Author Topic: Best US Huey round 3  (Read 1008 times)

esteban

Re: Best US Huey round 3
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »

Jesus, guys... the ninja pit fall isn't that bad.  Just fall off the ledge, immediately start moving left, fall between the two ninjas you see and then hug the left wall, about one sprite width away from it.  You don't get touched

Yeah, but how much trial and error did it take you to find that out?  It's been many years but I remember having to try many times before I got it down.

I quickly found it. I said to myself, "there's got to be an easier way"

But, like I said, I am not always lucky like that. There are lots of games where I never figure out all the "tricks". 
  |    | 

esteban

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 12:25:11 PM »

Jesus, guys... the ninja pit fall isn't that bad.  Just fall off the ledge, immediately start moving left, fall between the two ninjas you see and then hug the left wall, about one sprite width away from it.  You don't get touched

Yeah, but how much trial and error did it take you to find that out?  It's been many years but I remember having to try many times before I got it down.

But, like I said, I am not always lucky like that. There are lots of games where I never figure out all the "tricks". 

bullshit.

you won an art contest in turboplay. Erego, we know you received turboplay magazines. You learned the trick the same way I did- you read it in the "tips" section of 8 separate issues before ever playing the game.

busted.

Ha! I've always figured out my secret would never be revealed...until now.

:)

Seriously, though, I don't use any guides/FAQs/cheats until after beat a game.
  |    | 

slinkyturd

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

bullshit.

you won an art contest in turboplay. Erego, we know you received turboplay magazines. You learned the trick the same way I did- you read it in the "tips" section of 8 separate issues before ever playing the game.

busted.

Ha! I've always figured out my secret would never be revealed...until now.

:)

Seriously, though, I don't use any guides/FAQs/cheats until after beat a game.

LIES!!!
70/95 US Turbochips

esteban

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »
Hahaahhahahahahahahaha! :)
  |    | 

Lost Monkey

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 02:51:10 AM »
On a serious note, I'm surprised Devil's Crush is tied for 3rd place. I'm not surprised Bonk's Revenge is, even if I didn't vote for it, but I am confused that DC is that well thought of.

I think I might have put more hours into Devil's Crush than any other huey...  Mostly on a portable though (TE and PSP)...

jordan_hillman

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »
I'm shocked some of you jerks are actually still voting for Dragon's Crush. It was actually eliminated last round. It's a joke.

I couldn't help myself  :dance:
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

jordan_hillman

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »
I don't consider Ninja Spirit that hard. Once you have a few powerups, you are so powerful...

But, I've played the game to death. On PCE mode.

That doesn't mean I don't get my butt handed to me in other games, though. Like R-Type. I still get smacked around by R-Type.

100% agree. Once I'm powered up on Ninja Spirit I typically don't have that many issues playing through it with relative ease.

And I am definitely "one of those" that falls through that magical, magical space on the left side of the screen during the ninja pitfall sequence.

And stupid, stupid, stupid R-Type. . . If I don't beat it by the time I've reached middle-age then I am setting all of my OBEY ablaze and dancing around the sweet, sweet flames like a crazy person.

fragmare

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »
I don't consider Ninja Spirit that hard. Once you have a few powerups, you are so powerful...

But, I've played the game to death. On PCE mode.

That doesn't mean I don't get my butt handed to me in other games, though. Like R-Type. I still get smacked around by R-Type.

100% agree. Once I'm powered up on Ninja Spirit I typically don't have that many issues playing through it with relative ease.

And I am definitely "one of those" that falls through that magical, magical space on the left side of the screen during the ninja pitfall sequence.

And stupid, stupid, stupid R-Type. . . If I don't beat it by the time I've reached middle-age then I am setting all of my OBEY ablaze and dancing around the sweet, sweet flames like a crazy person.

Try playing it on 'Arcade' mode and it turns into a real ball buster.

Bernie

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
Ninja Spirit and Blazing Lazers will always be in my top 10 HuCARD games.  Not only because of game play, but also because of the memories of my father, brother and I playing. 

jordan_hillman

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 02:47:46 PM »
Try playing it on 'Arcade' mode and it turns into a real ball buster.

I have and came close to beating it a few times.

When I want ball busting difficulty I usually look elsewhere on the TG (like stupid, stupid R-Type) and leave Ninja Spirit for quick, wholesome, and easy fun.  :dance: