Author Topic: Glossy Duo?  (Read 3730 times)

esteban

Re: Glossy Duo?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 07:35:41 AM »

Wow, i'm glad I came back to this thread and looked. Man, Necro you really do like to just shit in threads huh. Like I said before it was a question as to if they exist from the factory or if some did a job on it. I thought you pros here would have some info but I guess I was mislead about the pros here. Any how I could care less about what anyone thinks, I was just looking to get good info not a rash of shit. Thanks anyway :-) I don't need opinions, just the facts.

As I said before, no DUO has ever left a factory that glossy. Or with that finish.

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 07:43:21 AM »
Wow, i'm glad I came back to this thread and looked. Man, Necro you really do like to just shit in threads huh.

Agreeing with Terry that your duo is obviously painted and that you're 100% wrong claiming it's a legitimate hardware revision is hardly thread crapping.  Don't get mad.  It's not my fault that you're consistently wrong.

Like I said before it was a question as to if they exist from the factory or if some did a job on it. I thought you pros here would have some info but I guess I was mislead about the pros here. Any how I could care less about what anyone thinks, I was just looking to get good info not a rash of shit. Thanks anyway :-) I don't need opinions, just the facts.

You have your answers, you're just mad that they don't fit your expectations.  Here's what can be gleaned from this thread:

Fact 1 - That duo was painted after the fact, and it's not hard to do.
Fact 2 - There was only one version of TurboDuo sold.
Fact 3 - Unless you have an official press release, magazine advert, etc. that specifically mentions a glossy Duo, then your hearsay is no more valid than what everyone else here believes to be true.
Fact 4 - You've decided that it's a legitimate hardware revision, and there's nothing we can say to change your mind.  It's impossible for anyone to provide you with your requested "facts", because no such thing exists.  What do you think, that Hudson sent out letters saying "we didn't make a glossy duo!"?
Fact 5 - Either you or your supposed source is full of shit.
Fact 6 - You're mad because nobody here (except madboom) laps up your bull.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Ninja16608

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 08:12:53 AM »
Wow, i'm glad I came back to this thread and looked. Man, Necro you really do like to just shit in threads huh.

Agreeing with Terry that your duo is obviously painted and that you're 100% wrong claiming it's a legitimate hardware revision is hardly thread crapping.  Don't get mad.  It's not my fault that you're consistently wrong.

Like I said before it was a question as to if they exist from the factory or if some did a job on it. I thought you pros here would have some info but I guess I was mislead about the pros here. Any how I could care less about what anyone thinks, I was just looking to get good info not a rash of shit. Thanks anyway :-) I don't need opinions, just the facts.

You have your answers, you're just mad that they don't fit your expectations.  Here's what can be gleaned from this thread:

Fact 1 - That duo was painted after the fact, and it's not hard to do.
Fact 2 - There was only one version of TurboDuo sold.
Fact 3 - Unless you have an official press release, magazine advert, etc. that specifically mentions a glossy Duo, then your hearsay is no more valid than what everyone else here believes to be true.
Fact 4 - You've decided that it's a legitimate hardware revision, and there's nothing we can say to change your mind.  It's impossible for anyone to provide you with your requested "facts", because no such thing exists.  What do you think, that Hudson sent out letters saying "we didn't make a glossy duo!"?
Fact 5 - Either you or your supposed source is full of shit.
Fact 6 - You're mad because nobody here (except madboom) laps up your bull.

Necro your a joke man, first off there is more than one duo, you must have forgotten about R's RX etc.. , second, I never said it was legit I was looking to confirm if it was or not. Third I don't give or take any bull, fourth, I'm not mad about anything other than the fact that you sir, really are a total douche, Fifth, I could care less about yours or anyone else opinion about me or others on this forum.

If all you have to do is be on here and post all the time (half the time hidden,chickenshit) then you need to rethink your life. I could care less about who you sucked off to get to mod status and quite frankly don't give two duck turds about who you think you are or what you have to say. It's pretty clear you have no real knowledge of your own and just follow the ones that do. Do us all a favor and get yourself informed, maybe a little education?? Just please come down off your high and mightier thou ego trip because let me be the first to tell you, it's a hard fall when your knocked off it. Trust me on this, I used to be just like you, then I grew up. I don't claim to know shit about shit unless I do! and I certainly don't go pissing on other peoples cornflakes. Respect is earned, not granted and I know a lot of people on here who simply can't stand you, maybe not as a person but surely as a poster, most won't admit it due to your new found status and fear of being booted but I don't care one bit and it would only solidify it to be a fact that you are indeed a piece of work.

Have a nice day and keep on riding ;-)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 08:56:41 AM »
Necro your a joke man, first off there is more than one duo, you must have forgotten about R's RX etc..

Read more closely, buddy.  I clearly said one TurboDuo

second, I never said it was legit I was looking to confirm if it was or not.

Yet you continue to argue that everyone else is mistaken - they're just opinions, no pros here to give you good information, etc.

