Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9053 times)

esteban

Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
Basically what esteban said. Now AlphaOmegaSin, that's a guy I cannot stand at all.

Yeah, he's just TOO MUCH. I think he makes good points (I've only watched a handful of his videos, but his arguments were generally sound), but his delivery (protracted ranting) is tiring.

I do believe that AlohaStateSin actually plays games, in depth, so I will give him credit for that.

TOPIC CHANGE:

One guy I like (Lazy Game Reviews) is still not perfect for me, but I really enjoy the items he focuses on (old hardware and peripherals, old DOS games). As the "host" of a show, I think he does a good job (sure, he might be too-conscious of his own vocal delivery....but I attribute it to LGR "creating a persona" with a slightly-contrived "voice actor" approach). Anyway, I look forward to his stuff. I wish he did more research before filming, but I could say that for most folks.

I don't know his name, so I call him LGR. Ha. 

I'll be honest, though, I don't like 99% of the video game stuff out there on YouTube. So much garbage.
  |    | 

Groover

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »
I have seen this video and other videos and I also don't line up with his tastes in games. I respect those are his choices. I also don't fully understand his taste in games because they are cheap and not good at times. If I go back to play games I like to play games that I fell help define the platform. Also there was still bad games then and I can live to avoid them at times.

esteban

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2015, 08:59:59 AM »

I have seen this video and other videos and I also don't line up with his tastes in games. I respect those are his choices. I also don't fully understand his taste in games because they are cheap and not good at times. If I go back to play games I like to play games that I fell help define the platform. Also there was still bad games then and I can live to avoid them at times.

I play all the games, "good" and "bad", because, honestly, lots of stuff that folks consider "bad" is not really bad. Plus, I don't trust anyone's opinion on stuff. I'd rather play a crappy game and decide for myself.

:)
  |    | 

Groover

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2015, 12:01:05 PM »
I play all the games, "good" and "bad", because, honestly, lots of stuff that folks consider "bad" is not really bad. Plus, I don't trust anyone's opinion on stuff. I'd rather play a crappy game and decide for myself.

I can dig that. I like that you give some games a shot. I know I try some out even if they are not regarded well. I just remember as a kid picking up that new game and finding out is is a dud. Then you really sink some hours into it and it is still crap. This is not always the truth.

BenG76

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »
This thread was a fun read. I wish some of you guys had YouTube channels.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2015, 10:26:15 AM »

This is definitely the way I go as well. More often than not I find something redeemable or charming from just about every game I play, especially on the TG.

I'm even excited to give Night Creatures a shot (once I'm able to get a copy of course :() even though most of what I hear has been pretty negative.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

BenG76

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2015, 02:33:11 PM »

[/quote]

I agree a lot with this. I do like to at least watch some game play video sometimes before spending much on a game.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2015, 07:46:48 AM »
I liked some of Metal Jesus' earlier videos.  But now he's making videos to generate views, rather than doing it for its own sake (because I think he's trying to do it for a living maybe).  Same thing happened to Classic Game Room. 

Greg2600

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
I liked some of Metal Jesus' earlier videos.  But now he's making videos to generate views, rather than doing it for its own sake (because I think he's trying to do it for a living maybe).  Same thing happened to Classic Game Room. 

I would agree with that.  I prefer when it's just him talking about a couple games.  His friends are not entertaining, and they seem to flash through the games.

TR0N

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »

I would agree with that.  I prefer when it's just him talking about a couple games.  His friends are not entertaining, and they seem to flash through the games.
That he is i wonder what happen to him reviewing his own games.Lately it's his friends,fine but uhh shouldn't they have there own channel for that !? On the agg podcast he says he's super busy with work so i don't know.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

KnightWarrior

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2015, 06:22:10 AM »
Plain and simple

If you don't like his videos don't watch it

Me: I like his Videos

Jibbajaba

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:28 AM »
Plain and simple

If you don't like his videos don't watch it

Wow, thanks for the insight.  I guess we can just go ahead and lock this thread now.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
Wow, thanks for the insight.  I guess we can just go ahead and lock this thread now.

Ha!

Plain and simple: no dissenting opinions or discussion is allowed in a discussion forum.  KnightWarrior hath spoken!!!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »
Criticism: how dose it works?

captain_n77

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2015, 02:09:31 AM »
Daaaaaaamn! Someone slap some sense into me if I ever dare to share an opinion without running it by you guys first.  :lol:

Seriously, Metal Jesus is a light-hearted, upbeat dude who loves games and finding out about games he missed out on(he's said that in quite a few videos). And remember, none of those hidden gem videos are for experts on those consoles. Can you imagine someone trying to make videos or articles about hidden gems for a bunch of experts? Not only would it not be news to the experts, but they would probably say some mean things about it on a forum somewhere!  :wink:
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"