine Duo or Duo-R.  I would actually prefer a Duo as opposed to a Duo-R since I have an AvenuePad 3 from my original purchase.  A Duo-R would be nice too though, as I hear they're more reliable than Duo's.

I am only interested in the following:

-*FULLY* Functioning consoles ONLY please
-Non Region Modded Consoles
-Capacitors and Laser MUST be fresh or recently replaced.  I do not want to gamble on another console...One huge headache is enough for me.
-Must come with all connectors and cords.
-Controller isn't necessary as I already have the AvenuePad 3, but would be nice to have an extra in case I get a multitap later on.
-If games are included as a bundle for the right price, that would be great, but I am OK with buying a console only.
-If you have a Duo-R, I am only interested in non-yellowing consoles.  I know this is nitpicky, but I'm a little particular on what I have in my collection.

I currently have 175.00 in my Paypal I can offer towards a deal.  If you need a little more for an offer we can work things out.

I am located in Dover, DE if you're nearby and want to meet to save on shipping.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or offers.

Thanks!

-Kevin

Lochlan

Re: WTB: PC Engine Duo or Duo-R
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:09 AM »
$175 for a duo with new caps seems ambitious considering cap service by itself is around $80 IIRC.  That's about how much a junk console runs, plus or minus.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

chapsy

Re: WTB: PC Engine Duo or Duo-R
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:51 AM »
well, that's what the cost was/ what I was refunded for the purchase of the "supposedly" working console with "new caps and a laser" from the dealer I bought it from.  I'm well aware that a system here may/will cost more, but I honestly don't care as long as the system works, is in great condition, and won't give me a headache like this last one that I had to deal with.

Like I said, that's what I have to offer right now.  If anyone has a deal that costs more let me know the details and we can work something out.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:56:25 AM by chapsy »