Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9093 times)

slinkyturd

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 06:33:09 AM »
After reading through this thread, one thing is VERY certain...Metal Jesus will never sign up for a pcenginefx account.  We already have the ultimate obey reviewer though.  :)

Damn straight! Spida1a's turbo views are the standard I hold all YouTube gamer/reviews videos too.

Sadly, most fall short.

Turbo Views are the only TG ones I look for. That said they are better than most every gaming reviewer on youtube for any given system. CGR Undertow does some good reviews too, but I've never seen them do a TG game and I've never looked for it either. Other systems they seem to do a good job. Those 2 are the only ones I'll go out of my way to look for a review I want to see.
70/95 US Turbochips

PikachuWarrior

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »
MJ wouldn't be getting all these views/subscribers if he wasn't entertaining and/or popular. I'll admit, his Turbo GEMs videos are terrible and not indicative of what most (who are deeply familiar with) consider a hidden gem. Technically all TG16 games are hidden games, given the obscurity of the console in the US, but we know better!

chany60126

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:04 AM »
MJ wouldn't be getting all these views/subscribers if he wasn't entertaining and/or popular. I'll admit, his Turbo GEMs videos are terrible and not indicative of what most (who are deeply familiar with) consider a hidden gem. Technically all TG16 games are hidden games, given the obscurity of the console in the US, but we know better!

And we also know how much the turbo games are worth.... down to the penny!!
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

NightWolve

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »

And we also know how much the turbo games are worth.... down to the penny!!

Zing! Heh-heh. Now he'll complain about us holding grudges for too long! ;)

Greg2600

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »
I greatly enjoy MJR videos.  So there.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »

Damn, you've got a point. Shit.

slinkyturd

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »

Damn, you've got a point. Shit.

I must recant my previous statements under the weight of the reasoning behind that statement.
70/95 US Turbochips

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2014, 03:47:18 AM »
Is anyone saying that his videos on average suck? I only groaned when I saw the Turbo videos, and that's two out of dozens.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2014, 05:14:20 AM »
Is anyone saying that his videos on average suck? I only groaned when I saw the Turbo videos, and that's two out of dozens.

Some are.

I find that most of his videos are pretty good.

Maybe it is because it isn't always just him. He does a lot where friends will come on and talk about a game series or system that he doesn't really get that into as his go to person for that video or topic. Mind you it is more who he has on and what they know about a given topic that might make people annoyed then MJR himself. As it is not himself giving much input bit asking the random "clueless guy" question either for the benefit of those unfamiliar with said system or game or he truly is in the dark.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2014, 10:20:47 AM »
Honestly, overall I don't mind MJR. Like he annoys the shit outta me, but he's not that bad. I think more than anything it's his friends that f*ck up any chance of him being amazing in my book. Well, except CircuitsAndCoffee, she's cool, but only because she's so nerdy and awkward that it somehow works in her favor or something.

slinkyturd

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2014, 05:52:03 AM »
I wasn't impressed with his PS2 lists either, his forte really. His Best ever ps2 lists seemed to me to be a top list of just RPGs. Like I get that RPGs are good but they shouldn't dominate the best of list for THAT system.

He's missed on every list I've seen, He's a dopey ogre lookin' mother f*cker, and his videos seem ill prepared.
70/95 US Turbochips

esteban

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »

I wasn't impressed with his PS2 lists either, his forte really. His Best ever ps2 lists seemed to me to be a top list of just RPGs. Like I get that RPGs are good but they shouldn't dominate the best of list for THAT system.

He's missed on every list I've seen, He's a dopey ogre lookin' mother f*cker, and his videos seem ill prepared.

Ha! You really don't like this guy. I'm not going to change your mind. :) I don't disagree with you: judging by his knowledge of video games, he is not a "match" for me. But that's probably why I like him—he has a different perspective on things.

IN DEFENSE (again) of METALJESUS: As simply a host of a show, I still like him.

I guess, at the most basic level, I think the ogre is charming and I'll watch him do anything, really. I don't watch him for his expertise, I watch him because he has a friendly, endearing presence in front of the camera.

He is dopey-looking, but I think his heart is pretty sincere. That's why I like him...he strikes me as a genuinely nice person. Making videos. He is not an expert. But he's still better than SO MANY other folks out there.

Remember, I see most videos on YouTube as *entertainment*, first and foremost. It just makes life easier if I do this. Even folks who allegedly prepare the content of their videos in advance struggle with basic research skills, it seems.

So, my expectation going into 99% of videos is this: the video might be entertaining...and even if it isn't, I might delve into topic __________ in more detail (that is, do my own research).

LOTS OF CRAPPY SITES/podcasts/videos have been the starting point for my own exploration.

|    | 

geise

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »
LOL.  You youtubers........wasting your lives.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
LOL.  You youtubers........wasting your lives.

I think it looks like fun! Seems that some people have fun making these videos and people are obviously watching. If I wasn't so camera shy, I'd make more videos of my own. Though I must say, most of these people who review Turbo-anything are really hard to watch for me usually for things like garbling facts or general presence. But, they're doing it and I'm not so kudos to them!
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2014, 03:50:22 PM »
Basically what esteban said. Now AlphaOmegaSin, that's a guy I cannot stand at all.