Author Topic: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...  (Read 5341 times)

ElSeven

PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...
« on: September 20, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »
Has anyone else seen this yet?

http://pceworks.wordpress.com/

looks like the people (person?) that put together the Sapphire boots from a few years ago is releasing a new set of reproduction games.  Renny Blaster, Faussete Amour, Kaze Kiri Ninja Action and Sylphia for 119 euro shipped.

not sure how i feel about this.  thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:17:28 AM by ElSeven »
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Otaking

Re: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
I wonder if they'll be CDRs like his Rockman ones he did or proper printed CDs like the Sapphire bootleg.

Black Tiger

Re: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »
These will be on eBay soon if they aren't already, listed as "second run" copies that are "rarer than the original" and the first seller will get as much as or more than the collectors price on non-bootlegs by putting "only listing on ebay!" in the title.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
A lot of people won't buy it, but I probably will..  That is IF they are not CD-Rs.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:35:10 PM »
Totally e-mailed him already to see if they're pressed or burned. Now, waiting.

Sadler

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »
I asked the same and he said they were pressed. I know there's a lot of hate for the guy, but the Sapphire boot was of high enough quality that I don't mind grabbing this. I don't care enough about Faussete Amour or Renny Blaster to pay the prices for real copies, but I don't mind paying ~$40 for a high quality bootleg. Kaze Kiri is the only one of these games I own already.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:05:21 AM by Sadler »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »
I will be on the boat with this then!!! 

ElSeven

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »
Glad to hear that they are pressed cds and not just cd-r.  Since i don't own these games already I will prob be picking this up.

Not sure what the gold(ish) coin is about tho, is that actually a selling point for anyone?
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
I just got with him, and he is almost out of stock already... So, if you gonna get it, better hurry.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
Looks pretty, I'm on board. <3

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »
I just got with him, and he is almost out of stock already... So, if you gonna get it, better hurry.

I'm sure that it's only the "collectors" set that is almost out of stock, if he's even being honest about that.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

shubibiman

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »
Well, when it comes to Tobias, we know what "nearly out of stock" means. Back in the time, Sapphire had been "nearly out of stock" for 5 years.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

TR0N

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »
I have original copies all ready for faussete armor,kaze kiri and sylphia.Though i wouldn't mind having a renny blaster for collection sake.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

dingsbums

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 04:10:48 AM »
I won't even think about the clausterf*ck that is coming in the future when you want one of the four games as original ](*,). When the games will be sold seperatly from the owners and everybody thinks it's a real one - similar to the Sapphire sales today  :P.

I mean it wouldn't be such a problem if the four games would be marked as reprints but based on Sapphire they sure aren't  :?. A writing that says "This is a reprint" on the last side inside the manual, the back of the spine card, the CD itself and the inside of the backcover and all would be fine => that way you could at least ask if it is an original or not.

Thank god I have these four titles already  :) because all this is doing - it adds four titles to the "you have to be carefull" list  :x if you want original copies.
I get it - the originals are expensive - but even with these reprints existing - I would still want the original - as I have done it with Sapphire.

Or let me say it this way: My four expensive most wanted PCE CD games are Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari, Dead of the Brain 1&2, Madou Monogatari & Shin Onriyou Senki. If the set would contain these four titles I would still prefer the originals and to hunt them down for a good price :).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 04:17:47 AM »
Pressed is nice, but I don't like how he charges an arm and a leg for something that costs him only a few bucks to produce, and I agree that they should be easily distinguishable from legitimate copies.  Like the Sapphire boots, I bet there'll be obvious differences if you know what to look for, but that won't help noobs and the uninformed.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles