Author Topic: Halloween Movie List  (Read 1481 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Halloween Movie List
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 08:43:52 AM »
Very cheesy and kiddie.. but Hocus Pocus? :D

It would be the only one that a 6 year old 10 year old and two pregnant wifes would all watch with us lol...

oh my friend's wife is also pregnant.......

esteban

Halloween Movie List
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »

It would be the only one that a 6 year old 10 year old and two pregnant wifes would all watch with us lol...

I WAS TOTALLY surprised by Hocus Pocus. It was much better than I thought it would be.

Obviously, I watched this with my daughter. We both liked it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:50:27 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 08:53:37 AM »

I WAS TOTALLY surprised by Hocus Pocus. It was much better than I thought it would be.

Tell the TRUTH!

deep down inside you are a fan of sex in the city and Bette Midler fan.......

let your inner Queen out of the closet!

Although I have to admit Sarah Jessica Parker was never attractive to me with those sharp edges on her face and that wart/mold what ever it was on her face...always distracting my gaze when I'd see her...I am glad she finally got it removed........or I think she did.......I am sure when she still had it though it was one less thing the wardrob had to put on for her witch look.....lol

esteban

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 08:58:36 AM »

Tell the TRUTH!

deep down inside you are a fan of sex in the city and Bette Midler fan.......

let your inner Queen out of the closet!

Although I have to admit Sarah Jessica Parker was never attractive to me with those sharp edges on her face and that wart/mold what ever it was on her face...always distracting my gaze when I'd see her...I am glad she finally got it removed........or I think she did.......I am sure when she still had it though it was one less thing the wardrob had to put on for her witch look.....lol

I never understood how Sarah Jessica Parker was ever seen as being attractive, either.

Of course, that doesn't mean I would turn her down.

Bette Midler was great. She played herself, I think. Ha!

|    | 

xelement5x

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »
Is Hocus Pocus the one where they basically spend the entire movie making fun of the main kid for being a virgin at like 14 years old?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »
Is Hocus Pocus the one where they basically spend the entire movie making fun of the main kid for being a virgin at like 14 years old?

Yes

toymachine78

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Great movie!

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »

not exactly a horror movie but most definitely one of the best Halloween theme movies of all time!

esteban

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »

not exactly a horror movie but most definitely one of the best Halloween theme movies of all time!

It has an amusing zombie in it. Supernatural stuff. The witches really are evil. That's enough to slide it into the horror genre. 
  |    | 

InfraMan

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 02:22:35 AM »

I always get Hocus Pocus and The Witches mixed up for some reason. If I remember, they came out fairly close together... maybe a couple of years apart? :-k

Also, The Halloween Tree is a cool animated flick that you might want to check out. Not really horror, but about as Halloween-y as you can get.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 02:48:58 AM »
Well doesnt need to be horror. Just halloween themed. 

jtucci31

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »
Why isn't the first and second treehouse of horror on your list medic? I really liked the first one where they do Poe and such. Don't remember the second, but i never remember disliking any of them

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »

It has an amusing zombie in it. Supernatural stuff. The witches really are evil. That's enough to slide it into the horror genre. 

cool, i remember watching it on Disney channel back in the day every Halloween. I love the movie, only scene i hated was when that one witch would get on her broom and start singing and hypnotizing all the people who would hear the song, made me want to get a pc engine shuttle and shoot her ass!!! lol can't believe that hocus pocus was made back in 93!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2014, 04:24:03 PM »
If you can find:

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981).

A personal fave since I was in 4th grade. It is probably corny/dated now, but I saw this in '84-'85, so it wouldn't have seemed as dated.

Anyway, you think this is just an average TV film, but there are so many great character actors and a few nods to Frankenstein...there is a genuine, honest spirit to this film that helps deliver its (rather simplistic) message with more power than most films.

Or, I'm just hopelessly nostalgic for this film.

Was it an Australian production? Thank god for Internet, I had a hell of a time finding anything on this back in the day.

ONE SCENE IN PARTICULAR IS HAUNTINGLY POIGNANT AND SHOULD BE REQUIRED FOR ALL FANS OF FILM.

I can't tell you which one (spoiler).

UPDATE: it's finally available on DVD. I just ordered it...wait, I didn't check NetFlix.

Also on Boo Ray!!! Might check this out. :3

xelement5x

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »

cool, i remember watching it on Disney channel back in the day every Halloween. I love the movie, only scene i hated was when that one witch would get on her broom and start singing and hypnotizing all the people who would hear the song, made me want to get a pc engine shuttle and shoot her ass!!! lol can't believe that hocus pocus was made back in 93!

My wife and I always wound up watching the Halloweentown movies on Disney and getting really drunk.  They are just incredibly ridiculous plotwise and the visuals.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story