If all you have to do is be on here and post all the time (half the time hidden,chickenshit) then you need to rethink your life. I could care less about who you sucked off to get to mod status and quite frankly don't give two duck turds about who you think you are or what you have to say. It's pretty clear you have no real knowledge of your own and just follow the ones that do. Do us all a favor and get yourself informed, maybe a little education?? Just please come down off your high and mightier thou ego trip because let me be the first to tell you, it's a hard fall when your knocked off it. Trust me on this, I used to be just like you, then I grew up. I don't claim to know shit about shit unless I do! and I certainly don't go pissing on other peoples cornflakes. Respect is earned, not granted and I know a lot of people on here who simply can't stand you, maybe not as a person but surely as a poster, most won't admit it due to your new found status and fear of being booted but I don't care one bit and it would only solidify it to be a fact that you are indeed a piece of work.

Have a nice day and keep on riding ;-)

For someone that doesn't care, you sure put together a nice little rant.  There's only a couple things worth responding: as a mod, I believe it's impossible for me to be 'hidden'; you seem to be mistaken about how/why I was made a mod; and I may not be the most knowledgeable person here, but at least I knew this thing wasn't a real hardware revision.

Good day, mr. crankypants.

<< added in edit >>

I was mistaken; the option for not showing your online status still exists.  I went into hiding back in 2007 and never switched it back, but does it matter?  I stand behind all my posts, no matter who is watching.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:05:47 AM by Necromancer »

toymachine78

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
Looks like someone rubbed it down with auto headlight restorer, or Nullity got to it with his astro glide. Does it reek of man spunk and rum?

Ninja16608

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »
Again I never said it was original.

Again you messed up in saying one duo.... read carefully "Fact 2 - There was only one version of TurboDuo sold." that would be wrong.

anyhow my pants are crankin and I was referring to you as "pro", I know who the pros are here, have spoken to a few of them and they are very professional. Now I can take a joke just as good as the next guy and as I said I have nothing personal with you, hell I don't know on that level to make a call on it, but as a poster and forum member you have been a f*ck tard since I came here, and myself and others would not have hung around had it not been for other cooler members who say "pay no mind to the pole smoking fashion victim". Not everyone has the same knowledge on stuff and that's the reason many are here, to learn. For instance you know how to piss people off better than anyone else here, and most time I sit back and laugh about it but when you put words in my mouth and say things I said out of context it tents to piss me off but I'm not the one to lash out and make threats (that's an extra charge or your record) but I will stand up for what I believe to be right. Most of us come here to maybe make a friend or two and have some good times, but there is always a few in the bunch that ruin it for the real people who like to be here and learn more about what they are playing and how their systems work. So rather than just jumping on people before you have the whole story take a minute to find out whats going first. As for how or why you have mod status I wouldn't give a squirt of piss to know, any ass monkey can develop a website and drop a forum in and make anyone a mod/admin, what have you, it's what you do with it that counts.

esteban

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »

Again I never said it was original.

Again you messed up in saying one duo.... read carefully "Fact 2 - There was only one version of TurboDuo sold." that would be wrong.

anyhow my pants are crankin and I was referring to you as "pro", I know who the pros are here, have spoken to a few of them and they are very professional. Now I can take a joke just as good as the next guy and as I said I have nothing personal with you, hell I don't know on that level to make a call on it, but as a poster and forum member you have been a f*ck tard since I came here, and myself and others would not have hung around had it not been for other cooler members who say "pay no mind to the pole smoking fashion victim". Not everyone has the same knowledge on stuff and that's the reason many are here, to learn. For instance you know how to piss people off better than anyone else here, and most time I sit back and laugh about it but when you put words in my mouth and say things I said out of context it tents to piss me off but I'm not the one to lash out and make threats (that's an extra charge or your record) but I will stand up for what I believe to be right. Most of us come here to maybe make a friend or two and have some good times, but there is always a few in the bunch that ruin it for the real people who like to be here and learn more about what they are playing and how their systems work. So rather than just jumping on people before you have the whole story take a minute to find out whats going first. As for how or why you have mod status I wouldn't give a squirt of piss to know, any ass monkey can develop a website and drop a forum in and make anyone a mod/admin, what have you, it's what you do with it that counts.

THERE WAS ONLY ONE VERSION OF THE TURBODUO. EVER. FACT.

Please understand that we do know a little bit about the TurboDuo. You know, the console released in NORTH AMERICA.

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 09:41:23 AM »

There is but one model of TurboDuo that I know of; there are no revisions, glossy or otherwise.  Prove me wrong.

Yes, there are three PCE duos as well, but I obviously wasn't referring to duos in general.  I specifically called out one particular model for a reason.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 09:57:24 AM »
What the hell is wrong with this website that it constantly attracts a never ending stream of these a$$holes?

FWIW, I think. A glossy Duo could look fantastic. It would have to be competently done and photographed well, neither seems to be there case here. I assume the terrible photos are made to disguise the terrible work.

My Duo R is starting to yellow, as is my Dreamcast, so sooner or later I'll be painting them. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 10:03:24 AM »
FWIW, I think. A glossy Duo could look fantastic.

Something like the glossy PS3s?  That would look pretty nice, and would've fit in nicely with the Pioneer Elite projection tvs back in the day.

NightWolve

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »
A glossy Duo could look fantastic. It would have to be competently done and photographed well, neither seems to be the case here.
I assume the terrible photos are made to disguise the terrible work.

:lol: :lol: - That had me chuckling for a while!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 10:10:55 AM »
if you need hairdryer testing help, Bernie specializes in that.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »
Another one? 

It seems so.  What's the manual for?  It's the wrong style for later stuff, and does it say NFC?!?