Author Topic: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...  (Read 5359 times)

jtucci31

Re: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 04:22:53 AM »
I won't even think about the clausterf*ck that is coming in the future when you want one of the four games as original ](*,). When the games will be sold seperatly from the owners and everybody thinks it's a real one - similar to the Sapphire sales today  :P.

I mean it wouldn't be such a problem if the four games would be marked as reprints but based on Sapphire they sure aren't  :?. A writing that says "This is a reprint" on the last side inside the manual, the back of the spine card, the CD itself and the inside of the backcover and all would be fine => that way you could at least ask if it is an original or not.

For whatever reason i was under the impression that it would be labeled "reprint" SOMEWHERE on the game like you said. But that sucks. I'll have to do my research and stress over whether I'm buying the real thing or not when the time comes.

Pressed is nice, but I don't like how he charges an arm and a leg for something that costs him only a few bucks to produce, and I agree that they should be easily distinguishable from legitimate copies.  Like the Sapphire boots, I bet there'll be obvious differences if you know what to look for, but that won't help noobs and the uninformed.

That whole boxset is ~$150 and it seems mainly due to the coin. I didn't think the games themselves would cost that much. If they were cheaper i probably would have jumped on it.

dingsbums

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 04:38:42 AM »
For whatever reason i was under the impression that it would be labeled "reprint" SOMEWHERE on the game like you said. But that sucks. I'll have to do my research and stress over whether I'm buying the real thing or not when the time comes.

It's just my assumption that they will be not marked.
But based on the fotos seen here:
http://pceworks.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/best-of-japan/#more-54

And on the Sapphire bootleg I'm pretty sure they won't be marked.
The only reprint sign I have seen is on the outer box - which can be tossed away easily. And it says on the site that the games will be sold seperatly later on.

Dicer

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »
If these are full pressed re-pro's I'd have zero issue with the price (f*ck the coin though) if it's just nicely done packaging with a CD-R I can do that at home.

Just my .02 on the matter.

Looks like it's nicely done. and I give him some sort of props for keeping the dream alive...

albatross

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
I've placed my order...cant wait to play these as I do not currently own any of them.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »
Can't wait until there's US repro CD games. hahahahahahahahahahaaaahhhhaahahahahaha eff

MotherGunner

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »
Damn, if only I could afford a set...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Trenton_net

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 03:42:13 AM »
I already own legit copies of Kaze Kiri and Fausset Amour, but if these are actual pressings I might go in just for Sylphia and Renny Blaster. If anyone wanted Kaze Kiri or Fausset I'd be happy to share the cost with them.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 04:00:17 AM »
A collector's coin to celebrate a box of bootlegs?  ROLF
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »
Somehow, he just happened to have a set left for me to buy today. :P I'm going to heavily document them along with the rest of his boots and try to narrow down the easiest to spot aspects. We can't have them just floating around with the only info being "some are fake and some are not".
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Lochlan

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »
Somehow, he just happened to have a set left for me to buy today. :P I'm going to heavily document them along with the rest of his boots and try to narrow down the easiest to spot aspects. We can't have them just floating around with the only info being "some are fake and some are not".

Thank you for doing that.  I was considering doing this myself, glad to hear somebody stepped up.

Personally I'm most concerned about counterfeit spine cards circulating alongside real games.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

munchiaz

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »
I wouldn't mind getting them if they had clear markings that they were bootlegs.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 10:57:17 AM »
Black Tiger, taking one for the team.

When you're done documenting them, you can recoup your outlay by pawning 'em off on some frenchy collectard.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mathius

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
Looks like Black Tiger beat me to it. He told me that he would hold a copy for as long as I wanted. Real nice of him but unusual considering their "limited" number.

I'm getting a nice paycheck this week so I think I'll change my mind from earlier and spring for one. In all honesty the Sapphire boot was quite a blessing on my end just so I could appreciate the game. Same goes for these.

Just trying to be real here regarding my possible purchase. The site of the box set kinda gave me a stiffy. Blue Balls really suck too btw.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ElSeven

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 03:40:17 PM »
someone has already posted an unboxing on youtube:

looks like the discs are definitely pressed as earlier reported, and there are new logo makings unique to this repro pressing on the manuals and discs that make these easily identifiable as fakes.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Black Tiger

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »
someone has already posted an unboxing on youtube:

looks like the discs are definitely pressed as earlier reported, and there are new logo makings unique to this repro pressing on the manuals and discs that make these easily identifiable as fakes.

It's cool that he put some logos on them this time, although it looks like he's trying to establish this new brand and if successful, we'll likely see anything of value bootlegged soon enough.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum