Author Topic: AVGN Movie Bomb  (Read 827 times)

ctophil

Re: AVGN Movie Bomb
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
I'm one of the original AVGN Movie supporters.  James does know his stuff, and the best part is that he works really hard on his movie-making passions.  I can't wait for the Movie to be released on DVD/Blu-ray.  I will be buying a few copies to send to my friends as an introductory gift. 

The premiere in theaters looked fantastic.  I'm really happy that James and crew got a large following.  He deserves the tremendous applause for a job well done. 

Mathius

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »
I am disappoint. Probably still watch it though.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Otaking

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 05:31:21 AM »
I was looking around to see if there are any reviews of the new AVGN movie and saw this review from RetroGamer3, he absolutely trashes the movie

I haven't watched any RetroGamer3 videos in years, I vaguely recall he was a big AVGN fan.
I quickly scanned his old videos and found this video.

Funny enough the nostalgia critic like it though he did sum it up it's for the fans.

Just watched this response to the nostalgia critic review

SamIAm

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 02:28:36 PM »
I...I just can't make myself watch the rest of this.

I love James and AVGN, but the first 45 minutes just didn't hook me at all.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »
AVGN took the part of the movie that is just the actual game review and put it on his site to watch for free.  Meaning you can skip the whole movie thing and just see the Atari game itself.

http://cinemassacre.com/2014/10/10/e-t-atari-2600-angry-video-game-nerd-episode-120/
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

whisper2053

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »
AVGN took the part of the movie that is just the actual game review and put it on his site to watch for free.  Meaning you can skip the whole movie thing and just see the Atari game itself.

http://cinemassacre.com/2014/10/10/e-t-atari-2600-angry-video-game-nerd-episode-120/

Just watched this. If it's any indication of the greater movie...I am glad I missed it. Wow.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »
I expected too much out of this movie.  I barely made it through the entire flick.  For the last hour or so I was thinking "I hope this ends soon" and it just kept going and going *ugh*.  I enjoy a lot of James' work.  Some of his documentaries I have watched multiple times.  I am glad he pulled it off and fulfilled his dream, but this movie I won't watch again. 
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »
With all of the lackluster responses to this film, I am kinda curious to see it (I had only a *slight* interest before).

One of these years...
  |    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 09:51:05 PM »
I've only seen the ET review yet. The problem for me was: Once you could see the Nerd speaking to the seen audience, it felt staged. The Nerd character feels more natural and "real" if he's talking to the viewer behind the 4th wall himself like he does in regular reviews.

I like his reviews. I do not like the ET one and probably won't like the rest of the movie as well.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:54:02 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

TheClash603

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »
This thread made me remember this movie exists and now unfortunately I will have to watch it.

I went to the guy's site and I don't see a DVD...  considering he has original film reels he watches occasionally, it is odd the movie is only available digitally.  Am I missing the DVD somewhere?

HailingTheThings

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 10:23:48 PM »
This thread made me remember this movie exists and now unfortunately I will have to watch it.

I went to the guy's site and I don't see a DVD...  considering he has original film reels he watches occasionally, it is odd the movie is only available digitally.  Am I missing the DVD somewhere?

It's being worked on. Probably be out Nov. or Dec.

Galder

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »
The movie was a waste of time. His reviews on the other hand, very funny  :mrgreen:

Mzo

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 07:33:12 AM »
It's screening this Friday right before the Portland Retro Gaming Expo kicks off.

I might go see it anyway ._.

SuperGrafx

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 09:06:25 AM »
I was sort of turned off by the choice of characters.
The hipster-type girl in particular.

esadajr

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 03:43:02 AM »
It was ok I guess, had its moments.

Not was I was expecting, although I'm not sure what I was expecting after all these years.

The ET review was fair in terms of an ET review but not much in terms of an AVGN review.

On a side note, I'm surprised the ET price didn't spike up.
Gaming since 1985