Author Topic: Pc Engine collections  (Read 6663 times)

GUTS

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2006, 08:09:50 AM »
Black Tiger, Japan Game Stock has one up for sale right now for around $35 I think.

I have no problem with people collecting huge lots of stuff and not playing them, It's like collecting figures or cards, people who do that don't actually play with their toys or cards, they just enjoy amassing huge collections.  Its probably tons of fun if you have the money, I mean who doesn't enjoy getting new stuff in the mail all the time?  I don't see why anyone would be hostile towards these people though, it's just a f*cking video game, why act like a gaytarded shit-licker just because some people have huge collections and you don't?  Big f*cking deal.

Black Tiger

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2006, 08:22:17 AM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Black Tiger, Japan Game Stock has one up for sale right now for around $35 I think.

I have no problem with people collecting huge lots of stuff and not playing them, It's like collecting figures or cards, people who do that don't actually play with their toys or cards, they just enjoy amassing huge collections.  Its probably tons of fun if you have the money, I mean who doesn't enjoy getting new stuff in the mail all the time?  I don't see why anyone would be hostile towards these people though, it's just a f*cking video game, why act like a gaytarded shit-licker just because some people have huge collections and you don't?  Big f*cking deal.

Thanks a lot, I should be able to swing that after the weekend.  :)

I play with my Masters Of The Universe figures, although not as much as I used to. Of course, I also have like 600 of them, even though they only ever made like 65, so I'll admit to letting a few hundred sit in storage.

And although it'll make 'hardcore' toy "collectors" cry, I do open new and vintage sealed packages. I don't like to think of myself as a collector, since I have genuine interest in interacting with most fun-oriented things I "collect". But other people can call themselves whatever they want and do whatever they want with their own stuff.

This doesn't mean that some extreme cases don't affect me. "Collectors" destroyed an entire toy line. The recent MOTU series never even got to really hit stores, because toy store employees were snatching all the popular figures before or as soon as they hit shelves and either scalped them online or to people would hold them hostage for even more.

And thanks to the new generation of MOTU snerds, Mattel was talked into short printing a lot of popular characters to artificially increase their value on the "secondary market". But all this did was eliminate the primary market.

At least you can download an iso of Renny Blaster or buy a bootleg of Sapphire. Where's my $10 Keldor?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

vestcoat

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:17 AM »
Hey westexit, it's good to see you're still around.  I miss your ebay sales!

Quote from: "Keranu"
Well done, vestcoat! :D That's one of the coolest posts I have read in awhile and that's one helluva life you have.

Thanks Keranu.  :)

Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

Quote from: "stevek666"
Holy crap I missed a lot of drama! :) Where's all the hate coming from?

Steve, you've been away too long. We're past the hate now. We've moved onto hating the hate.  :P

Everyone meet at the old bridge around sundown.  Bring an extra controller.  We're going to load up Battle Royale and straighten these flames out the old fashioned way.   :twisted:

Black Tiger

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2006, 08:58:23 AM »
Quote from: "vestcoat"
Hey westexit, it's good to see you're still around.  I miss your ebay sales!

Quote from: "Keranu"
Well done, vestcoat! :D That's one of the coolest posts I have read in awhile and that's one helluva life you have.

Thanks Keranu.  :)

Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

Quote from: "stevek666"
Holy crap I missed a lot of drama! :) Where's all the hate coming from?

Steve, you've been away too long. We're past the hate now. We've moved onto hating the hate.  :P

Everyone meet at the old bridge around sundown.  Bring an extra controller.  We're going to load up Battle Royale and straighten these flames out the old fashioned way.   :twisted:

The ole fashioned way: Battle Royale.  :P

herr-g

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »
Has become a really interesting thread, guys.  :wink:

SignOfZeta

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2006, 12:45:25 PM »

Hey door-knob, I'm offended by what you wrote.  It's harsh and judgmental and I'm upset.  You have a point about the idol worship in my post, but that's about it.  The motivation of my post was to say "How come you guys with all the games aren't more active around here?"  I threw in a hefty measure of descriptive, idol-worship nonsense because I enjoy writing like that.

Well, I've been trying to figure out exactly what I kind of response I wanted to write to this thread for a month or so. I knew I wanted to write something about collectors/collections/collection worshipers that disgust me, but I couldn't articulate it until you helped me with your post, which was bascially a testament to materialism, or at least it seemed that way. Of course I was being judgmental. That's what humans do. Every thing we do, say, think, requires judgment.

I don't know about everyone else, but this forum is the one place in my life where I go to dork it up, talk to fellow gamers and be a kid again.  You've posted more than me in half the time I've had an account.  I also own fewer games than you.  Does that make you a loser?  Of course not.

