Author Topic: Glossy Duo?  (Read 3724 times)

tggodfrey

Re: Glossy Duo?
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
I too know someone who worked for Nec in Wooddale......he says your wrong.  This was cleared by a third party after it left NEC factory.  The Serial number is probably cleared under the paint or missing.  If for some foggy idea it is on top the paint I have no doubt you will find spray adhesive on the label.

I have seen a UFo actually.....it sold me a cleared duo and a Rare cleared MC for 10.00.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:41:11 PM by tggodfrey »
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Ninja16608

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
Serial is there, no sign of glue, would I have to lift the serial label off to see the glue? I mean spray glue seems to be pretty messy no?

tggodfrey

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »
not messy at all.  But you can tell spray glue from self adhesive backed labels.
Games currently in play:

Ninja16608

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Well how??? this would end the debate totally.

SephirothTNH

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »
The story I just heard on it comes from a pretty reputable source who told me that there was a glossy duo made for EB as a promo give away and the idea was scrapped. He happened to be in the NEC office the day they came back and was given them. He in turn gave them to some friends. As far as he knows there was 20 of them (that he got a hold of) there could be more out there. Also there was 10 more games slated to be released and never saw the light of day but there was fliers and such made up for the games. This source just happened to be a publisher who wishes me not to name him due to the child like behavior on this board and he wants no part of it. now I know the first thing out of everyone's mouth will be "oh he don't exist" or "why won't he speak up" the answer is simple she wants no part of the debate, he knows they are real and I can believe him as I have no reason not to, and yes he does know about this board and I'm sure he is a member here, but I can't blame him for not wanting to speak up. Should he want to he is more than welcome to confirm or deny what I just said.

Wow the Bull Shit smell was stinking it up from a couple of threads over.  I don't know if this thing is real or not but a story like that is meaningless without corroboration.  Even if true it would have been better to keep it to yourself until the person in question was ready to come forward. 

Riders gonna ride.
Do you really expect adults to take you seriously when you use little one liners like that, and complain that everyone has penis envy.  I really hope you're posting from a cell phone or English isn't your primary language.  I'm not one to critique grammar points but do you really expect other adults to take you seriously with all the spelling mistakes and the constant misuse of the contraction "don't"?

Ninja16608

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »
The story I just heard on it comes from a pretty reputable source who told me that there was a glossy duo made for EB as a promo give away and the idea was scrapped. He happened to be in the NEC office the day they came back and was given them. He in turn gave them to some friends. As far as he knows there was 20 of them (that he got a hold of) there could be more out there. Also there was 10 more games slated to be released and never saw the light of day but there was fliers and such made up for the games. This source just happened to be a publisher who wishes me not to name him due to the child like behavior on this board and he wants no part of it. now I know the first thing out of everyone's mouth will be "oh he don't exist" or "why won't he speak up" the answer is simple she wants no part of the debate, he knows they are real and I can believe him as I have no reason not to, and yes he does know about this board and I'm sure he is a member here, but I can't blame him for not wanting to speak up. Should he want to he is more than welcome to confirm or deny what I just said.

Wow the Bull Shit smell was stinking it up from a couple of threads over.  I don't know if this thing is real or not but a story like that is meaningless without corroboration.  Even if true it would have been better to keep it to yourself until the person in question was ready to come forward. 

Riders gonna ride.
Do you really expect adults to take you seriously when you use little one liners like that, and complain that everyone has penis envy.  I really hope you're posting from a cell phone or English isn't your primary language.  I'm not one to critique grammar points but do you really expect other adults to take you seriously with all the spelling mistakes and the constant misuse of the contraction "don't"?

And you are??? this not a spelling bee. go piss in your hat. hows that for a one liner.

NightWolve

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »
Riders gonna riiiiiide. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. Gamers gonna game. Players gonna play. Pirates gonna pirate.  :lol:

Sorry for the interruption, gentlemen, you can continue with the mystery of the turbo-glazed duo... I was just thinking out loud, is all. :P

SephirothTNH

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »
And you are??? this not a spelling bee. go piss in your hat. hows that for a one liner.
An objective third party.  Nicely written though Ninja.  So no then? You don't expect an adult to take you seriously? 

It was nice to meet you Ninja.

Dicer

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »
I'm about to drop a batch on my Duo-R after reading this mess, should I take pics?

tggodfrey

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2015, 03:10:33 PM »
Self adhesive is much thinner.  Peel a label of an old case and see.  Spray on is thicker.  It wont end the debate at all.  I am sure that label can be duplicated with enough effort; however it is a tear away label meaning it has razor blade slits in it to make it harder to remove. 

Now the NEC labels may be a better indication.  Those are what look like the silver backed labels that could be peeled with a razor blade.  The center label would be hard because it sits in the recess.  Some mitsubishi underhood labels are the same material and they can be carefully removed but if you pull them by hand they damage the finish to indicate they were removed.

The one thing that gives this away is the fact the CD tray is not clear.  The factory isnt going to take time to mask off areas ect.  They will take a fresh case, spray and move it down the assy line. 
Games currently in play:

Bonknuts

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »

That's some muthaf*cking twilight Duo bullshit...

Ninja16608

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2015, 03:21:14 PM »
Self adhesive is much thinner.  Peel a label of an old case and see.  Spray on is thicker.  It wont end the debate at all.  I am sure that label can be duplicated with enough effort; however it is a tear away label meaning it has razor blade slits in it to make it harder to remove. 

Now the NEC labels may be a better indication.  Those are what look like the silver backed labels that could be peeled with a razor blade.  The center label would be hard because it sits in the recess.  Some mitsubishi underhood labels are the same material and they can be carefully removed but if you pull them by hand they damage the finish to indicate they were removed.

The one thing that gives this away is the fact the CD tray is not clear.  The factory isnt going to take time to mask off areas ect.  They will take a fresh case, spray and move it down the assy line. 

Would the slit be in an X fashion in the center of the label?

NightWolve

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
http://pcedev.net/drac-x/twilight_duo.png
That's some muthaf*cking twilight Duo bullshit...

Hey, that was good photochop work. This is by far the best thread on PCEFX at present... I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing, but we must derive entertainment from where we can! ;)

Ninja16608

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2015, 03:29:07 PM »
That was good work, made me lol.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:34 PM »
That was good work, made me lol.

Well at least your bullshit story got a few good laughs. Good job.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!