Author Topic: Light Gun Games  (Read 976 times)

esteban

Re: Light Gun Games
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:11 AM »
I play PCE Operation Wolf with a Menacer. 
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:37:14 AM »
I cannot help but wonder the following

Does the guncon 2 work with ps1 games on the ps2?

Was there any force feedback guncons released for thr ps2?

What the hell were they thinking with that gunforce 3?  It looks a little off but maybe it played well. 

I believe it's Time Crisis 2 & 3 and Vampire Night that use the FireWire port on early PS2s to give 2 screen link play. Very fun way to play if you have 2 crts, 2 ps2s, and 2 copies of the game.

Oh really?   

Because the systems and games and getting another $10 dollar crt is very doable.  Amd cheap.  The game without gun goes for like $10 dollars and the ps2. I don't know what the current going rate is but it couldn't be more then $20 bucks.

Super Scope 6 on the SNES was awesome fun.   Yoshis Safari was a nice little romp... Metal Combat and Battleclash were pretty good too.

Whsnt those three game the entier light gun game list for the NA SNES?

Where is Point Blank?!  Those games are the bomb and I could play them for hours.

HOTD Overkill is pretty awesome and there is also a PS3 version with some additions.

The Resident Evil Wii shooting game is fun too, there is a lot of awesome stuff on the Wii that had releases.  Vampire Night is le funs.

Considering your avatar of course you are a point blank fan. Might have to pick up a compalation inport game one day.

From necro:

See how this works?  Stop making triple and quadruple posts.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:16:52 AM by Necromancer »

Opethian

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 03:14:57 AM »
guncon 2 is USB so no it wont work

you can use a guncon 1 and 2  for dual guns on Time Crisis 3 tho

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

xelement5x

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 03:36:08 AM »
Funny story about the force feedback GunCon.  I talked to a guy one time who used to be an arcade tech and he was telling me that Namco did make prototype home use Guncons for the PS1 that had recoil and he had used them before, but that was dropped in the final version which was released. 

He could have been lying to me, but he's always been a truthful guy with no need to lie about a prototype GunCon offhand so I believe it.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 04:41:47 AM »
Freedom Force on NES love!! WWOOO!!

I actually have a pretty good time with Saturn lightgun games the most. 

Virtua Cop and Scud: The Disposable Assassin are some of the best!!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »
Guncon compatible games

The Guncon 2 is not compatible with the PlayStation as it has no regular PS-port but USB only, meaning the following games only work with the original Guncon.

Crisis Zone (PS2 game that supports both Guncon and Guncon 2, but only the EU version)Elemental GearboltEndgame (PS2 game that supports both Guncon and Guncon II)Extreme GhostbustersDie Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las VegasGhoul PanicDeath Crimson OX (PS2 game that supports both Guncon and Guncon II)Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse JamesJudge DreddMaximum ForceMighty Hits SpecialMoorhuhn seriesPoint Blank seriesRescue ShotResident Evil Survivor Japanese and PAL versions only.[10]Time CrisisTime Crisis: Project TitanTime Crisis II (PS2 game that supports both Guncon and Guncon 2)Time Crisis 3 (PS2 game that supports both Guncon and Guncon 2, but only the EU version)Vampire Night (PS2 game that supports both Guncon and Guncon 2)Guncon 2 compatible games

Some Guncon 2 (PS2) games are compatible with the original Guncon, unless the game utilizes the extra buttons on the Guncon 2.

Crisis ZoneDeath Crimson OX+ (JP)Dino Stalker [US] (AKA Gun Survivor 3: Dino Crisis [JP])Endgame [US/EU)Gunfighter II: Revenge of Jesse James (EU)Gunvari Collection + Time Crisis (JP)Ninja Assault [JP/US]Resident Evil: Dead Aim [US] (AKA Gun Survivor 4 Biohazard Heroes Never Die [JP])Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica [EU/JP]Starsky & Hutch (coop mode only)Time Crisis IITime Crisis 3Vampire Night [EU/JP/US]Virtua Cop: Elite EditionGuncon 3 compatible gamesTime Crisis 4Time Crisis: Razing StormDeadstorm Pirates

SuperGrafx

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »
Who could forget Missile Defense 3D on Master System!?  Quite possibly the best use of 3D and a light gun!

So true.
Game was a bit limited in terms of stages, but those 3D effects were by far the best. 
That ice stage with the pillars sticking out and the deep chasm were so damn impressive back then.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 02:09:43 AM »
Watch "Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica (Sony Pla…" on YouTube
Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica (Sony Pla…:

TheClash603

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »
I am a HUGE light gun fan!  Always one of my favorite genres since I was a kid, because Chiller and Crossbow got me hooked!

Most of the big games were listed (Beamer saved the day), but I don't think I saw Lucky and Wild anywhere.  WHERE IS LUCKY AND WILD!?!?!?

esteban

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 10:22:02 PM »

I am a HUGE light gun fan!  Always one of my favorite genres since I was a kid, because Chiller and Crossbow got me hooked!

Most of the big games were listed (Beamer saved the day), but I don't think I saw Lucky and Wild anywhere.  WHERE IS LUCKY AND WILD!?!?!?

I want to play Chiller. I never knew about it back in the day.
  |    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »

Years before Mortal Kombat, my local pizza place tried to turn me into a serial killer by having this game on display.  I am not sure if you can be appreciate the game today in the same manner I did as a youth, but you must play the arcade version if you are giving it a chance.  The NES game sucks my a$$hole.

esteban

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 11:30:12 PM »

Years before Mortal Kombat, my local pizza place tried to turn me into a serial killer by having this game on display.  I am not sure if you can be appreciate the game today in the same manner I did as a youth, but you must play the arcade version if you are giving it a chance.  The NES game sucks my a$$hole.

I appreciate Super Pitfall NES, of course I can appreciate Chiller arcade 

I just have to find it, though
  |    | 

BlueBMW

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 04:14:54 AM »
If it counts.... Links Crossbow Training for Wii was surprisingly fun for a cheapie.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Medic_wheat

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 11:28:38 AM »
If it counts.... Links Crossbow Training for Wii was surprisingly fun for a cheapie.

I Know makes you wisit had a deeper game to it instead of a side thing

bob

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 12:00:55 PM »
The wii should have just been marketed as a light gun machine. Big Buck Hunter is by far the best home conversion on the wii.