Author Topic: Worst huey ever poll  (Read 1935 times)

Ayce

Re: Worst huey ever poll
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »
Look at all the ones that didn't get any votes:

Aero Blasters
Alien Crush
Bloody Wolf
Bonk's Big Adventure
Chase HQ
Cybercore
Dragon Spirit
Legendary Axe II
Military Madness
Ordyne
Parasol Stars
Raiden
Shockman
Sinistron
Somer Assault
Time Cruise

Any argument for one of these being the best US Huey?

Not a fan of all of them but several of them are really good.

Though... I finally played Gunboat today. Not only did I get frustrated at just trying to get into the actual game, but when I did get into the game I couldn't figure out how to play it. Man it really is horrid.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:28 PM »
Yeah, that's a solid list, slinky. Ninja Spirit should also be on there. I accidentally clicked on it instead of Night Creatures.

slinkyturd

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
I'm also counting 4 games with more votes than any sports game. Just to put to rest the fears of every sports game taking the top spots.
70/95 US Turbochips

johnnykonami

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »
I am really surprised to see that Double Dungeons has so many votes. It is a bit average, but one of the worst Turbo games?

Also, Battle Royale should have a lot more votes. What an unplayable mess that is.

Double Dungeons was a huge disappointment to me when I got it as a kid.  It couldn't possibly get more vanilla, there is absolutely no flavor whatsoever.  Thank goodness for Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest to make up for it.  That was probably the best 3D dungeon crawler on the system.  I never played Might and Magic III but I know the series and that it definitely has a lot of character.  Can't think of any others.  But Double Dungeons is well deserved in receiving so many votes, if only for it's mind-numbing mediocrity.

TR0N

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2014, 09:03:01 PM »
Voted for deep blue i mean deep shit,so there  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bklyn4ever

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 12:59:18 AM »
I'm probably one of the few who likes TV sports football. The sound when someone is being tackled is just plain awesome.

Also, when I was you younger(since the TV sports games lack music) I used to pop in one of my favorite bands CDs into my TG16 CD drive and rock out while playing.

No your not my brother and I love TV Sports Football. We played hours & hours together!

esteban

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 01:04:56 AM »
TV SPORTS Anything = better than Deep Blue.   
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 04:12:23 AM »
Look at all the ones that didn't get any votes:

Any argument for one of these being the best US Huey?

No troll votes must mean it's the best game evah!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
I don't like sports games and don't follow other people playing sports, but I still had some fun with the TV Sports games bitd. Certainly more than Falcon, Gunboat and Ballistix.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 05:50:59 AM »
Who the heck voted for Soldier Blade ????????

neutopia6

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
I enjoyed double dungeons, it reminds me of the original Phantasy Star on Master system, I understand that its not the most exciting, or shiny game out there but its great for what it is in my opinion.

vestcoat

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 10:19:47 AM »
I enjoyed double dungeons, it reminds me of the original Phantasy Star on Master system, I understand that its not the most exciting, or shiny game out there but its great for what it is in my opinion.
+1. Great game that nailed everything it set out to do. A remarkable title for a 1990 home console original. People dislike it only because they expect a full-fledged RPG, but get a tightly-focused arcade dungeon crawler. If it were called "Maze Slasher" or something it would be more popular.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 12:59:55 PM »

Deep Blue reminds me a lot of China Warrior. Is it a good game? No, not really but it has its charms. Both require very high levels of enemy pattern memorization in order to beat them, and neither are the best looking games on the system.

But I kind of dig Deep Blue as a highly defensive oriented shooter for the system. More dodging, less shooting, and, yes, less fun than the other shooters on the system, but it has a weird charm/misunderstanding that draw me back to it.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

esteban

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »

Deep Blue reminds me a lot of China Warrior. Is it a good game? No, not really but it has its charms. Both require very high levels of enemy pattern memorization in order to beat them, and neither are the best looking games on the system.

But I kind of dig Deep Blue as a highly defensive oriented shooter for the system. More dodging, less shooting, and, yes, less fun than the other shooters on the system, but it has a weird charm/misunderstanding that draw me back to it.

I don't disagree with you. I just haven't given it a chance, really. I tried playing it like a traditional shootemup, got frustrated, knew that I was doing something wrong, and moved on to other games.

But I always revisit stuff, and I've been meaning to do so for years. FIRST I'LL PLAY ORDYNE, though, since I feel guiltier for ignoring ORDYNE for so many years.

Ballistix, though, is a turd.   
  |    | 

vestcoat

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 03:11:51 PM »

Well said; good analysis. If I hadn't purchased Deep Blue when I was a twelve and had zero money, I would never have given it a chance. As it was, I was, I was stuck playing it for a month and eventually found it rewarding. It's one of those games that never gets a chance in a modern gamer's library.