Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9039 times)

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2015, 03:43:49 AM »
they would probably WILL say some mean things about it on a forum somewhere!  :wink:
I think that is called teh interwebs.

I have Omega and Jesus on subscribe, but only when I'm out of Game Sack and Retrowaretv "VG Years" do I bother with lower tier hollytubers. CGR guy is fine by me, but his vids are too short and just too much bother now that he moved to his new site.

Retro Hardware was good for the few eps, like a briefing...no random chatter and BS, "just the facts, ma'am". But alas, no more.

There are two type of youtube game vids: Game Sack and NOT Game Sack.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:55:19 AM by majors »
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Jibbajaba

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2015, 07:06:50 AM »
Seriously, Metal Jesus is a light-hearted, upbeat dude who loves games and finding out about games he missed out on(he's said that in quite a few videos).

I agree, and as I said before I like his earlier videos.  But it has become pretty obvious that his main focus now is getting as many views as possible, rather than creating high-quality videos.  A lot of people do this, trying to follow a formula to boost viewership and number of subscribers.  The only two reasons for doing this are ego and money.  It has nothing to do with putting out quality.  CGR guy does the exact same thing, but I think he's entertaining and his videos are short, so when he's showing off a game that I like, I'll watch the vid. 

Game Sack is a perfect example of what I'm talking about (or maybe the antithesis of what I'm talking about.)  It's pretty obviously the highest-quality YouTube show about retrogaming, both from a production standpoint as well as content.  But look at how many subscribers they have and how many average views their videos get.  Criminally low compared to a lot of asshats out there who are churning out complete shit.  But those people are following the formula.  YouTube rewards quantity over quality because it's primary user base are teenagers and twenty-somethings who have no attention span and are used to the Facebook/Twitter universe.  Constant, meaningless updates.   So a guy like CGR, who uploads a video every day but says basically nothing has tons of subs and views even though his channel lacks real substance. 

It all comes down to your motivation.  Are you trying to do something that you can stand behind and be proud of (or maybe it's a hobby and you're doing it for fun or as a creative outlet)?  Or are you just trying to generate clicks, make some money, and become a YT celeb who gets to sit on panel discussions at gaming expos?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:08:28 AM by Jibbajaba »

NightWolve

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
Plain and simple
If you don't like his videos don't watch it
Wow, thanks for the insight.  I guess we can just go ahead and lock this thread now.

Gotta admit, that had me LMAO for a bit.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2015, 11:53:20 PM »
--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2015, 11:57:05 PM »
wat.

Bernie

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2015, 12:52:05 AM »
Now, I like Alpha Omega Sin.  He does tend to go on a tangent...but I like him.

Black Tiger

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2015, 04:13:00 PM »
  |    | 

poponon

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »
If you like MetalJesus, then you'll *love* this guy.

what the helllll

HailingTheThings

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »

Owe.

Mie.

Ghaahhd.

He done did got it for free, too.

Could have just given him a f*cking Dio album, it's all the same, he wouldn't even know the difference. The man is mentally challenged after all.

The Lair of Metal Jesus Rocks: Where donated retro games go to get... idk, flushed down the toilet?

Tits.

esteban

Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »

Owe.

Mie.

Ghaahhd.

He done did got it for free, too.

Could have just given him a f*cking Dio album, it's all the same, he wouldn't even know the difference. The man is mentally challenged after all.

The Lair of Metal Jesus Rocks: Where donated retro games go to get... idk, flushed down the toilet?

Tits.

Because I am a masocihst I watched the entire video.

GOD I HATE THESE VIDEOS ("latest pickups")...

Anyway, he mentioned that he worked for Sierra back in the day...does anyone know what his actual job title was? Just curious.

Anyway, I still think that there are a lot of folks who are much, much worse than Metal JESUS, so I just laugh at this goofball. :)

For example, NO JOKE, I had never watched even a second of a "pewdiepie" video before. Sure, I heard of him, but never watched anything. DEAR LORD HE IS ABOMINABLE. I couldn't stomach more than 45 seconds. I can't believe he has not been tarred  and feathered for his antics.

So, Metal JESUS is the least of my problems. Ha!
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2015, 01:49:01 AM »
Anyway, he mentioned that he worked for Sierra back in the day...does anyone know what his actual job title was? Just curious.

Janitor.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2015, 06:08:46 AM »

Janitor.

That I wouldn't doubt he doesn't come off as especially bright. Granted his big claim to fame seems to stem more from being in some FMV section of one game they made where he is "playing" a guitar looking all 80s rock.

esteban

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2015, 08:15:26 AM »

Janitor.

That I wouldn't doubt he doesn't come off as especially bright. Granted his big claim to fame seems to stem more from being in some FMV section of one game they made where he is "playing" a guitar looking all 80s rock.

Hahhaahhaha. This is now something that I must see.

Ridiculous.

Awesome.

Wasteful.

RAW.
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »

Janitor.

Hahhaahhaha. This is now something that I must see.

Ridiculous.

Awesome.

Wasteful.

RAW.

He featured his cameo in one of his videos, but I couldn't be bothered to pin point which video of his this was in.