Author Topic: Pc Engine collections  (Read 6707 times)

GUTS

Re: Pc Engine collections
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2007, 06:28:13 AM »
I always kick myself for not buying Magical Chase GBC for $50 years ago when Wolfgames had it.  Now I think its like 3 times that if you can even find it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2007, 06:44:31 AM »
I always kick myself for not buying Magical Chase GBC for $50 years ago when Wolfgames had it.  Now I think its like 3 times that if you can even find it.

The only time I've ever seen it for sale was when 16-bit had it on eBay. I couldn't afford to buy it right away for close to $100, but was lucky enough to get it for $75 by the time I had the cash. To me, its the most valuable of the three versions, since its rarer than the Turbo game.

Its also nearly identical, with only resized sprites and less color. It actually has most of the layered bgs which were supposed to impossible even on PC Engine. I've got a GBC/PCE comparison in the works, but its still a few spaces down the list behind some more important projects I need to finish.

I've read about a runour computer version before, but have never seen anything about it online, so I assume it was never made.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »
Tatsujin, why do you have two copies of the PCE version of Magical Chase?

Black Tiger

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2007, 09:00:53 AM »
Tatsujin, why do you have two copies of the PCE version of Magical Chase?

One is the PC Engine Fan version and one is the regular version. Its just a publishing thing, the actual game itself is the same and they're both about equally as rare and valuable.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
Thanks for posting the box art of the GBC version of Magical Chase guys - it looks really cool! Love that cartridge as well!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:24 AM »
Hey Black_Tiger, I remember someone posting a picture of a Magical Chase CD (CD-ROM or Audio CD music sampler, I can't recall), but I forget which forum it was on (it might have been one of the old "Turbo Boards" that Runin, GUTS and others are familiar with).

Anyway, I'm not sure what it was, but I'd just love to see it again, even if it is as authentic as Strider SuperGrafx HuCards :).

Also, you kick ass with all of the projects you're working on. I still haven't seen all of the stuff you've done, but the Magical Chase comparison sounds awesome. Keep on rockin' :).
  |    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
Hey Black_Tiger, I remember someone posting a picture of a Magical Chase CD (CD-ROM or Audio CD music sampler, I can't recall), but I forget which forum it was on (it might have been one of the old "Turbo Boards" that Runin, GUTS and others are familiar with).
as i said, there exist a JPN Windows version of MC. may be it was one of those. like to have one as well :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
some of my soft after moving the flat :messie:  :)

some stuff snaped on the 1st swiss pce offline back in '04:

momotaro HuCard & CD sleeve folder

just bought a mint copy of bazaaru de gozaaru no geemu de gozaaru :drunken: :oops:

Hudson Vol. 1~61 (minus 28/46) complete (pix picked from hudson.co.jp):

H.R. Giger signed necromancer:

thanx tatsujin :)

Woooooooooooooooooow  :shock:

4 Sapphires, 2 Slyphias, and Necromancer signed by Giger?!?!?!

You sir are a very lucky man. Have you been collecting PC Engine stuff for years?

Tatsujin

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »

Woooooooooooooooooow  :shock:

4 Sapphires, 2 Slyphias, and Necromancer signed by Giger?!?!?!

You sir are a very lucky man. Have you been collecting PC Engine stuff for years?

uuhhh..sorry. no no. those aren't all my sapphires and sylphias (only one each out of them). that was a picture i snaped at our first and only one PC Engine Game night in swiss back in '04 :D

www.pcedaisakusen.net

Keranu

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2007, 05:29:59 PM »
Hey, Tatsujin: I think you kinda look like the monkey on the cover of that game in this pic!  :mrgreen:

Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »
 :o wow, he really does,  :lol:

Tatsujin

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2007, 11:04:42 PM »
yeah. that's sweet, isn't it :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net

elnino

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:55 PM »
that was a picture i snaped at our first and only one PC Engine Game night in swiss back in '04 :D

What a legendary event is was!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

esteban

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2007, 04:58:32 AM »
Hey Tatsujin! What is the official title for the Giger piece used as coverart for Necromancer? I was trying to find the title, but I haven't gotten close (I wasn't able to find a lot of images, outside of Giger's most popular stuff).

An old friend of mine has lots of Giger books, but I don't know if / when he'll get back to me ...

I should point out that I am assuming that the artwork in question was not specifically commissioned by Hudson, but rather an existing work of Giger's that someone at Hudson liked.

Thanks in advance!
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:03 AM »
Hey Tatsujin! What is the official title for the Giger piece used as coverart for Necromancer? I was trying to find the title, but I haven't gotten close (I wasn't able to find a lot of images, outside of Giger's most popular stuff).
Yes! I've been wanting to know this for like the past year as well!