Author Topic: Octurbofest 2014: 25th Anniversary Celebration: October 18th  (Read 2656 times)

esteban

Re: Octurbofest 2014: 25th Anniversary Celebration: October 18th
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2014, 02:32:46 AM »

Wow! And I still think I kinda suck at that game. :mrgreen:

I am, as always, l'jealous.

You are, as always, invited.  :P

I just can't take a day off from my job, sadly.
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 05:37:03 AM »
Awesome man, we'd like to see you put your skills to test at the fest. :)

Oh I'm still no good, i just meant that i have improved since last time. I'll never get "good" at that game :)

Mathius

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 07:27:57 AM »
Awesome man, we'd like to see you put your skills to test at the fest. :)

Oh I'm still no good, i just meant that i have improved since last time. I'll never get "good" at that game :)

Don't worry. Neither will I. I don't have the time to sink into mastering the PCE version. The MD version is a different story though.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:33 AM »
There's a documentary about  Rock-a-Fire on Netflix. Its goes over the history and origins of showbiz, and folks who collect the bands and reprogram them with modern songs. It was pretty interesting yet disturbing at the same time.

Yep, I've seen it. Speaking of which here is a video of the broken one during the visit with Chop and Chany.

That video freaked me out.  I like that stuff, I need to watch that documentary.

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »
Dan Iacovelli here (VGS Promoter)
I had to sign up to see this thread that armando posted on facebook
(not everybody on facebook has an account to this forum)
TurboFest at MGC is not affiliated with the one we do at VGS,since they never mention it
and it prob has little to with OCturboFest.
with that said, We have designed a new black Turbofest VGS Specific Tour Shirt.
you can see it here http://VideoGameSummit.net/?page_id=137 under the pre-order items
if we get 10 or more orders we will move it to the main section of our store.
VGS 2015 is still being worked on since we can no longer return to heron, we are in negotiations with other venues expanding both sections vendors and game area,  we need to raise close to 2k to do so donate when you can

jeffhlewis

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 04:02:11 AM »
I'm officially a no-go unfortunately...real-life responsibilities for a friend I gotta take care of that day. Plus I'm still recovering from Retropalooza and that 2,000 mile drive. ugh.

Hope everyone has a blast! I would like to organize a day down at Galloping Ghost though when Winter hits if anyone is interested.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2014, 04:11:30 AM »
I probably won't be able to make this trip either.  Things came up.  :(

TurboFest at MGC is not affiliated with the one we do at VGS,since they never mention it
you can see it here http://VideoGameSummit.net/?page_id=137 under the pre-order items
VGS 2015 is still being worked on since we can no longer return to heron, we are in negotiations with other venues expanding both sections vendors and game area,  we need to raise close to 2k to do so donate when you can

Is that true?  Also, what?

At MGC we tell everyone that comes in that we have tournaments/events at both VGS AND OcTurboFest.  I have a FB event/group that specifically lists the MGC, VGS and OcTurboFest TurboFests as the TurboFest Tours.  I'd say we're all pretty much affiliated..

Hope everyone has a blast! I would like to organize a day down at Galloping Ghost though when Winter hits if anyone is interested.

I'd love for a get-together to break up the frozen months of January/Feb myself!!

jeffhlewis

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2014, 04:13:11 AM »
HypoThermaTurboFest?

chany60126

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 04:22:42 AM »
@Dan: We are very much connected to MGC Turbo Fest. We always support each other as we spread the word about all 3 events: MGC, VGS and Octurbofest. While I am not one of the organizers of MGC Turbo Fest, I always make an effort to attend and have a blast hanging out with the fellow turbo enthusiasts, many of whom also attend VGS and Octurbofest.

@Jeff and Josh: Your presence will be missed. :(
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »
@Dan: We are very much connected to MGC Turbo Fest. We always support each other as we spread the word about all 3 events: MGC, VGS and Octurbofest. While I am not one of the organizers of MGC Turbo Fest, I always make an effort to attend and have a blast hanging out with the fellow turbo enthusiasts, many of whom also attend VGS and Octurbofest.

Thank you for clearing that up Chany, I thought you were breaking up with me...  :(

I'll just go light a candle while listening to St. Anger in your memory

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2014, 05:21:37 AM »

@Jeff and Josh: Your presence will be missed. :(
I can change the shirt to include Fest dates at MGC if you want.
and I encourage you to mention the fundraiser if you want to see VGS continue( expect changes to VGS starting next year, vendor area and game area going be separate is the one main change I going for)

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2014, 05:55:26 AM »

Is that true?  Also, what?

At MGC we tell everyone that comes in that we have tournaments/events at both VGS AND OcTurboFest.  I have a FB event/group that specifically lists the MGC, VGS and OcTurboFest TurboFests as the TurboFest Tours.  I'd say we're all pretty much affiliated..

well nobody told me about it being connected, only few times that was there at mgc that somebody mentioned vgs /turbofest or had flyers for vgs.
And yes it's true ,heron point is longer available to us as of 2015 so VGS might be at its end,unless we get enough funds for the show to continue for us to expand we need at least 2k which would cover the vendor area, my jobs vacation pay helped me pay off the show, well as of jan 25th,2014 I have been unemployed and I can't afford to run the show on my own even with todd's help.
this is why I tell the staff to help by mentioning the fundraiser on forums or events like OCTurboFest.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:59:43 AM by dan Iacovelli »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator

dan Iacovelli

chany60126

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
We will be gathering at Roundhead Pizza and Pub in Lombard after the conclusion of the fest on Saturday for those of you interested. I hope to see you guys there!
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.