Author Topic: Glossy Duo?  (Read 3720 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Glossy Duo?
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2015, 06:12:19 PM »
Is this rare? I just got it in a trade from someone who says it was a promotional Babbage's only Turbo. They seemed really reputable because when I asked if it was really real, they said "Yeap."

That's my story and I'm stickin'* to it.

*hehe

jtucci31

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »
This thread is great. I hope it continues. :lol: :lol:

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

wildfruit

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2015, 08:13:50 PM »
Pff this duo just got drunk and fell into a glaze vat at Krispy Kreme. End. Fact.

Ninja16608

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2015, 02:03:18 AM »
Like I keep telling you clowns, it's not my story. I am simply repeating what was told to me. You guys fully fall under mob mentality, hahaha guess this would make me much smarter than most here since you all have nothing to back your story, nor do I, but you clowns huh you clowns are really in a league all your own :-) Stupidity runs deep here because even the title of the thread suggest a question or did we loose sight of that too...let me see ...yup sure did when one fool turns the key on the band wagon every one jumps on. I was not the one who fired the first shot here unless trying to find the truth of the matter is an attack? O digging deeper and finding something that no one would believe anyhow. You may have had friends that worked there but NEC is a pretty large company and no one person other then the CEO or his guys might know whats going on in all aspects of the company. Once the flood gates open I guess ignorance flows free here. Sad sad day in the turbo collectors world.  :|

bob

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »
thank god the forum is back.  even for a brief period.  will go back to snooze fest soon, im sure.

cjameslv

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2015, 02:40:18 AM »
... you all have nothing to back your story, nor do I,...

This is your story. Your a f*ckin bard until proven otherwise. Now keep singing sweet cheeks.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2015, 02:57:32 AM »
While cool, I don't think that is the case. I have heard of a run of duos that were glossy and very limited. I think I have one,,,can't be 100% but pretty damn sure.

Uh huh. And I bet you have a letter of authenticity from Hudson to back that up too I'm sure. What are you trying to be, Fudoh 2.0? No one here is falling for this shit. This was not released like that ever. You either got it gloss coated, or waxed the plastic with car wax, which I have done to Sega Genesis systems for the same effect.

Bonknuts

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2015, 03:04:52 AM »
Like I keep telling you clowns, it's not my story. I am simply repeating what was told to me. You guys fully fall under mob mentality, hahaha guess this would make me much smarter than most here since you all have nothing to back your story, nor do I, but you clowns huh you clowns are really in a league all your own :-) Stupidity runs deep here because even the title of the thread suggest a question or did we loose sight of that too...let me see ...yup sure did when one fool turns the key on the band wagon every one jumps on. I was not the one who fired the first shot here unless trying to find the truth of the matter is an attack? O digging deeper and finding something that no one would believe anyhow. You may have had friends that worked there but NEC is a pretty large company and no one person other then the CEO or his guys might know whats going on in all aspects of the company. Once the flood gates open I guess ignorance flows free here. Sad sad day in the turbo collectors world.  :|

You want a serious answer? Ok.

1) People try to pass off fakes and unique rare items ALL the time; it's not exclusive to retro gaming.
 2) There is a LOT of collective knowledge here at PCFX, and so if something isn't a known fact or even known rumor - then that's pretty rare. Not that it can't happen, but it is rare.
 3) So you have two things working against you: you have no credibility to this claim of yours,  nor have you taken an objective and highly detailed review of your Duo 'special case'. You seem to be content with simply looking at it.
 4) You come back with an attempt to add credibility by paraphrasing an anonymous employee who refuses to come forward. How can you not see that has the complete opposite effect of credibility? Not only that, but the coincidence of you just happening to find this employee after you were challenged on the credibility of some rumor that no one heard of. That's pretty suspect right there.
 5) The retro gaming community has many examples of people simply trying to trick the general retro gaming public - for amusement.

So there you go. Assuming you're innocent in all of this, then you're ignorant of why people would be skeptical. But it doesn't feel like that at all. You presented a fact disguised as question, and then proceeded to defended it, even coming back with a highly questionable source, who can't be confirmed, to qualify some rumor no one has heard before and your claim. And you wonder why the forum has reacted the way it has? And you even shift the blame to a forum mob mentality. Anyone with reasonable intelligence would understand this, regardless of what side you fall on (being the burden of proof, or being the audience to be persuaded).

I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is on you. Until then, this wreaks of a scam or joke. And with that, we take it as an insult that you think we're stupid enough to believe what you've presented. Thanks for that..  :roll:

Not only have you failed to persuade the forum members, but the result is now your own general credibility has taken a hit. Congratulations.  :clap:

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:58 AM »
Oh yeah, something the OP overlooked but I thought I'd toss in here just to put the nail in the coffin. OP seems to forget that many of us old timers were long term TZD customers who often had lengthy discussions with the guys who ran TZD. If this thing had been produced at any type of level they would have had one, or a few even, and had mentioned it at one point in any of their given conversations to customers or to Nanto, and it would have been sold before their sellout to Red Frog, or sold by Red Frog upon acquisition of all the remainder of the TZD stock.

bob

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2015, 03:24:54 AM »
null, those look rare.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2015, 03:28:02 AM »
The best part about this supposed proof is that it corroborates what we've been saying all along: it's been painted after the fact.  Whether it was painted by some guy in TTi's marketing department (and it would've had to have been TTi and not NEC, genius) or it was painted by madboom doesn't matter; either way, it's just a paint job, not a factory hardware revision.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2015, 03:31:35 AM »
Honestly?

I looks like it got sprayed with a layer of clear coat or something.

Well.......so long as it plays TG games it gets a shiny pass.

Ninja16608

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2015, 04:24:00 AM »
Hey nully, you have spare set I could get from ya? In either case like I said, I knew nothing of it at the start. I have had people tell me its was done after the fact (which I tended to believe until another told me it was a promo give away thing that never came to light) and it was made clear that he worked as a publisher and was in the office when they came back and they were offered to him. So I wanted to dig deeper. I like most of you I did not work for NEC/TTI or any other entity so we really have no clue. Unless the one who did the job or the person who gave the info comes out and says otherwise I guess the world will never know.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2015, 04:50:58 AM »
I like most of you I did not work for NEC/TTI or any other entity so we really have no clue.

Thats where you are wrong. Like I said, many of us old timers here including Nanto, who owns this website, have had conversations with Nec/TTi employees at one point in our lives, either verbally over the phone, by stopping into TZD in California, or via email correspondence. This thing is clearly bullshit. Some guy just took a system apart and waxed or clear coated the shell to give it a gloss and stuck it back together. People have been doing this to game systems for the past few years now There is nothing further to discuss on the matter. As for this guy who told you its real, drop some legit name already and quit quoting some mysterious resource, or gtfo. It just makes you look more fake then ever. And also, the Duo looks ugly as f*ck all. Mirror finishes do not always = better.