Author Topic: System Card 3.0 Not Working?  (Read 655 times)

ctophil

System Card 3.0 Not Working?
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

I recently got an import converter from DB Elec to play Dracula X.  Well, the System Card 3.0 boots up just fine.  But Dracula X will only play the mini-game and acts like I only have the 2.0 Card inserted.  I tried playing other regular CD-ROM games, and they work fine.  But that's not what I need.  I need to get Dracula X running as normal. 

I don't have other Super CD-ROM games to test out.  So, I'm not sure if the problem is with the System Card 3.0 or perhaps the converter itself?  Has anyone had this issue before?  Thanks! 

thesteve

Re: System Card 3.0 Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »
It's most likely the card, as a sys3 card should work
Could be a poor connection caused by the converter

ctophil

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »
Well, I suppose I could get an import Hucard to test out the converter, or I can get another System Card 3.0.  I can't imagine the converter causing the issue, since the Card did boot up.  Isn't the job of the converter is just to allow the Jap Hucard to play on the American console?  Like I said before, regular CD-ROM games (System Card 2.0 games) play just fine with the same System Card 3.0.  For some reason, the 3.0 functionality is not working.  Logic is saying that the extra RAM of the 3.0 is not working or something like that, but its 2.0 function is working. 

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
I once owned a 3.0 system card where it would only work as a 2.0.

It would however freeze up when playing any super Cd game but work perfect for 2.0 games.

I believe Bernie got it from me a long time ago.

BlueBMW

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:41:33 PM »
Better yet get an arcade card pro instead to test with.  That way if youe card is bad you have a replacement and can play arcade card games too!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ctophil

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 08:13:34 AM »

It would however freeze up when playing any super Cd game but work perfect for 2.0 games.

Thanks for the info.  This tells me that it is possible for the System Card 3.0 to go bad.  I am ordering another System Card 3.0 to test it out. 

Better yet get an arcade card pro instead to test with.  That way if youe card is bad you have a replacement and can play arcade card games too!

Well, I can't afford an Arcade Card Pro right now, but it is a good idea.  Don't even know if the converter will work with it.  Something cool to try out in the future though. 

csgx1

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
 I also have a 3.0 card that only works as a 2.0 card. However mine has obvious damage, one of the chips broke.

wolfman

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 01:41:59 AM »
I also have a 3.0 card that only works as a 2.0 card. However mine has obvious damage, one of the chips broke.

Great photo! Could you send me a closeup picture with higher resolution? I am interested in having a better look at the innards!

recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROMĀ², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

thesteve

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 08:41:42 AM »
those chips look to have numbers
that card may be fixable

Ninja16608

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 10:31:21 AM »

Thanks for the info.  This tells me that it is possible for the System Card 3.0 to go bad.  I am ordering another System Card 3.0 to test it out. 

Well, I can't afford an Arcade Card Pro right now, but it is a good idea.  Don't even know if the converter will work with it.  Something cool to try out in the future though. 

I have an Arcade card and I use it with a converter, works perfectly, what converter do you have?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
Could it be insufficient power getting to the huey socket, kinda like the problems some have with flash carts on region modded systems?

I have an Arcade card and I use it with a converter, works perfectly, what converter do you have?

"I recently got an import converter from DB Elec... "
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 02:43:01 AM »
I've run into this with the arcade card pro being seen as a 3.0. Taking a pencil eraser and running it over the contacts then thoroughly cleaning it afterwards worked after retrying.
--DragonmasterDan

ctophil

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »
I've run into this with the arcade card pro being seen as a 3.0. Taking a pencil eraser and running it over the contacts then thoroughly cleaning it afterwards worked after retrying.

Yeah, I've tried that as well.  It still didn't work.  But thanks for the suggestion though.  I should be getting my new System Card 3.0 tomorrow (Saturday).  So I'll report my findings asap.  :-)

As Necromancer mentioned, I got the DB-Elec converter. 

clackattack

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
Ctophil, your not crazy and dont bother none of the above mentioned methods will work (at least not in my experience). I bought that same converter and had the exact same issues with my SS3.0 card. I even got an arcade card pro to try and still the same thing. The convertor does import card games jsut fine, i think there is an issue with the convertor allowing the system access the ram thats in those system cards.

After trying everything that everone so far has mentioned in here, i ended up having TurboKon slap me in a region chip.
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

thesteve

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »
sounds like a missing line or 2 in the converter
thats fixable