Author Topic: Best US huey (round 2.5)  (Read 888 times)

slinkyturd

Best US huey (round 2.5)
« on: November 27, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
I eliminated the ones that couldn't reach double digits and realize my error of giving you folks too many votes so I've halved that.
70/95 US Turbochips

roflmao

Re: Best US huey (round 2.5)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »
This makes it tricker. :) Going forward this will be really hard.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
Had a hard time picking between Cadash and Legendary Axe as my 5th choice. Went with Axe...but only because its an original game created for the PCE/Turbo and not a port. Not that I'm taking anything away from Cadash for being a port, I love that game, just, ah, well, you know what I'm saying. Probably.

Koa Zo

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »
I had to pick Galaga '90.
There's a pleasantness to playing that game which lends itself to increasing the fun. It ca nget challenging going for high scores but it never gets frustrating nor boring. Reliable fun to return to any time and pick up and play accessibility make Galaga '88 an all time great.

esteban

Best US huey (round 2.5)
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
I had to pick Galaga '90.
There's a pleasantness to playing that game which lends itself to increasing the fun. It ca nget challenging going for high scores but it never gets frustrating nor boring. Reliable fun to return to any time and pick up and play accessibility make Galaga '88 an all time great.

Indeed.

It is such a charming game. Therapeutic, even. As you seemed to suggest.

Had a hard time picking between Cadash and Legendary Axe as my 5th choice. Went with Axe...but only because its an original game created for the PCE/Turbo and not a port. Not that I'm taking anything away from Cadash for being a port, I love that game, just, ah, well, you know what I'm saying. Probably.

I'd vote for Axe over Cadash, too.

Of course, I don't actually vote.

But if I did...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:47:44 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Desh

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 01:11:25 AM »
Much harder vote this time around.  I know I'll get flamed but I didn't vote for any shooters.  I know this is the "shooter" console but there are so many awesome non-shoot em ups that I prefer to play.

slinkyturd

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 02:32:48 AM »
I couldn't justify it...yet. I stuck to my usual cut off at double digits, mostly because legendary axe II only had 10 votes and it's drastically better than the overrated and over voted first one. Couldn't get rid of the that to get rid of "dragon's crap." Regardless both will probably be gone next round anyway.
70/95 US Turbochips

KingDrool

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:46 AM »
God damn...this is a tough one. It's like you're asking me to pick my favorite child!

(Screw you guys: Dragon's Curse is awesome).

(I didn't vote for it, though).
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

fragmare

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:48:08 AM »
...mostly because legendary axe II only had 10 votes and it's drastically better than the overrated and over voted first one

Somebody is drunk.

johnnykonami

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 06:25:22 AM »
I love Cadash, Splatterhouse, and Dragon's Curse but I cut out anything that wasn't console exclusive.  Blazing Lazers, Bonk's Revenge, Parasol Stars, Military Madness, and Air Zonk.

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:04 AM »
I love Cadash, Splatterhouse, and Dragon's Curse but I cut out anything that wasn't console exclusive.  Blazing Lazers, Bonk's Revenge, Parasol Stars, Military Madness, and Air Zonk.

Parasol Stars isn't exclusive.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

johnnykonami

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »

I assume you're referring to the B&W gameboy port.  Might as well be exclusive, much as I love the GB, plus the PCE is the console of origin for the game.  That's exclusive enough for me.  Maybe "native" would have been a better word to use?

Damon Plus

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »

I assume you're referring to the B&W gameboy port.  Might as well be exclusive, much as I love the GB, plus the PCE is the console of origin for the game.  That's exclusive enough for me.  Maybe "native" would have been a better word to use?

There was also a Pal release for the Nes. Probably more releases in computers and such.

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »
Parasol Stars is also in color on NES, (as is FC Genjin and Famicom Wars), but the PCE version was released first.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

HailingTheThings

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 04:05:39 PM »

I'd vote for Axe over Cadash, too.

Of course, I don't actually vote.

But if I did...

Hehe, you're fun.