Author Topic: Kickstarter Idea  (Read 575 times)

esadajr

Re: Kickstarter Idea
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:22 AM »
I'm more inclined towards a TG16 clear plastic case with a bunch of neon lights and leds. Then, if the idea catches on, move on to the "other" systems.
Gaming since 1985

xelement5x

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »
I think you'd get more traction making custom Neptune cases or something.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 01:56:50 AM »
I'm more inclined towards a TG16 clear plastic case with a bunch of neon lights and leds. Then, if the idea catches on, move on to the "other" systems.

That is something an injection mold could accomplish.

Grant d the PC Engine is so tiney the cost of it would be fairly reasonable.

BlueBMW

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 03:48:01 AM »
I have worked in injection mold manufacturing.  I can say its typically not cheap.  A mold for say a TG16 shell, just the top and bottom halves would probably end up being at least $20,000 on the cheap side.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xelement5x

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
I have worked in injection mold manufacturing.  I can say its typically not cheap.  A mold for say a TG16 shell, just the top and bottom halves would probably end up being at least $20,000 on the cheap side.

I've always wondered where the cost for that breaks down to.  Like, is the majority of it creating the 3D object, or like the operator machining to make the mold itself?  Or something completely different?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »
wooden NES isn't going to work either that other guy tried it
But I love splinters

LOL, just that somebody actually tried this...