Author Topic: Best US huey (round 2.5)  (Read 878 times)

slinkyturd

Re: Best US huey (round 2.5)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 05:03:51 PM »
...mostly because legendary axe II only had 10 votes and it's drastically better than the overrated and over voted first one

Somebody is drunk.

Negative. I've never had alcohol. That is cold sobriety speaking the truth.
70/95 US Turbochips

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »
just put my vote in. was really hard to narrow it down!!!! but definitely had to choose blazing lazers and ninja spirit as 2 of my choices. how could you not?

fragmare

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
I'll say it again...

OBEY
THE
f*ckING
NINJA

jordan_hillman

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
My original top 5 was Blazing Lazers, Air Zonk, Bonk's Revenge, Dungeon Explorer, and Neutopia II.

But after much thought (mostly playing and very little thinking actually), I discovered that I play Blazing Lazers, Air Zonk, Military Madness, Devil's Crush, and Neutopia II the most nowadays so I'm giving them my votes.

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

dallaspattern

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
Dragon's Curse rules!

spenoza

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
I am a bit surprised Dungeon Explorer is being so overlooked. We often hold that up as one of our best. But then, I also love Dragon's Curse and think  it is awesome fun to play, so there is that.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Black Tiger

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »
I am a bit surprised Dungeon Explorer is being so overlooked. We often hold that up as one of our best. But then, I also love Dragon's Curse and think  it is awesome fun to play, so there is that.

Dungeon Explorer is the best.

But if these polls are anything like Damon Plus', then people who haven't played everything are skewing the results.

Here's how it turned out a year and a half ago:

1-Bonk's Revenge (127)
2-Air Zonk (91)
3-Blazing Lazers (84)
4-Ninja Spirit (78)
5-Bomberman 93 (75)
6-Bonk's Adventure (74)
7-Neutopia (73)
8-Splatterhouse (68)
9-Devil's Crush (65)
10-Military Madness (52)
10-Dungeon Explorer (52)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

jordan_hillman

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 01:14:58 PM »

5-player Dungeon Explorer is hands down one of my favorite multiplayer experiences for any system of any generation.

But If I don't have a buddy or four to play with I can't quite rank it in my top 5. But it's still a damn good game, and it's a regular in my lineup.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

esteban

Best US huey (round 2.5)
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 04:14:51 PM »

5-player Dungeon Explorer is hands down one of my favorite multiplayer experiences for any system of any generation.

But If I don't have a buddy or four to play with I can't quite rank it in my top 5. But it's still a damn good game, and it's a regular in my lineup.

Especially when Viking Princess or Robot joins the party. GAUNTLET NEVER HAD A ROBOT THAT SHOOTS LAZERS AS AN UNLOCKABLE CHARACTER.

Granted, I haven't been able to have 5-player game of Dungeon Explorer in many, many years. But even 2-player is friggin' fun!
  |    | 

greedostick

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
Dragons Curse is the best English Huey in my opinion. My picks were Dragons Curse, Legendary Axe, Bonk's Revenge, Cadash, and Blazing Lazers for a little variety.

I am surprised Ninja Spirit is on top. Great game though. Pretty much all those games rock out.

Damon Plus

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »

Dungeon Explorer is the best.

But if these polls are anything like Damon Plus', then people who haven't played everything are skewing the results.

Here's how it turned out a year and a half ago:

1-Bonk's Revenge (127)
2-Air Zonk (91)
3-Blazing Lazers (84)
4-Ninja Spirit (78)
5-Bomberman 93 (75)
6-Bonk's Adventure (74)
7-Neutopia (73)
8-Splatterhouse (68)
9-Devil's Crush (65)
10-Military Madness (52)
10-Dungeon Explorer (52)

I  had been thinking of bringing it up for some days now... Most games of the top 10 are the ones who have the most votes in this poll, except for Dungeon Explorer and Bomberman 93. Can't speak for Bomberman, but, even though I really like Dungeon Explorer, and it could enter a Top 10 of mine, it would never even touch a Top 5. Is it a better game than Air Zonk? No. Better than Blazing Lazers? I like DE better, but sincerely, it isn't. Better than Bonk's Revenge? Not at all.

That is my humble opinion.

Ayce

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 12:58:34 AM »
God damn...this is a tough one. It's like you're asking me to pick my favorite child!

(Screw you guys: Dragon's Curse is awesome).

(I didn't vote for it, though).
I second that. I love Dragon's Curse as it has been one of those games that I have been playing since I was in grade school. Not only is it a fun game, but it's far better than many of the other games on the list.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 01:50:00 AM »
Especially when Viking Princess or Robot joins the party. GAUNTLET NEVER HAD A ROBOT THAT SHOOTS LAZERS AS AN UNLOCKABLE CHARACTER.

To be fair, there's no robots in Dungeon Explorer either.

"Herr-derp!  Dragon's Curse is the worstest game evah!!1!  I are so funny!!!!"

Please go f*ck yourself.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

johnnykonami

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 06:44:31 AM »
I can't believe the divide on Dragon's Curse we got going on here!  I always thought it was a pretty solid game even if you didn't love the style (which I personally do).

As for Dungeon Explorer, I'm a fan (especially music-wise) but I can't herald it as the best game for the Turbo.  You have to admit it's a little generic looking.  (and I say this from a place of love!)  Air Zonk, Lords of Thunder, Bonk's Revenge, etc.. Are the games you wanna show the naysayers to impress.

Black Tiger

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 07:34:04 AM »
I can't believe the divide on Dragon's Curse we got going on here!  I always thought it was a pretty solid game even if you didn't love the style (which I personally do).

As for Dungeon Explorer, I'm a fan (especially music-wise) but I can't herald it as the best game for the Turbo.  You have to admit it's a little generic looking.  (and I say this from a place of love!)  Air Zonk, Lords of Thunder, Bonk's Revenge, etc.. Are the games you wanna show the naysayers to impress.

One of the things I love about DE and which converted me from being a Genesis fanboy was how unique the aesthetics are. The variety of settings and memorable bosses and polished pixel art. Every combination of number of players is a unique experience, let alone the many different classes you can play as and how they compliment each other.

Zonk seems to be pretty overrated by newer members and although Bonk' Revenge is a good game, I don't think that
showing it to someone is going to be more impressive than many other Turbochip games, especially so-called naysayers. Lords is strictly SCD as far as I know.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum