Author Topic: Criticisms of Bonk 3  (Read 1444 times)

madboom0522

Re: Criticisms of Bonk 3
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 01:38:30 PM »
Maybe that's why it is so damn expensive! It must be a better shooter than I thought. Will have to try it out on a copy to see if it is as fun as the first one..
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Maybe that's why it is so damn expensive! It must be a better shooter than I thought. Will have to try it out on a copy to see if it is as fun as the first one..

If you have a Wii it's 800 Wii points last I knew.
--DragonmasterDan

slinkyturd

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »
I thought all the bonus stages were utterly useless. Is there any point to them? it just seems like you use smileys and get nothing for winning these games. :/
70/95 US Turbochips

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 02:41:52 AM »
You get points which earns extra lives, and if it's one with fruit you'll refill your hearts.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 07:01:13 AM »
This conversation again!  YES!!

Bonk 3CD is actually my FIRST experience with a Bonk game playing from beginning to end.  I absolutely LOVE the redbook audio of the SuperCD version.  I find the level design to be pretty much on average with the two HuCard releases, it just came years later with really nothing new to add....  Now that I've had a chance to sit down with each of the games in the series in 2014 I will say that Bonk 3 still probably falls into 3rd place behind the first two in terms of overall fun, but it's not a bad game at all. 

Side Note: I only recently picked up Bonk 3 on HuCard and would have to agree that the music is a far cry from the rest of the series...  Poor sloppy chiptunes here.  :(

Erase the Hate, play Bonk 3.  It's fun.

dallaspattern

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »
Not hate, just twenty years of disappointment!

Speaking of which, I'm sure y'alls have heard of this? Too bad Brink of Extinction never made it out! Would've been cool.
http://www.psnstores.com/2014/05/footage-of-cancelled-bonk-brink-of-extinction-ps3-game-surfaces/

And of course, the tragic tale of the Bonk 4 RPG...

I wish I had software design skills to give Bonk 3 the treatment it deserved! It's like Alien 3. You just wanted it to be so much more!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
it's in the same boat with Ys III with me.  I enjoy the games for sure.. now.  But at the time of release it would have been a little disappointing just coming off of the great prequels.

And, don't get me started on Super Air Zonk.  That game is a PURE turd.

slinkyturd

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 10:21:59 AM »
I'd say I like bonk 3 better than bonk's adventure. the problem is that the price for the gameplay should be about 30 bucks and not in the hundreds. I think a lot of the disappointment I encountered was paying that much for a game worth 30 dollars to me.
70/95 US Turbochips

jordan_hillman

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
I'd say I like bonk 3 better than bonk's adventure. the problem is that the price for the gameplay should be about 30 bucks and not in the hundreds. I think a lot of the disappointment I encountered was paying that much for a game worth 30 dollars to me.

I've only briefly played Bonk 3 on an everdrive. It seemed cool, but sadly it didn't seem as special as the previous two.

Buy yeah... hundreds just to say you've played a US Bonk 3 on a US TG16?? I'm definitely good on that
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

dallaspattern

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »

Whaaaaa?! You crazy mang!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »

Bah, you don't know what you're talking about.  They can't all be Sidearms, dammit!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jordan_hillman

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »

Bah, you don't know what you're talking about.  They can't all be Sidearms, dammit!

I actually really dig the challenge of trying to beat Sidearms. Not my favorite by any stretch, but still damn fun.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Bake

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »
I like the ending of bonk III. Hudson knew it was over. And it was sort of sad with the music and Hudson's message to the "Bonk kids." That was the best part for me, which isn't saying much. Although the music in the 7th stage/Drool battle is very good.

Overall, though, as much as Bonk holds sentimental value to me (see avatar) especially the fist two games, there is simply no challenge in each Bonk game. They are too easy, which I think is the biggest problem with the series.

esteban

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 01:30:16 PM »

I like the ending of bonk III. Hudson knew it was over. And it was sort of sad with the music and Hudson's message to the "Bonk kids." That was the best part for me, which isn't saying much. Although the music in the 7th stage/Drool battle is very good.

Overall, though, as much as Bonk holds sentimental value to me (see avatar) especially the fist two games, there is simply no challenge in each Bonk game. They are too easy, which I think is the biggest problem with the series.

I agree, I wish there was difficulty setting for Bonk...way too easy.
  |    | 

dallaspattern

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Bonk's Revenge: Beginner, Intermediate or Expert? hahaha

Bake-I've yet to finish B3, but that's enough incentive.