Author Topic: Scotland (WTF)  (Read 313 times)

Paddyfitz18

Scotland (WTF)
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:57:51 AM »
So as an outside observer, I can't believe this independence movement made it this far.  Very interesting.

What do you think, are the Scots really going to do this thing and vote yes ?

You know, when us Yanks stuck it to "John Bull" back in '76, all the loyalists were driven up into Canada.  What will become of all those Scots still loyal to the Crown?

And what's England's plan to crush this rebellion, dammit?  Maybe send the heavy cavalry north, have Irish conscripts approach from the southwest, and use a few First-Rate Ships-Of-The-Line to blockade the coast.  That might do it  :wink:

bob

Re: Scotland (WTF)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:23:31 AM »
was the TG ever released in scotland?

Digi.k

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
well this is a small island if they want to do that then so be it.. I don't know how this is going to fair in the long run for both the north and south of this little island and it's surrounding counties but I guess time will tell..

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:52:42 AM »
I don't know what you're talking about, Paddy... but did you hear that Beiber and Gomez are back together!!! W@W!!!

Haha - whoa I did not hear about that.

Really though, when I first heard about this Scotland independence business, I thought yeah right, just like the French Canadians are always threatening to break away from Canada.  But apparently this vote is going to be close.  Amazing if it happens.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 05:55:14 AM »
I don't know what Scotland would really gain that'd make a shit bit of difference in people's lives, but it looks like England would lose a home for their nukes.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Opethian

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 06:11:27 AM »
I hope Scotland will finally change their national animal.

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 06:21:05 AM »
Here, John Oliver explains it better than I ever could:

johnnymad

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 06:39:05 AM »
I hope Scotland will finally change their national animal.

yeah, should be something real like a liger. They're bred for their skill in magic.

I prefer three toed sloths. Ligers are pretty cool though.

MrBroadway

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
VOTE YES TO TEAM SCOTLAND!

Also, Salmond has said that if they are independent, they would still recognize the monarchy, much like Canada, Australia, etc.

Now all we need is a free Novorossiya, free Catalonia, free Venezia Euganea, free Tibet and Taiwan, free Alaska, and to kick out Texas and have them take Oklahoma with them!

pulstar

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 12:06:20 AM »
All this has happened because the British Government refuses to give more power to the Scottish Parliament (unlike Wales, work that out). More likely than not it is because Wales doesn't have a lot of natural resources unlike Scotland which has the largest amount of oil from any UK country. They should have been given the powers years ago then stuff like this wouldn't happen.

To be honest, I think it's the wrong thing to do and it will impact things like jobs in Scotland and even push the cost of living up as several companies have already stated they will 'most likely' raise prices in Scotland if they do independent because it is then a different region to the rest of the UK.

Ah well, we'll find out tomorrow.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

wildfruit

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 12:12:41 AM »
This was just an orchestrated distraction. In reality nothing would have changed.

MrBroadway

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 12:31:18 AM »
This was just an orchestrated distraction. In reality nothing would have changed.
You're too pessimistic. Now nothing is going to change, but with independence, it would have. People got scared by a few large corporations saying that they'd have to raise prices when their CEOs make millions of pounds. Oil reserves up north? Back to the war chest! Scotland could have finally rid itself of the English Conservative party.