How do you know how big my collection of video games is? I mean, seriously, that's an odd thing to assert. Did I mention the size of my game collection someplace and forget about it?

I bust my ass 45 hours a week for an environmental group.  I play in two bands and have an album out on label.  I sew my own clothes, make instruments out of metal, and manage to keep my 25 year old motorcycle running.  I quit drinking and have been with my girl for a year.  My band played a gig with the guitarist from the Cramps and the Bad Seeds tonight and I don't have a credit card.  That said, I still like Transformers, Weird Al, Men Without Hats and TurboGrafx games.  Everybody is a dork; football players, yuppies, politicians...everybody.  Some people are just more socially accepted than others.

Where do you get off judging your fellows on the forum you frequent?

I bet you've been dying to give that speach ever since you saw Revenge of the Nerds. I can hear, "We Are the Champions" playing right now, I swear.

No, really, where the hell are you even coming from here? I didn't call you a dork, I was pointing out the supreme fallacy of seeking happiness in material goods, and tangentially the folly of worshiping someone who is doing it. You're really off topic here. I collecting f*cking PC Engine games! Clearly I'm in no position to call someone a "dork", or whatever. I also like Men Without Hats. My favorite song of theirs is "Messiahs Die Young", from Folk of the 80s Part III, which I own on vinyl. Dork up, motherf*cker!

I think TurboGrafx games kick ass.  I think herr-g and most everyone on this forum kicks ass.  Guys like herr-g who own a couple copies of Sapphire don't piss me off.  That doesn't affect me.  The guys who piss me off are the vermin like Bullseye who jack prices up on ebay.  

No, see, that's something that's pretty much just wrong. I have no idea who Bullseye is, but eBay price gouging is pretty harmless, IMO. They only get the money that people gladly shell out. If someone owns multiple copies of a hella rare title, it most definitely raises the price. I mean, if someone owned 75 copies of Darius Alpha, the price would triple. Not that the thing is worth more than $5 to me, but thats simply supply/demand. Sapphire is nowhere near as rare obviously, but every copy the guy has is one less copy on the market, and since the print run is much much less lower than what it should have been, I'd be surprised if it didn't have a direct effect on the price of the next copy sold on eBay.

And by the way, I also have the original Optimus Prime, Darth Vader and the Millennium Falcon.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.  

Um...OK. I have Roadking, and Metroplex complete in box, a first print of Robert Daily's The Cruel Sport, and the Macross: Do You Remember Love Perfect Edition (CAV) laserdisc signed by Mari Ijima. What's your point, dork? :)

Seriously, you seem cool, I'm just flaming money worship.

Keranu

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »
I consider myself a game collector, though my collection is nothing compared to many others around here. I still enjoy playing games and play them all the time, but another reason why I enjoy collecting games is because I love looking and reading at the packaging. It's just a real fun hobby of mine reading through every instruction manual and admiring the cover art for games. GUTS also makes a good point that it's always a great feeling to receive a bunch of new games in the mail.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

vestcoat

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »
Quote from: "SignOfZeta"

I bet you've been dying to give that speach ever since you saw Revenge of the Nerds. I can hear, "We Are the Champions" playing right now, I swear.

No, really, where the hell are you even coming from here? I didn't call you a dork, I was pointing out the supreme fallacy of seeking happiness in material goods, and tangentially the folly of worshiping someone who is doing it. You're really off topic here. I collecting f*cking PC Engine games! Clearly I'm in no position to call someone a "dork", or whatever.

You did not call me a "dork" but please read your post again and think how you would react if you were a stranger reading it and unaware of the tone you were trying to convey.  The final message I boiled your comments down to was "You're a dork, get a life."  You said a lot of personal things that had nothing to do with your point about the foolishness of seeking happiness through material goods.

Remember that things get blown out of proportion easily when we communicate through email and message boards.  We have a lot of stuff in common and I'm sure we're all here for the same reason.  That said, PCE games are so awesome it's easy to get carried away and lose track of more important things.   I'm sure there's plenty of room for friendly teasing and the occasional reality check around here.  Please be wary of personal comments and making assumptions.

Speaking of making assumptions...
I don't know how big your collection is.  The 170 bad games figure seemed like a weird number when you mentioned it.  If herr-g has more bad games then you have total games, I suspected your collection to be something around the 170 range.  Was I right?

I also have Folk of the 80s (Part lll) and Rhythm of Youth on vinyl.  My dad introduced me to Men Without Hats when I was young and when I played NES games with exceptionally bad soundtracks it would turn down the volume and listen to Men Without Hats instead.  It’s pretty good video game music.  My favorite song is "I Like."

