Author Topic: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"  (Read 3602 times)

esadajr

Re: PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2014, 02:54:37 AM »
I don't see an issue in people buying these to have a nice copy besides having a burned CD-R other hobbyist do stuff like this all the time. Be it a replica car, or model ect. As long as they are not passed off as legit then it's fine.
Like owning a replica Rolex, Rembrandt, phone, etc. The second boxset won't inspire that feeling though.
Gaming since 1985

Duo_R

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Otaking

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:11 AM »
I don't see an issue in people buying these to have a nice copy besides having a burned CD-R other hobbyist do stuff like this all the time. Be it a replica car, or model ect. As long as they are not passed off as legit then it's fine.
Like owning a replica Rolex, Rembrandt, phone, etc. The second boxset won't inspire that feeling though.
I'm not sure about that analogy. Millions of prints of famous pieces of artwork have been sold, i'm sure the people who bought them gain pleasure and appreciate them regardless they're not the multi million dollar originals.
  :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:51:41 AM by HardcoreOtaku »

Bernie

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
Just paid for mine as well.  Looking forward to Beyond Shadowgate and Might and Magic III in the next set.....

Mathius

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »
Just paid for mine as well.  Looking forward to Beyond Shadowgate and Might and Magic III in the next set.....

The music in Beyond Shadowgate reminds me of something from the Amiga, or Sound Blaster based IBM PC. I go on and on about how I got my copy in a trade. I still love and cherish it. Thank you. You know who you are. :wink:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

esadajr

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »
I'm forfeiting my place in line. If anyone is interested in buying this, please PM me your Paypal address and I'll ask our buddy Tobias to invoice you instead.
Gaming since 1985

Flare65

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2014, 04:03:11 AM »
Just got my set in in the mail.  The quality is top notch and well worth the price.

johnnykonami

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2014, 08:50:12 AM »
I would go for this if it were $100 maybe, definitely if less.  My main interest would be Dungeon Explorer II, but I'd rather just wait for a real one one day.  I love Westone / Wonder Boy, but I have a Japanese copy of Dynastic Hero so I'm good there for now.  I just looked at DEII on Ebay for the hell of it, does anyone else get upset when they take the cd out of the box and set it on a table just for a picture?  I know they are only just trying to sell, but I avoid all the auctions that do that.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:10 AM »
... does anyone else get upset when they take the cd out of the box and set it on a table just for a picture?  I know they are only just trying to sell, but I avoid all the auctions that do that.

It doesn't bother me.  Unless the guy is a careless oaf or he has a sandpaper tablecloth, no harm should come to the disc.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »
Here's a video about the set from a guy I know:

KingDrool

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
Cool video. Really well done. Thanks for sharing.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »
Cool video. Really well done. Thanks for sharing.

Ditto. Not Corgan was entertaining.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2014, 02:09:42 AM »

PC-Engine Memories Turbo Duo Edition :: Game Reproduction

He says they restored the two removed tracks (I didn't even know they were missing), but did they do anything to fix the broken scoring?

*edit*  -  Oops, I mean for Godzilla.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:57:41 AM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Trenton_net

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2014, 02:38:00 AM »

PC-Engine Memories Turbo Duo Edition :: Game Reproduction

He says they restored the two removed tracks (I didn't even know they were missing), but did they do anything to fix the broken scoring?

IMHO doubtful. I don't think they have the programming talent to pull that off. Be it inserting the translated bonus stages, or just buffing the players points.

Mathius

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »
I received mine finally today. It's really been great to finally be able to play Dynastic Hero on real hardware, though I really need to get my Duo-R S-Video modded. My other modded consoles have spoiled me.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406