Author Topic: WTB: Double Dragon II - The Revenge  (Read 509 times)

rolins

WTB: Double Dragon II - The Revenge
« on: June 15, 2006, 05:30:53 PM »
Anyone have one for sale?

esteban

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »
Hmmmmm, you wouldn't want one without a manual, would you?

Not that I am necessarily selling (and I really don't mean to tease you), but I was wondering how much you'd pay for it....?

CD is in excellent condition, but there is water damage to the tray insert (paper is wrinkled, slightly discolored, it looks pretty stinky). The jewel case is fine, not that it makes a difference...

You can PM me if you want it private...
  |    | 

rolins

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:55:36 AM »
Quote from: "stevek666"

Not that I am necessarily selling (and I really don't mean to tease you), but I was wondering how much you'd pay for it....?

CD is in excellent condition, but there is water damage to the tray insert (paper is wrinkled, slightly discolored, it looks pretty stinky). The jewel case is fine, not that it makes a difference...

No, the manual is just as important to me as well. I have a few standards I must meet when I buy PCE CD games and they must include the manual, jewel case, and the gamedisc. The spine cards I really don't care about.

What happened to your copy, did you spill water all over it?

esteban

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:02:03 AM »
Quote from: "rolins"
Quote from: "stevek666"

No, the manual is just as important to me as well. I have a few standards I must meet when I buy PCE CD games and they must include the manual, jewel case, and the gamedisc. The spine cards I really don't care about.

What happened to your copy, did you spill water all over it?
Ha! No, I got the game "cheap" because of all the damage. I just wanted to play DD II really bad so I went for it. Now, of course, like you, I want to get a decent copy of the game. Unfortunately, it's gonna cost some $$$$.

-------- Anecdote ------------
As far as ruining stuff: a few years ago a toilet in our house overflowed and tons of water went through a wall adjacent to the bathroom and into a closet where it SOAKED INTO A BOX OF MAGAZINES. I didn't realize the water got that far, and when I did, I had to perform emergency CPR on the wet magazines to save them. Imagine a hundred (well, maybe not that many)  magazines spread out on the floor with a couple fans blowing on them.

I permanently damaged my Sega Visions collection, my Edge collection, and a whole bunch of random EGM's, GamePro's etc.

Damn, that sucked.

But now I keep most magazines in PLASTIC BINS (wish I had done that sooner!).
  |    | 

rolins

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »
Sorry for your loss, that truely stinks. I had a similar problem but mine involved a leaking pipe underneath the floor and in my bedroom closet.

I found out the broken pipe had been leaking for several days, and I didn't noticed it until I was changing my clothes one morning. I noticed one side the closet wall was wrinkly and wet. The box I had set aside on that corner of the closet was soaked, and couldn't see because it was in the back and covered from plain sight.

It was too late to save anything on that one side the closet, except a few Nes game cartridges, but then again their labels were got messed up. I also lost most of my collection of vintage Nintendo Power, several MSX-Fan mags, and few nintendo + genesis manuals. I'm glad that my MSX + PCE games wasn't in that corner. But I'm more pissed off that leakage took the one MSX-Fan magazine with the article of Zanac. :cry:

I learned my lesson, I also keep all my video game stuff and PC parts in plastic bins.

akamichi

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
Ouch!  Sorry to hear about that guys.   I have a lot of old mags in boxes right now.  After reading these posts, I'd better get them into some plastic bins before something like that happens.  

As an extra protective measure, I also  put all my magazines into those comic bags with backing boards.  Keeps them nice and flat.  Unfortunately, I did that within the last year or so, so they were just sitting around in random boxes getting ripped and wrinkled etc. :(

Back to the orginal topic, I haven't seen DDII for sale lately online.  Even a quick search on yahoo japan only turned up one hit, but it was a set of 10 games... one of them being DDII of course.

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Rolins :( .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Paladin

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 06:51:03 AM »
Don't know if your still looking for it or if you would really want to try ebay but there is currently one auction up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-DOUBLE-DRAGON-II-pc-engine-SCD-JP_W0QQitemZ300002333237QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4315QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its buy it now and it is not cheap. It does look like its in nice shape though.

rolins

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 02:28:10 PM »
Quote from: "Paladin"
Don't know if your still looking for it or if you would really want to try ebay but there is currently one auction up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-DOUBLE-DRAGON-II-pc-engine-SCD-JP_W0QQitemZ300002333237QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4315QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its buy it now and it is not cheap. It does look like its in nice shape though.

Way too expensive. My limit is around $60 complete.

turbo_sage

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 04:03:35 AM »
but I was wondering how much you'd pay for it....?

Curious... would you be interested in selling it?  Even with the damage I would love to give it a shot.

TurboSage

PM me if interested in selling!:)

esteban

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 04:56:34 AM »
Quote from: "turbo_sage"
but I was wondering how much you'd pay for it....?

Curious... would you be interested in selling it?  Even with the damage I would love to give it a shot.

TurboSage

PM me if interested in selling!:)
Hi! For now, I'll be holding on to my damaged copy... but as soon as I get a replacement, I'll be sure to keep you in mind (if you're still interested).

At the time this orginal post was made, I had the chance of getting DDII at a fair price, so I was willing to sell my existing copy and upgrade.

:)
  |    | 

turbo_sage

lol
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
cool,

yes, unless I stumble upon a mint copy for cheap, I'll be interested.

Thx,
TurboSage

cavein2000

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 08:53:19 AM »
Damn, there was an auction for a Double Dragon II (sealed) that ended today for about 70 plus shipping.  I'm trying to get a copy myself, but I feel 70 is a bit high.
What a horrible night to have a curse...

NeoFreak

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 02:04:33 AM »
how does this version of Double Dragon II compare with others? does it support two players? It seems turbo games are famous for cutting out 2 player co-op in brawlers that supported it originally.

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

cavein2000

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 06:04:08 AM »
It is 2 player.
What a horrible night to have a curse...