SignOfZeta

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2006, 10:52:21 PM »

Speaking of making assumptions...
I don't know how big your collection is.  The 170 bad games figure seemed like a weird number when you mentioned it.  If herr-g has more bad games then you have total games, I suspected your collection to be something around the 170 range.  Was I right?

The 170 figure was just a guess at how many bad PCE games there are. I actually don't know how many games I have. Let me go count...

...OK, it looks like 203, but only 30 of those are PCE titles. There are a few things in the mail right now, and I also have a shared collection of SuperNES stuff. My SNES collection is intigrated in with my girlfriend's and we keep all the stuff at her place.

Black Tiger

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2006, 09:48:47 AM »
Um...OK. I have Roadking, and Metroplex complete in box, a first print of Robert Daily's The Cruel Sport, and the Macross: Do You Remember Love Perfect Edition (CAV) laserdisc signed by Mari Ijima. What's your point, dork?  

Seriously, you seem cool, I'm just flaming money worship.

I have a fabric Fuun Kabuki Den wall scroll signed by Hiroi Ouji.  8)

Let's dance!  :P

The 170 figure was just a guess at how many bad PCE games there are. I actually don't know how many games I have. Let me go count...

...OK, it looks like 203, but only 30 of those are PCE titles. There are a few things in the mail right now, and I also have a shared collection of SuperNES stuff. My SNES collection is intigrated in with my girlfriend's and we keep all the stuff at her place.

Are you saying that you have 173 Turbo games? If so, thats pretty effing awesome.  :)

SignOfZeta

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
Heh, most of my other stuff is Saturn, DC, Cube, and handhelds like NGP, WS, and GBA. There are a few DS titles in there, and even some PS2 stuff, even though I don't own one. I didn't even have a PS until 2002. Its pretty fun picking up all the PS games I ever wanted for $1-2 each. I definitely made the right choice in supporting the Saturn back then.

Tatsujin

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2006, 02:24:12 AM »
here a small intermezzo of some bazaaru de gozaaru goodies, which i'm collecting time by time :)

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

akamichi

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2006, 03:21:32 AM »
Hey Tatsujin, cool pic!  But what's that other CD above the game?  Can't make out the details on it.  Looks like a PC game or audio CD.

Dunno if anybody else remembers (or even knew), but back in the mid 90s, NEC was using the Bazaaru de Gozaaru monkey as a mascot for all their computer stuff.  I don't know how long the ads went, but I remember seeing some for NEC PCs and seeing flyers and such in computer stores.  IIRC, the PCE game came at the tail end of that campaign.  Today, NEC still has Bazaaru de Gozaaru stuff but I don't think they're promoted with PCs and stuff as much anymore.

For the even more curious, Bazaaru de Gozaaru means "It's a bazaar".  But the name of the monkey is Bazaaru de Gozaaru, so that makes things more "interesting" when it comes to translation.  BTW the game is called "Bazaaru de Gozaaru's game!". :D

esteban

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2006, 03:30:22 AM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
Hey Tatsujin, cool pic!  But what's that other CD above the game?  Can't make out the details on it.  Looks like a PC game or audio CD.

Dunno if anybody else remembers (or even knew), but back in the mid 90s, NEC was using the Bazaaru de Gozaaru monkey as a mascot for all their computer stuff.  I don't know how long the ads went, but I remember seeing some for NEC PCs and seeing flyers and such in computer stores.  IIRC, the PCE game came at the tail end of that campaign.  Today, NEC still has Bazaaru de Gozaaru stuff but I don't think they're promoted with PCs and stuff as much anymore.

For the even more curious, Bazaaru de Gozaaru means "It's a bazaar".  But the name of the monkey is Bazaaru de Gozaaru, so that makes things more "interesting" when it comes to translation.  BTW the game is called "Bazaaru de Gozaaru's game!". :D
Damn. I don't know anything about this stuff.
  |    | 

Tatsujin

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2006, 11:54:10 AM »
@akamichi: the upper cd is a give away (hibaihin) pc soft cd-rom from '95 which content some information and flash-productcatalogs as well as a flash-game "bazaaru de gozaaru wo sagase", a game where you have to look for the monky which hold a plate in the air by up/down/right/left navigation and zoom funktion. found it in an old pasokon-store.

btw: the saru-maskott is still in use for CMs etc. nowadays. the mouse-pad and note-paper i got at the security and crisis exhibition last week in big sight from the NEC-booth. the ruler is dated to '91 and back then the slogan was written in strange french "bazzaru dé gozaaré"..haha.

for us pce lover, the release of the game "bazaaru de gozaaru no geemu de gozaaru" in '95 is probably the most interessting part of all those saru-staff.  :wink:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^