Author Topic: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...  (Read 5315 times)

seieienbu

Re: PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2014, 05:57:28 AM »
From the email I received:

"more sets will be available later on this year.
Likely in late october or early november. People on the waiting list will
get a heads up early on. Expect an email in roughly 2 weeks from now."
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Black Tiger

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »
So are they going to be numbered "1/100" again. :P

I hope some collectors bought the set as an actual limited edition collectible.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

HailingTheThings

« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2014, 10:08:47 AM »
So are they going to be numbered "1/100" again. :P

I hope some collectors bought the set as an actual limited edition collectible.

That'd be too funny. No one should purchase these thinking "OMG! Future Rare, must hold onto!"

shubibiman

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »
I wonder why I'm not surprised :p Tobias will never change. I told you so.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2014, 12:50:04 AM »

I wonder why I'm not surprised :p Tobias will never change. I told you so.

He's going to re-releasing these items many, many times.

|    | 

reson8er

« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2014, 03:39:59 AM »
I gotta add my hat to the "blown away by quality" group. And Kazi Kiri is so much fun that I can't believe that I have been avoiding this game for so many years. If you like Kung Fu on the NES then you'll be in 16-Bit Super CD Heaven. No pics yet. It's nighttime now and I'll need sunshine to add the proper amount of light.

I got lot 24 out of 100.

Kaze Kiri is a great game and a favorite of mine, it really scratches my "ninja action" game itch on the PCE. Very fun game, especially when you learn the controls and start doing all the moves in succession.

clackattack

« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:25 AM »
Looks pretty awesome to me, maybe if i order one soon i can score one of those sweet coins!
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Samuray

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »
Looks pretty awesome to me, maybe if i order one soon i can score one of those sweet coins!

Well, I would think that even when the set is re-released, the coins will not be. Just a hunch.

Any thoughts on the peculiarly titled "Renny Blaster", anyone? Didn't know about that game until now.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
Any thoughts on the peculiarly titled "Renny Blaster", anyone? Didn't know about that game until now.

It isn't worth $400.

Lochlan

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2014, 06:27:22 PM »
It isn't worth $400.

Just gonna leave this here, for those who may not be aware of it: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/on_value_for_money/
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

xelement5x

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2014, 05:20:19 AM »
It isn't worth $400.

Just gonna leave this here, for those who may not be aware of it: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/on_value_for_money/

Interesting little post, I like the concepts in it and it make sense from the point of a reviewer, but not a consumer to me.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »

It isn't worth $400.

I agree with the author of that post: reviews are stronger when they focus on the game itself. It's ok to question spending too much $$$$, but perhaps in separate section, at end of review.

|    | 

Lochlan

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »
Interesting little post, I like the concepts in it and it make sense from the point of a reviewer, but not a consumer to me.

It's true that the article was referring to another context, but the same concepts apply "as a consumer."

When HailingTheThings says "It isn't worth $400" what he really means is "given my own personal financial situation and interest level in this game, I would not pay $400 to own it."  It's a statement about himself, despite being worded as if it were a fact about the game.  You or others may or may not agree with that statement.  If a reader knows HailingTheThings and knows that they share his taste in games and financial standing then his statement has some value to them.  But it's still not a fact that the game "isn't worth $400."

And I think that HailingTheThings was also implicitly "reviewing" this game when he made a statement about its relative worth--but he did so on the basis of cost, which I consider to be a misguided approach, hence the link.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2014, 04:15:58 PM »

It's true that the article was referring to another context, but the same concepts apply "as a consumer."

When HailingTheThings says "It isn't worth $400" what he really means is "given my own personal financial situation and interest level in this game, I would not pay $400 to own it."  It's a statement about himself, despite being worded as if it were a fact about the game.  You or others may or may not agree with that statement.  If a reader knows HailingTheThings and knows that they share his taste in games and financial standing then his statement has some value to them.  But it's still not a fact that the game "isn't worth $400."

And I think that HailingTheThings was also implicitly "reviewing" this game when he made a statement about its relative worth--but he did so on the basis of cost, which I consider to be a misguided approach, hence the link.

Don't think I've seen someone use my name that many times in a single post. Should buy me a f*cking drink, hehe.

Also, that game is not worth $400, whether you can throw monies about or not. The games is just super meh.

THAT'S MY REVIEW, HOLY SHIT!!!

Also, seriously, buy me a drink, I may be more inclined to pay your asking price for Vasteel.

Also. . .

*kisses*

SamIAm

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
On one hand, I find it a little asinine when someone is reviewing a game and they say something like "It's not worth $30". Do you think it's worth $20? If $30 is as valuable to me as $20 is to you, should I get it? If I enjoy the game 50% more than you, should I get it? These subjective factors make the statement useless, and a time-wasting distraction from the rest of the review.

However, on the other hand, in extreme situations where the price is sky-high and the game totally blows, it makes plenty of sense. It's hard to draw a line, but $400 is a considerable chunk of change for most people. If you simply think the game isn't fun, there's probably not much harm in pointing out that the price is reason enough to avoid it.