Author Topic: System Card 3.0 Not Working?  (Read 651 times)

BlueBMW

Re: System Card 3.0 Not Working?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 01:15:25 PM »
Or get a pc engine + cdrom ifu...   Thats even more original than the tg+cd combo
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 03:37:52 AM »
Slap a chopsado on the syscard(s) and use the converter for games.  Problem solved.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ctophil

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 07:13:59 AM »
Slap a chopsado on the syscard(s) and use the converter for games.  Problem solved.  :mrgreen:

Cool, does Chop still make the Chopsado?  I don't see any activity in the Homemade Converters thread.  So, I was just wondering.  Sounds like that is the way to go if I can get my hands on a Chopsado.  Thanks. 

Update: I confirmed that the DB-Elec Converter does not work with the Japanese System Card 3.0.  As discussed before, the system will only recognize it as a 2.0 Card. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:13:43 AM by ctophil »

thesteve

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 07:19:10 AM »
open up  your converter
it should have 8 wires swapped
all others must go strait through
any not connected will be the issue

ctophil

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 08:08:04 AM »
open up  your converter
it should have 8 wires swapped
all others must go strait through
any not connected will be the issue

Are you talking about the Chopsado?  I don't have one.  I have the DB-Elec one, which don't have any wires.  It's all soldered connections. 

thesteve

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 08:15:29 AM »
The DB one
Look for any UN connected pins

thesteve

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 06:25:55 PM »
is this your converter?

clackattack

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 05:14:13 AM »
Thats the one. Ctophil and I have the same convertor... Nothing appears damaged or disconnected tho, everything looks intact. I havent hit it all over with a meter yet, but im pretty lazy and was content just using it in my TurboXpress
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 05:48:17 AM »
is this your converter?

Does the middle(ish) pin go nowhere?  Looks like the ground pin.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

thesteve

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 05:57:50 AM »
It's a ground pin
Looking over that board I have other concerns with circuit loads
Without the chip numbers I'm just guessing

ctophil

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Hey everyone,

Just to update my situation.  I took Necromancer's advice and got a Chopsado (TurboPoser).  It worked great!  The System Card 3.0 booted up the game flawlessly.  However, this time my CD-ROM unit broke (doesn't load the game properly).  If it's not one thing, it's something else, right?  But I popped opened the Turbo CD myself and put in some 21st Century grease.  It's working like a dream now. 

As for the DB-Elec converter, I am working with someone right now to, hopefully, get an updated version so that I will have two converters working.  Cool stuff, thank you everyone for your advice and support! 

Bernie

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
Its not the 3.0, its the converter.  I bought one of the db converters as well, and it does NOT like System Cards at all.  I do not know why, but for whatever reason, it gives a big FU to System Cards 3.0 and Arcade Cards.

ishiyakazuo

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 02:44:31 AM »
I think clackattack hit the nail on the head -- it can't access the RAM through it, so it goes back down to System Card 2.x mode.
By the way, db recently came out with a new converter that's a little less fancy and removes the switch feature.  I have a strong suspicion that it will work just fine with System Card 3.0 and the Arcade Cards.

ctophil

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I finally received the updated DB-Elec converter called the PC-Henshin.  After a period of testing, I would like to say that it works great!  The Japanese System Card 3.0 will work with it everytime.  So, those who need an alternative way to play Super CD games on your Turbografx-CD, the PC-Henshin Converter is the way to go.  Oh, it'll play import games too!  :-) 

As I said before, the TurboPoser or Chopsado will work as well.  But it is harder to use and may wear out in the near future, since it's just a slim piece of wiring.  The redesigned PC-Henshin (DB-Elec Converter) is smaller than the previous design, and the Turbografx16/PC Engine switch is no longer there.  They don't have it for sale right now.  But you can take a look at the converter here:  http://www.db-elec.com/home/products/pc-engine-to-turbografx16-converter 

ishiyakazuo

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »
Nice.  I think I've got a mod worked out for the old db Electronics converters, but it loses the switching function then (i.e. it basically is made into a PC Henshin).

Update: Yeah, this mod seems to work.  As I might've mentioned before, I don't have a working CD-ROM2 but in theory this should make the adapter passive, and thus resolve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:51:08 PM by ishiyakazuo »