Author Topic: Pc Engine collections  (Read 6710 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Pc Engine collections
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2007, 11:48:19 PM »
hehe..nice there.. i have to pass with a video. would have to pave the floors of my whole appartment for a 3 hour film splitted then in part 1~23 for youtube. that's tiring for me as well for the viewers afterwards :mrgreen:

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
....second half.....there's a second half?
I bet most people, like I did, shut it off after 5 seconds.
Yeah unfortunately most people do :( . By the way, I love your Combatribes signature GIF!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2007, 04:21:56 PM »
Nice collection bust3.  :clap: I just posted a comment on youtube. I just created a new account (avenuePad). It was the only name I could think of that wasn't already taken. lol

That video Keranu is really sad. What a terrible disease.  :(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:29:12 PM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2007, 05:22:30 PM »
That video Keranu is really sad. What a terrible disease.  :(
People don't understand the meaning behind my video :D ! It's not to discriminate people with Harlequin's disease or anything, it's just a test video when I first started using Ulead Video Studio! I quickly chose a couple videos off my computer and it ended up being that one and the Alf clip. I hope more people stick around for the Alf part :( .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2007, 06:11:22 PM »
I hope more people stick around for the Alf part Sad .

I did.  :)

Keranu

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »
Congratulations, I think that makes you the first!  :mrgreen:

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »
Oh man that Harlequin fetus...everytime I see that, I think of the birth scene from this flick..

rag-time4

« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »
I wanted to be cool like Keranu...so I tried the Youtube route.

Aww, thanks man :) . I haven't recorded my collection yet, but I want to (similar to how Ninja Spirit did). It's always really relaxing to watch people show their collections.

Quote from: bust3dstr8
Here's my shitty video

The way you laid out all of your games looks so rad! I also love the Ai Cho Aniki music :D .

Quote from: bust3dstr8
Note to Keranu: For the love of God take that scary as hell baby off, I seriously almost puked when I saw it.

Hahahaha, that has been such a controversial video for me :mrgreen: . Everyone always comments on the baby but not one person has commented on the later half which features the wonderful Alf!

I don't think I've ever sat through a full episode of the live-action Alf but I used to occasionaly watch the Saturday morning cartoon...

I never knew about that disease until I saw your video, Keranu.

I don't understand what's upsetting about the video... Why keep this disease a secret?

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2007, 01:16:11 PM »
If I ever get the time to take pics I will,but basically between me and the kids here we have  a 2-Slot MVS with a tad over 35 games I think,a black GameCube with around 60 titles,a Wii with around 6 games, a pink DS lite,and a silver normal DS with around 14 DS titles,a CoreGrafx with Super Cd-rom and around 55-58 titles, 2 Nes decks and around 40 games for those,a few computers,lots of Pc games,and a little bit of Jamma pcb stuff. Also still some Genesis and import Ps1 stuff and a Mini Ps1 sitting here. I think that is it. I know this is for Pc Engine thread wise,but might as well   post a basic breakdown of everything and be done with it.

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »
It's currently about 660 titles, so still a few to go. I keep on searching...

Greetings to all PCE freaks out there from a big fan in Hamburg, Germany.

:shock: WOW thats a killer collection but i can't help but wonder with that much invested in the collection why not the mac daddy 52" LCD display to play it on?

still...wow
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Tatsujin

« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »
because LCDs don't fit with the PC Engine. there is no fun to play pc engine games on such a devices! CRTs for ever in our retro-hearts!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Black Tiger

« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2007, 01:16:24 AM »
because LCDs don't fit with the PC Engine. there is no fun to play pc engine games on such a devices! CRTs for ever in our retro-hearts!!

They also look and play great on a DLP projector.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »
I can't agree with this enough!

Tatsujin

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
there're may be big differences for different type of LCD/TFT products, but generally you never will bring the picture such nice and purely on a screen as by a good old CRT via RGB input. and for the most products i've seen in the past, old 16-bitter doesn't make a good figure on such new highend screens.

but beamers generally looking better than any LCD/TFT screens i've seen up to now.

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

ceti alpha

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2007, 04:30:29 PM »
there're may be big differences for different type of LCD/TFT products, but generally you never will bring the picture such nice and purely on a screen as by a good old CRT via RGB input.

I think I just found that out at my friend's place last night. He was doing some shit so I decided to download armagetron on his computer and give it a go. He has an LCD and the picture was terrible. I thought it just might have been the default graphics so I downloaded and installed a moviepack, but the picture was still sketchy. It was just all blurry. Like armagetron on LSD. Everything was trailing if you know what I mean. Oh, and I'm pretty sure his video card is good. He was playing Command and Conquer with no issues. The FPS on Armagetron was also quite good or as good as mine at least.

I love my flatscreen CRT.  :clap: But are there any equal, high quality LCDs that won't have that blur/wave effect?