Author Topic: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"  (Read 3617 times)

Lochlan

Re: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 06:13:50 AM »
spine card market? what are you talking about?

The PCE memories spine cards look very similar to originals so now it's that much harder to ensure spine cards for the games in that set are authentic.  That's all I meant, I agree that using the phrase "spine card market" was a confusing way to state that.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

ElSeven

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 06:51:49 AM »
looks like it's Godzilla, Dynastic Hero, Bonk 3 and Dungeon Explorer 2.

edit: and the poster looks like this
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:54:42 AM by ElSeven »
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Sadler

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 07:06:53 AM »
Damn, I'm sort of disappointed in that. I guess all around good choices, but I was secretly hoping for Terraforming and a different poster. On the plus side, as best I can tell the inlays look nothing like the original releases so telling them apart should be super easy.

KingDrool

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 07:42:28 AM »
Soooooo much copyright infringement. Jesus...good luck with that Godzilla poster. Not like there's a current major movie franchise or anything.

In related news, I'm investing my kids' college funds in the spine card market. It's a can't miss investment!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

xelement5x

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:29 AM »
Yeah, these are vastly different, very nice.

And I'm still LOLing about the spine card market.  Jesus, I like getting obis as much as the next guy but come on, it's a f*cking piece of paper.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Keith Courage

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »
I am disappointed in the game line up. Who cares about godzilla? What about beyond shadowgate or might and magic 3? the JP version of godzilla can be had for around $20.

BlueBMW

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 08:19:59 AM »
And the JP version plays better...

Beyond Shadowgate seemed like the obvious choice since it was a US exclusive.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ElSeven

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »
I have a feeling he (they?) will be releasing more of these box sets with different titles, so they have to use some filler (godzilla) to space out the good games.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

BlueBMW

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
I suppose that is true...  This is a venture to make lots of profit I guess.  So whatever they can do to max gouge will be done.  Wonder how long until someone takes notice and puts a stop to it...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Lochlan

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »
And I'm still LOLing about the spine card market.  Jesus, I like getting obis as much as the next guy but come on, it's a f*cking piece of paper.

Heh I deserve a ribbing for the phrasing, it came off a bit odd.  But I imagine that if you bought an authentic game with a counterfeit obi you probably wouldn't be too thrilled.  I think the PCE memories made that little bit of misrepresentation more possible.  Perhaps that's paranoid, but seeing Sapphire boots listed as authentic has made me paranoid.  I expect most of you don't really care about the obis one way or the other, I like them a lot because I store my games in plastic sleeves with the obis on the outside of the case.

Anyway this release apparently goes far out of its way to look like a different product, which is good news to me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 09:02:20 AM »
I'm guessing you got your Sapphire boot for super cheap or free...

Nope, I bought it for ~$50 years before he sold off the bulk discs.  Since then I've acquired a Duo-RX that happily plays CDRs, so I won't be paying such prices for any booties.

And I give zero f*cks about your spine card market.  I buy games to play and enjoy; I never plan on selling anyway, so their future value isn't important.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esadajr

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »
...and I give zero f*cks about your spine card market.  I buy games to play and enjoy; I never plan on selling anyway, so their future value isn't important.

Exactly my thoughts, I'm sure a lot of us give a rat's ass if the "spine card market" crashes
Gaming since 1985

seieienbu

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »
Meh, underwhelmed to say the least.  Dynastic Hero is the only game out of the lot that I want/don't have.  I wish that they were cheaper but I like the idea of pressed versions of old games and there's zero chance of an official re-release.  I don't particularly care about the second hand market as I don't intend to sell my games at any point so some guy flooding the market is no skin off my back.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Lochlan

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 11:03:20 AM »
And I give zero f*cks about your spine card market.

God f*cking damnit I used the wrong terminology.  I understand that you think I'm implying that, ALL I MEANT was that it would be shitty if somebody bought a game with a spine card and found out it was fake [just to be super clear I mean it would be shitty NOT because of "lost value" per se but because they expected an authentic pc engine item and received a counterfeit].  I am not talking about reselling anything.  This shit is going to be buried with me.  /rant

I get that giving a shit about game value is like poison to the community values here and I definitely misspoke, but, please, I am only advocating for living in a world where counterfeit games are less of an issue, no more no less.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:15:04 AM by Lochlan »

tggodfrey

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 12:05:59 PM »
now prices can go up becuase you dont complain about paying 120.00 for something that cost this waste of skin 15.00 so you shouldnt complain about the real ones costing your first born which is prolly your neighbors kid!...lol

Bootlegs, cost 15.00 markup 800% equals 120 give or take.

Air Zonk, cost 60.00 mark up 800% equals 480.00
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:15:01 PM by tggodfrey »
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy