Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9060 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »
I feel like his newest Turbo video was a little better, though not much. I think the "guru" actually tried a little more than 1% this time. Video still eats shit compared to what any real OBEY enthusiast could accomplish, but eh, it's at least something. Thanks once again Metal Christian, for raising Turbo prices even more. lol

*sighs*

seieienbu

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2015, 08:23:45 PM »
I think the video is pretty bad.  I found it particularly grating when they'd talk about some feature of a game with words but not bother showing me said feature at all.  It made the whole thing feel like zero effort was put forth and that the videos were very dialed in. 

"While I like shooters, I'm not good at them and I get frustrated easily"  ...yeah, what I'm hearing hear is that you dislike shooters.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

slinkyturd

« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
I think the video is pretty bad.  I found it particularly grating when they'd talk about some feature of a game with words but not bother showing me said feature at all.  It made the whole thing feel like zero effort was put forth and that the videos were very dialed in. 

"While I like shooters, I'm not good at them and I get frustrated easily"  ...yeah, what I'm hearing hear is that you dislike shooters.

What I'm seeing is that he dislikes chraisma more.
70/95 US Turbochips

seieienbu

« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
Normally I'd fix a grammatical error but I didn't see it until it was quoted. 

...the shame.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

slinkyturd

« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2015, 09:33:39 AM »
Normely id ficks a gramatical erroar butt i didnt sea it untill it was cuoted. 

...the shame.
70/95 US Turbochips

poponon

« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
"While I like shooters, I'm not good at them and I get frustrated easily"  .

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »

Just watched the newest Metal Jesus on shooters and it was pretty bad:

They have PC Engine games mixed in with TG16 games and dont mention that you cannot actually play them without a convertor or region switch.

He also couldn't remember 100% if the TG16 controller has turbo switches so he must not actually use his much.

These guys crack me up. This Carlos character is a TG-16 guru? Really?

Some of my favorite comments:

Blazing Lazers is based off the Japanese movie Gunhed, I didn't know that.

Seriously!? The game is f*cking called Gunhed in Japan.

China Warrior is like Double Dragon.

China Warrior is nothing like DD douche. Try Kung Fu or Vigilante.

Its so Zen like....

What the hell does that even mean in relation to a shooter game?

oh god. is that carlos guy even a tg guru or does he just play one in the videos?  havent seen the video yet but something tells me itll be bad

slinkyturd

« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2015, 06:30:09 PM »
He is visibly reading everything off a piece of paper. My guess is a wiki print out.
70/95 US Turbochips

esteban

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2015, 10:58:32 PM »

He is visibly reading everything off a piece of paper. My guess is a wiki print out.

Yes, he literally has notes.

However, if he didn't have notes, I fear that the video would have been unwatchable.

Although some found the video unwatchable as-is.

|    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2015, 05:10:38 AM »
Well to be honest he whole guru things seemed more younger in check jest then actually seeming him as an expert.

Hell for all we know he could litterly be the only person he knows who plays the TG-16 apart from himself.

man himself having some exposed to the TG-16 but seeminly uninterested in it apart from the few games he has obtained.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
Well to be honest he whole guru things seemed more younger in check jest then actually seeming him as an expert.

Hell for all we know he could litterly literally be the only person he knows who plays the TG-16 apart from himself.

man himself having some exposed to the TG-16 but seeminly uninterested in it apart from the few games he has obtained.

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »

Hell for all we know he could litterly literally be the only person he knows who plays the TG-16 apart from himself.

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Thanks!

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »
i didnt really dig the video. i didnt like how he had notes that he was reading from. if he really was a "guru" he wouldn't need notes and be able to talk about the game off the top of his head. I'm sure as hell no guru on turbo, hell i've only been a turbo owner for 2 years and a duo r owner for less than a year but maybe, just maybe, i may know a tiny bit more about turbo than carlos. They should have also named the title best turbografx/ pc engine shooter since games like coryoon and salamander were never released in the u.s. sadly

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2015, 03:47:13 AM »
"AirZonk also has companion missles"

f*ck THIS.

BrosephPCE

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2015, 04:38:05 AM »
f*ck Metal Jesus and people like him. These guys are a dime a dozen on Youtube and are responsible for a large part of all the misinformation about retro consoles that goes around. I'm sure he has good intentions but the content is just not worth watching. I'll stick with AVGN, Game Sack, and JonTron, thanks.