Author Topic: Railshooters  (Read 991 times)

xelement5x

Re: Railshooters
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »
Panzer Dragoon Orta sold me on the original Xbox.  At the time it was the best looking console game I'd ever seen.  Between the atmosphere of the game, the huge stack of extras, and the continuation of a series I'd previously enjoyed on the Saturn I would have recommended it to anyone.  I played it a couple of years ago, still fun. 

Anyone with an Xbox 1 play Crimson Dragon?  It's not enough to make me buy the platform on its own but I'd like to play it at some point nevertheless.

Orta was pretty much the system seller for me as well.  I loved that it also included the original PD as well.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

seieienbu

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »
Orta was pretty much the system seller for me as well.  I loved that it also included the original PD as well.

Yeah, there was a huge amount of extra features in the Pandora's Box thing that the game had.  When I picked the game up I hadn't read too much about it in advance and was just expecting the main game alone.  I thought that the side-story of the random rank and file trooper was fantastic and completely unexpected. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SuperGrafx

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 09:08:08 AM »
Orta was indeed a great surprise release for the Xbox. 
It was games like this (and Sega GT, Gunvalkyrie, Shenmue and JSRF) that made the Xbox a spiritual successor to the Dreamcast in my eyes.

Digi.k

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »
crimson dragon is perhaps a more recent one.
Although only available on the xbone marketplace, you can download it for free if you have a gold subscription.

It's an ok game.  I feel it lacks polish of the previous games and I don't like the presentation or menu system and the screen tearing is a little annoying.   There are moments where there is so much happening you can't tell the enemy bullets from the background stuff.  And there are moments in free roam it feels like you have no control over your dragon.. those moments are quite bizarre.

However it does evoke feelings of panzer dragoon games and the music is great too
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:05:41 AM by Digi.k »

Digi.k

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »
Panzer Dragoon Orta sold me on the original Xbox.  At the time it was the best looking console game I'd ever seen.  Between the atmosphere of the game, the huge stack of extras, and the continuation of a series I'd previously enjoyed on the Saturn I would have recommended it to anyone.  I played it a couple of years ago, still fun. 

Anyone with an Xbox 1 play Crimson Dragon?  It's not enough to make me buy the platform on its own but I'd like to play it at some point nevertheless.

yup right here.. image quality is not great but it's an early play and me testing out the game play recording of the xbone.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=FF3EB0489A4CFC07&id=FF3EB0489A4CFC07!322&v=3