Author Topic: Pc Engine collections  (Read 6721 times)

nat

Re: Pc Engine collections
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:53 AM »

Promotional SCD re-release of Tengai Makyou - Ziria and Deden No Den (promotional release of bomberman with Far East of Eden characters).

I have the pictured (SCD) version of Ziria. I had no idea it was a promotional release. What's different about it from the normal version (which I have never played apparently)?

I also have the Bomberman '94 Denden no Den game. Fun game, but you can't choose the CPU as a player. :(

Black Tiger

« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2007, 09:23:42 AM »

Promotional SCD re-release of Tengai Makyou - Ziria and Deden No Den (promotional release of bomberman with Far East of Eden characters).

I have the pictured (SCD) version of Ziria. I had no idea it was a promotional release. What's different about it from the normal version (which I have never played apparently)?

I also have the Bomberman '94 Denden no Den game. Fun game, but you can't choose the CPU as a player. :(

The Super CD version has a system card warning screen. Some people swear it loads faster or less often.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »

The always knowledgeable Bonknuts says....

As far as the difference between Ziria CD and SCD: the SCD version was recompiled for SCD and the script is compressed so it does use the extra memory of the SCD unit.

.... which would lead me to believe that it would have less frequent loads.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:17:38 AM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Tatsujin

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2007, 02:18:57 PM »
yeah, those special versions of bomberman only contains the vs. mode, for the yearly hudson competitions back in the time :)

taikenban means promotial soft, this goes for the BM'94, which then came out on a SCD. same fot the "deden no den kabuki". which again is the BM'94 but with kabuki characters instead of bombermen, as well on a SCD.

as for the shooting special versions, they where made for yearly hudson competition purposes as well.

concerning tengai makyô ziria, i dunno know well about, what's the differences. never went in seriously so far.

darius alpha was a give away present for those fast people who purchased darius plus and super darius, and sent back a small triangular snippet out from the manuals backside.

still missing hudson specials: Bomberman user battle, PC Genjin 3 taikenban, power league gold hucard, which will cost me probably more than i've already spent on those specials :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2007, 05:35:12 AM »
As of yesterday.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2007, 06:04:54 AM »
Don't you mean "As of January 1, 2003"?  :lol:

I spy Jimmu Densho in your collection.  Do you agree with runinruder's recent review (if you've even played it enough to have much of an opinion one way or the other)?

Turbo D

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2007, 06:09:09 AM »
He must have one of those digital cameras that take AA batteries. The time is always screwing up on those  :x

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2007, 06:13:51 AM »
Don't you mean "As of January 1, 2003"?  :lol:

I spy Jimmu Densho in your collection.  Do you agree with runinruder's recent review (if you've even played it enough to have much of an opinion one way or the other)?

I havent seen his review yet period, what thread's that in?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2007, 06:20:53 AM »
It's in runinruder's "My useless thoughts on a few PCE games" thread - Jimmu Denshou.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2007, 06:33:12 AM »
Ah that's what's up. In fact, I got a clip of that up on YouTube

WoodyXP

« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2007, 12:51:09 AM »

I finally got around to taking pictures of my stuff... I don't have anything that hasn't
been posted already:

The Hardware

The Software

Turbo D

« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2007, 02:35:06 AM »
 =P~   :clap:

bust3dstr8

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2007, 09:52:13 PM »
I wanted to be cool like Keranu...so I tried the Youtube route.

Here's my shitty video

Note to Keranu: For the love of God take that scary as hell baby off, I seriously almost puked when I saw it.
Clowns Suck

Keranu

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2007, 10:26:14 PM »
I wanted to be cool like Keranu...so I tried the Youtube route.

Aww, thanks man :) . I haven't recorded my collection yet, but I want to (similar to how Ninja Spirit did). It's always really relaxing to watch people show their collections.

Quote from: bust3dstr8
Here's my shitty video

The way you laid out all of your games looks so rad! I also love the Ai Cho Aniki music :D .

Quote from: bust3dstr8
Note to Keranu: For the love of God take that scary as hell baby off, I seriously almost puked when I saw it.

Hahahaha, that has been such a controversial video for me :mrgreen: . Everyone always comments on the baby but not one person has commented on the later half which features the wonderful Alf!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

bust3dstr8

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »
....second half.....there's a second half?
I bet most people, like I did, shut it off after 5 seconds.
Clowns Suck