Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9128 times)

jordan_hillman

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:26 AM »
Metal Jesus might be the worst thing to ever happen to the Internet and the YouTube...

But on the real, all of these 45 year-old virgin jackoffs need to stop recording their hobbies and providing us with a 5 minutes synopsis of a 2 minute Google search.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

grache

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
I can understand why people don't like Metal Jesus, but I watch his videos sometimes. He's not my go to source for TG-16 information though. Content has to be dumbed down to appeal to the masses.

At least Metal Jesus isn't a complete set collector. I don't care if people collect entire sets, but I thought people bought games they liked and once they had those filled in the gaps with the junk.

The guy I linked to picked up 17 games of which ~5 he liked.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

toymachine78

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »
My god...
Wow.... What a disaster. Those two may  be the closest you will ever come to seeing a real life Toe-jam and Earl. Lol

And did that guy say he put his entire TG-16 collection together in 3 weeks?

mackdanger

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 01:17:13 PM »
I can understand why people don't like Metal Jesus, but I watch his videos sometimes. He's not my go to source for TG-16 information though. Content has to be dumbed down to appeal to the masses.

There is one positive that I can give the guy. From what I've seen, he actually talks about the games instead of using the games to talk about himself. 
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

esteban

Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 01:25:48 PM »

There is one positive that I can give the guy. From what I've seen, he actually talks about the games instead of using the games to talk about himself.

I personally find Metal Jesus to have a soothing, pleasant screen presence. I like him. Sure, he's a big goof. A big, lovable goof.

When he talks about something he has actual experience with (like a favorite game), he seems fine. I have only seen that a few times, though.

I have only watched a handful of his episodes though, ever. So, maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Ha!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:29:37 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

graffias79

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »
He's not that bad.  Nobody can excel at everything and I guess the TG-16 is one of those consoles that he hasn't wrapped his head around.  He's definitely not the most annoying video game related YouTube channel out there.

Nemo

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »

I don't understand why they even made this video. Is he that delusional that he thinks people want to see his goofy doofus face. No one wants to see a long haired pudgy chinless version of Kay from Sword in the Stone. Yet 30k+ people have watched this shit smear's video. What the hell?!

When I started paying attention to YT, I was disappointed to find that gaming on YouTube is a wasteland. The grown "men" who pretend to be legitimately terrified by screen savers like Five Nights
at Freddie's are of course the worst. The rest seem to be like the guy in the video.
"Hey everybody. Look at all the shit I have! I just bought another box of shit off Ebay! Check out all the shit I bought! I better move a little to the left, so I don't block your view of my big wall of shit. Tune in next week when I unbox the rare Cambodian bootleg of the ZX Spectrum classic Granny Farts a Biscuit. It's like my favorite game EVARRRRRRR!" 

And it is at that point you realize why the video was made, and why the hidden gems chosen were anything but. He needed an excuse to make a video about more of his shit.

Agreed, I don't mind people like Metal Jesus because he's not very entertaining, it's not a gift everyone has, but hes trying to do something with his life, so I won't hate on him for it, I just won't watch his videos.  The bigger problem is everyone wants to be a collector now and brag about it on YouTube like anyone gives a spit.  "Oh yesh, I own Magical Chase, does my life have meaning now?!"  And other impressionable minds see this and are like "oooh that Turbo looks like the fun, I wanna collect all the games too!".  And all I see are a bunch of grown men with a disease called collecting, that is tragic not admirable.  I'd love to know what the ratio of games they own to the games they have actually beaten is.

slinkyturd

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »
Metal Jesus might be the worst thing to ever happen to the Internet and the YouTube...

But on the real, all of these 45 year-old virgin jackoffs need to stop recording their hobbies and providing us with a 5 minutes synopsis of a 2 minute Google search.

YES!!!! Either know what you are making a video about or don't make a damn video.
70/95 US Turbochips

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2014, 12:13:47 AM »
Even people who know how to make a video more times than not ought not to do so.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2014, 12:37:06 AM »
Metal Jesus doesn't hock stuff or have commercials pre-vid does he? I've only watched a few.

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when someone like Gamester81 has a commercial for say, Stone Age Gamer or Bit Boxes in front of his videos, and then "reviews" something and gives it a good review, and immediately recommends you get it at...Stone Age Gamer (who I like, I have a couple of their products). Or "reviews" his own homebrew effort. Etc. That's the shit that makes me lose faith in (video game) humanity. Maybe he's 100% honest and unbiased when it comes to reviewing things that help line his pocket, and maybe I can dunk on a regulation rim.

That guys videos are like xanx anyway, even when they are about something good. Talk about monotone.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:48:10 AM by GoldenWheels »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »

YES!!!! Either know what you are making a video about or don't make a damn video.

Maybe but he never claims to know anything really. When ever it is about a system game series or what have you that he didn't grow up on or have a vested interest he brings on a friend who has an interest in said video.

For the most part I have enjoyed them. The people on it seem Ernest in their individual passion for what ever they are brought on for.

He has two friends really into Sega

A female friend into N64 and GameCube
And he is really all about PC gaming being that he worked for Siera.

Granted the TG-16 video is his weakest and for that I am glad.  I am always fearful of a higher profile youtuber talking about Nel GeoSega or Tg-16. Because I just keep seeing prices jump a little higher.

Now if I already HAD all the SEGA TG-16 and Neo Geo MVS stuff I wanted then talk away lol.  But I dont. 

toymachine78

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2014, 01:07:50 AM »
Metal Jesus doesn't hock stuff or have commercials pre-vid does he? I've only watched a few.

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when someone like Gamester81 has a commercial for say, Stone Age Gamer or Bit Boxes in front of his videos, and then "reviews" something and gives it a good review, and immediately recommends you get it at...Stone Age Gamer (who I like, I have a couple of their products). Or "reviews" his own homebrew effort. Etc. That's the shit that makes me lose faith in (video game) humanity. Maybe he's 100% honest and unbiased when it comes to reviewing things that help line his pocket, and maybe I can dunk on a regulation rim.

That guys videos are like xanx anyway, even when they are about something good. Talk about monotone.
    I seriously doubt he has anything to do with the ads played before his videos. Most web ads are targeted based upon your search history, cookies, subscriptions, and anything else they can mine from your device cache or profile.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2014, 01:36:45 AM »

I seriously doubt he has anything to do with the ads played before his videos. Most web ads are targeted based upon your search history, cookies, subscriptions, and anything else they can mine from your device cache or profile.

I'm certainly not sure but I think he does, the voice over for the ad is often his voice (believe that was the case for bit box one) and the ads (could also be wrong here as I haven't watched one of his videos in a while) seem to be part of the actual video....they're not those random pre-vid commercials you can skip after 5 seconds or whatever.

EDIT: I checked one random one quick ("Gamerz Tek 8-Bit Entertainment System Review"), it was his voice and it was an actual part of the video. Was for the powerbase converter thing, which is a great product. But that still rubs me the wrong way.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:41:00 AM by GoldenWheels »

Miracle_Warrior

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2014, 03:10:56 AM »
After reading through this thread, one thing is VERY certain...Metal Jesus will never sign up for a pcenginefx account.  We already have the ultimate obey reviewer though.  :)

jordan_hillman

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2014, 05:39:59 AM »
After reading through this thread, one thing is VERY certain...Metal Jesus will never sign up for a pcenginefx account.  We already have the ultimate obey reviewer though.  :)

Damn straight! Spida1a's turbo views are the standard I hold all YouTube gamer/reviews videos too.

Sadly, most fall short.

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"