Author Topic: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"  (Read 3605 times)

Black Tiger

Re: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2014, 03:13:20 AM »
Seriously where the hell does these people press pirate discs professionally... every place I've searched for making a small project of mine required tons of documentation and proof you own the data on the disc, if it has music in it you had to provide details about the author and the rights transfer document for every single track.

Switzerland
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

clackattack

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »
I hear that moon nazis make a majority of the bootleg discs around on the market today. I would imagine thier moon base has a pretty large production facility, hard to compete with that
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

clackattack

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
But yea, in all seriousness, i told my wife this was the ONLY thing i want for Christmas... now we wait to see how good of a listener she is
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

toymachine78

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »
Could be from Russia too. They bootleg all sorts of media.

Arjak

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2014, 06:34:21 AM »
But yea, in all seriousness, i told my wife this was the ONLY thing i want for Christmas... now we wait to see how good of a listener she is

Heh, I told my mom something similar; that the main things I want for Christmas are this, and the Amazon exclusive version of the Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray box set.

If I get both of those, I'll have a Merry Christmas. :)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Joe Redifer

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2014, 01:45:25 PM »
Aaron should have a cool photo spread and/or review when the new version of the site goes up. I am looking forward to receiving mine as well. Glad they made them harder to pass off as real while still keeping them looking awesome.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2014, 02:55:04 AM »
Seriously where the hell does these people press pirate discs professionally... every place I've searched for making a small project of mine required tons of documentation and proof you own the data on the disc, if it has music in it you had to provide details about the author and the rights transfer document for every single track.

You're overestimating the effort they put into vetting the "proof" you submit, especially for something being done outside its country of origin.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Pcenginefx

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »
Aaron should have a cool photo spread and/or review when the new version of the site goes up. I am looking forward to receiving mine as well. Glad they made them harder to pass off as real while still keeping them looking awesome.

I got mine last week and yes they look awesome.  If you want photos, I'll put them up here instead of on the new site which won't be up till next year.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Jibbajaba

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2014, 07:09:32 AM »
Just submitted payment for this one.  Really looking forward to DEII.

esadajr

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
I'm on the fence about both the collections. I want them, but my money is tied up (smash bros. Wii U) right now
The first one is worth it, the games look almost like the originals, (they put their pceworks in very subtle way). You get to play good games on the original hardware without making the laser work extra.

As per the second collection, I can play Bonk 3 on the everdrive, I'm not interested in DE II or Godzilla and the japanese Dynastic Hero can be had for like 20 bucks.
Gaming since 1985

Lochlan

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 11:07:08 AM »
You get to play good games on the original hardware without making the laser work extra.

You can buy five or six lasers for the cost of this set.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
It's not about preserving my laser assembly, for me.  The prices of Turbo shit have gotten so insane that $150 for this set is a steal, because I get to feel like I have a copy of DEII and Dynastic Hero that isn't on a CD-R festooned with my sharpie pen chicken scratch.  These aren't legit, but they're close enough that I'll never feel like I need to replace them with original copies.  And I'll say again that I don't think $37.50 shipped is too much for a CIB repro game.  Those of you who say they should be like $15 should put your money where your mouth is and make it happen. 

munchiaz

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
I don't see an issue in people buying these to have a nice copy besides having a burned CD-R other hobbyist do stuff like this all the time. Be it a replica car, or model ect. As long as they are not passed off as legit then it's fine.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2014, 04:53:01 PM »

Even the posters are made out of quality materials......they have a laminate on them which make them feel/appear glossy.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2014, 02:43:26 AM »
I'm not interested in DE II or Godzilla

You are dead to me.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles