Author Topic: Retrogate having a sale on the TurboEverdrive +others  (Read 1441 times)

BenG76

Re: Retrogate having a sale on the TurboEverdrive +others
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 07:39:12 AM »
Cart may not work properly with region modded system

Has this been an issue for anyone? I have a region modded Duo R. I got it from Keith Courage back in 2013. Just was curious before I finally get around to buying the Turbo Everdrive.

Bernie

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 07:44:15 AM »

Has this been an issue for anyone? I have a region modded Duo R. I got it from Keith Courage back in 2013. Just was curious before I finally get around to buying the Turbo Everdrive.

You should be fine with it.  I have never had issues.

BenG76

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 07:53:47 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

xelement5x

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »
The Mega has much, much faster loading, cd ram functionality, save states, and support for larger rom files like the UMK3 hack.

Yeah, I spent the extra for the Mega ED and don't regret it at all.

I guess either option is still cheaper than buying M.U.S.H.A. I'm very bitter over that game as, I once had a chance to get it for $20 (CIB) but I was nice and let someone else buy it. That was 10+ years ago and I had no idea how expensive it would get.

That sucks.  I passed on a beautiful copy at about $150 several years ago and kind of regret it, but not that much.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

technozombie

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

I got the Everdrive for Christmas and I have had no problems with my Doujindance region modded Duo-r.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 07:49:19 AM »
There's no reason to feel like you got screwed, as the current everdrive does everything it was advertised to do.  Should I feel bad about buying a 64mb neoflash instead of waiting for something better?  If I'd only waited, I could've gotten a 128mb version.... or waited some more and gotten a 128mb version with battery (whatever that's for).... or waited some more for an everdrive.... or waited some more for an everdrive 2.0.... or waited some more for a _________.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 07:56:45 AM »
There's no reason to feel like you got screwed, as the current everdrive does everything it was advertised to do.  Should I feel bad about buying a 64mb neoflash instead of waiting for something better?  If I'd only waited, I could've gotten a 128mb version.... or waited some more and gotten a 128mb version with battery (whatever that's for).... or waited some more for an everdrive.... or waited some more for an everdrive 2.0.... or waited some more for a _________.

Wait, are you saying technology advances...and that we should accept it?

You crazy bastard.
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 09:34:40 AM »
At first I was disappointed, but I'm content. I already have an Arcade card since they are relatively cheap. And I am making full use of my everdrive now, as is. Necro's point of "something new will just come out" is a great point. If it turns out that the new everdrive is 400000%%% better, then I'll consider it. But in the meantime, I'll just watch from the sidelines and see the new people that get it and tinker with it. :)

Hope people aren't too pissed at me :lol:

Gentlegamer

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:37 AM »
Who ever said procrastination doesn't pay off?

I have an Arcade Duo card, I didn't know the current TED doesn't have instant loading, so that will make it worth it for me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »
How long does it really take to load?  I'm sure my neoflash doesn't have ram for instaload, but I can't say I've sat around wishing I had a neogeo cd instead.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles