Author Topic: Hang over, who's with me?  (Read 1581 times)

cjameslv

Re: Hang over, who's with me?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
You just need to stay in practice. I'm 35 and find that daily drinking makes hangover a natural state, which in essence means you're never hungover. :D

Well said, it is also the order of the drinks you drink.. For me a few beers before a bottle of wine.. I am Le fine.
Beer after wine and the next morning is not so kind.

(I see we have a wordsmith)
Wine is for pussies... Shots and beer..keeps you not queer,
Beer and shots give girls the hots.

Sparky

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 04:37:35 PM »
You just need to stay in practice. I'm 35 and find that daily drinking makes hangover a natural state, which in essence means you're never hungover. :D

Well said, it is also the order of the drinks you drink.. For me a few beers before a bottle of wine.. I am Le fine.
Beer after wine and the next morning is not so kind.

(I see we have a wordsmith)
Wine is for pussies... Shots and beer..keeps you not queer,
Beer and shots give girls the hots.

Hahaha.. As your sleeping in, your girl and I will sin :P

esteban

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

As folks have already said, staying hydrated is the key.
   For preventing the hangover in the first place I agree. I thought we were discussing coping with the hangover after the fact.

Once you have a hangover, take 2 aspirin and sip gin through a straw.
  |    | 

420GOAT

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 03:30:04 AM »
f*ck you guys, i stopped drinking in July.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

BlueBMW

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 04:34:08 AM »
Would you guys believe it if I told you Ive never been drunk (and subsequently hung over) ?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sadler

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 04:51:07 AM »
Would you guys believe it if I told you Ive never been drunk (and subsequently hung over) ?

Speaking as someone who posts 98% of the time drunk here, you aren't missing much. :D I like to think if it weren't for beer, I'd probably emperor of some nation. 

BlueBMW

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 05:07:31 AM »
I've tried a ton of different types of drinks but I cant find anything I like at all lol.  There are a few wines that were tolerable, and maybe a few ciders but beyond that bleh...  I know, I know... the first drink is always the worst but they get "better" after that.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

toymachine78

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 05:09:54 AM »
I've tried a ton of different types of drinks but I cant find anything I like at all lol.  There are a few wines that were tolerable, and maybe a few ciders but beyond that bleh...  I know, I know... the first drink is always the worst but they get "better" after that.
You are better off without it, wealthier too lok

esteban

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 08:12:23 AM »

Crazy. Crazy.

When we hang out, at some point, you will get drunk.

|    | 

xelement5x

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 09:40:59 AM »
All good advice.  Excessive drinking can lead to less money, excessive baldness, fear of post offices, and forum/fanart crossovers with cameltoe. 

I don't mind a nice drink now and then but it depends on the mood, I don't drink beer personally because of issues with carbonation.  If you like sweeter stuff something like a Port might be your style Beemer.   
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

cjameslv

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
LOL i find shots and beer go whatever together in no particular order.

toymachine78

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
LOL i find shots and beer go whatever together in no particular order.
  Yeah I find that alcohol is alcohol. Its not the type or order that gets me. Just the overall amount.

ifkz

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »
...My usual practice is 2 McDoubles and 2 small fries 2 hours before I start drinking.  Then a bottle of water and 2 Excedrins if I remember before passing out.  The next morning a big greasy steak bagel from McDonalds and a large Coke along with 2 Excedrins...

I haven't been drinking in a long time, but next time I do, I want to try this.  What kind of Excedrin:  AM, PM?  Will generics work?

Actually, all this post has done so far is make me hungry.

Ouzo turned out to be my drink of choice, the only thing I could drink straight, also good on the rocks.

I liked rum for the longest time (Sailor Jerry was my brand) but I guess I outgrew it.

Come to think of it, after I stopped hanging out with that group of people I haven't touched alcohol.  Looking around I have full bottles of vodka, absente, vermouth, and Kahlua.

What does one do with vermouth anyhow?  Cooking, drinking, food?
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
I've always heard:

beer before liquor, never sicker.
liquor before beer, you're in the clear.

myself, I live by (and I'm making this up right now):

Rum is mur spelled backward. If that isn't funny, drink mur rum.

(Shit... that sucked. Let me try again after I drink some mur...)

Beer before liquor, throw up quicker.
Liquor before beer, never fear.

Whenever I drink rum, mur is how I act.

My Native American name was Pees On Futon When Drink Much.

I'm not bragging. Really. The self flagellation makes me feel slightly better about a serious problem. And really... if you were there and it wasn't your futon, you'd've laughed. :lol:

This reminded me of sharing a room with my older bro back in the day. All throughout high school he'd come home drunk at night. Sometimes I'd wake up to find the hamper smelling of piss, I'd smile and kiss his sleeping, drunken and food-stained forehead to bestow luck upon his chance of having a hangover. While attending a full day of classes.

Desh

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 03:07:48 AM »
My Native American name was Pees On Futon When Drink Much.

I'm not bragging. Really. The self flagellation makes me feel slightly better about a serious problem. And really... if you were there and it wasn't your futon, you'd've laughed. :lol:

Null... it happens to the best of us.  There are 2 times when I went way overboard with the drinking and pissed in bad spots.  I of course don't remember, so these stories are eye witness accounts and the aftermath I had to clean up.

When I first bought my house years ago I had a huge party with all of my friends.  I got shwasted and in the middle of the party pulled down my pants and sat in my leather chair thinking it was the toilet.  I then proceeded to piss all over it.  Luckily leather cleans up easily.

When I was the best man at my friend's wedding I went overboard.  My dad brought me home and helped me into my bed.  My wife noticed in the middle of the night that I woke up, sat off the side of the bed and started pissing.  She yelled and tried to stop me but all I could do is say, "Shut up you dumb bitch.  I do what I want!"  It would have been one thing if I had just pissed all over the hardwood floor, however, my new tennis shoes took a direct hit.  Luckily, my wife stayed with me even though I called her a dumb bitch and pissed on the floor.  She thought it was awesome I had to clean up my own piss and discard a pair of shoes.

Now those are both extreme cases of mine and since having kids I don't get out too often.  The only alone time anymore is the 35 seconds I enter the bathroom before the kids notice.