Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9098 times)

esteban

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2015, 05:58:57 AM »

No need to apologize.

Just play play 10 hours of Ballistix as penance.

...I'd rather just apologize.

Hahaahhahahahahahahaha. Yeah, me too :)
  |    | 

Jibbajaba

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
LukeMorse is way too full of himself.

John Hancock?  The dude markets a DVD set that you can buy that basically just shows off his collection.  It's some kind of "how to collect for..." kind of shit, but at the end of the day it's just a one-man circlejerk.

One time I was at PRGE and I was chatting it up with a few show volunteers, and they were telling me how Hancock was acting like a huge prima donna.  I think their exact words were "that guy is an a$$hole".  It never ceases to amaze me how anyone who is part of the retrogaming scene could ever get a big head.  I once heard a story that involved Pete Dorr using the phrase "Do you know who I am" as a means of getting his way at a gaming convention.  A f*cking brown streak on the underwear of life is what you are, Pete.

geise

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
lol lukemorse shows you how to not fix a pcb the right way.  if you're that amateurish with fixing shit don't put up a video.  Anyways MJ is terrible and I can't believe this thread has gone on this long.  Seems like people that hate him still check out his shit.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »
It's the drama. There is always something new to talk about.  :dance:

mackdanger

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2015, 04:16:18 PM »

John Hancock?  The dude markets a DVD set that you can buy that basically just shows off his collection.  It's some kind of "how to collect for..."

A lot of these jokers have some kind of "How to collect for X system" videos and frankly, I find it absolutely baffling. Not simply that someone would make such a video, but that others would actually watch it. What could possibly need to be explained? "Uhhhhh, so like, that system you want. Yeah, first you buy that, then you buy the games." I don't get it.

As for Luke Morse, well, that's a whole other wad of WTF. The guy will drop stupid amounts of money on PCBs, games, systems, and then he goes at them with a shitty, corroded $20 soldering iron. I used to watch his videos when I first got into modding about a year ago, but I knew immediately there were better examples to follow. If you search for his "final video" on YouTube, someone else re-upped it with a lulzy description.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

Bloufo

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2015, 05:49:55 PM »
Add Gamester 81 to the list. In fact put him near the top.

poponon

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »
If you search for his "final video" on YouTube, someone else re-upped it with a lulzy description.

Was gonna add this but I felt bad

another guy that just seems to collect for the sake of collecting without knowning much about the actual games. weird

Bloufo

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2015, 06:33:16 PM »

another guy that just seems to collect for the sake of collecting without knowning much about the actual games. weird[/quote]

And heavy handed to boot.  :lol:
Watch a few of his earlier vids before he invested in a tripod. He handles rare pieces of console hardware as if he's stress-testing their durability.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
collectors are mostly idiots.   

I am pretty much tired of all of the gaming YouTube channels.

It's all the same:

1) Person in front of shelves of bullshit they haven't touched/won't touch/haven't touched in 15+ years
2) carefully placed "rare" items for maximum cool.  Congrats.  You have stuff other people also have.
3) retarded opinions/statements that shout "I just wikipedia'd this".   Thanks for nothing.

sometimes you get a little variety:

1) Shitty camera use (a'la middle school movie project).  If you are going to make a channel, buy a tripod, f*ckface.
2) annoying introduction.  Nobody cares about your tacky Windows Movie Maker transitions/logo/crap.
3) cue-card style talking.  Because you didn't already sound like a tool.

what you never get:

1) Anything you actually give a f*ck about
2) time wasted back.

The only gaming channel I can even watch is AVGN.    He's a character.  You go into it expecting stupidity and exaggeration.

And then you watch James/Mike Mondays and you get something un-f*cking-heard of:

1) Gamers playing a game, and bullshitting amongst themselves while doing it.
2) actual reactions/statements on the game being played

I might have already said this in this thread but I am too lazy to look.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

NightWolve

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2015, 06:45:11 PM »
The only gaming channel I can even watch is AVGN.    He's a character.  You go into it expecting stupidity and exaggeration.

And then you watch James/Mike Mondays and you get something un-f*cking-heard of:

1) Gamers playing a game, and bullshitting amongst themselves while doing it.
2) actual reactions/statements on the game being played

Yeah, I still like his show for these very reasons.

graffias79

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2015, 05:46:45 AM »
Quote from: eldritch
...Sorry I didn't get the joke, BTW. Hard for a newcomer to understand the lingo here.
Me not spaek it good yet  :lol:

I've found that on this forum you may sometimes find a bunch of guys having a sargasm all over what you said.  Respond how you want but for me what works is ignoring it, being nice, or responding with friendly sarcasm.

poponon

« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2015, 09:12:47 AM »
AVGN. 

I think AVGN is becoming more and more like the other shows. Although I enjoy watching, I find that the James+Mike mondays have sort of a forced feeling to them. Maybe it's just nitpicking

esteban

Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »
James+Mike suck.
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:09 AM »
If you search for his "final video" on YouTube, someone else re-upped it with a lulzy description.

Was gonna add this but I felt bad

another guy that just seems to collect for the sake of collecting without knowning much about the actual games. weird

Besides him just seeming like the king of all collectards instead of an actual gamer, it bugs me he reviews stuff you can buy (and sometimes ONLY buy)  from the same company whose commercial runs in front of his vids. I don't know if he's unbiased or not, but once you're making money off of some stuff, you should probably recuse yourself from reviewing said stuff IMO.

I breathlessly await the awesome reviews for Sydney Hunter. 10/10/10/10 GOTY!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2015, 01:12:31 PM »
James+Mike suck.

Oh god yes!  Mike. Man Mike is that one guy who wants to be popular so he just comes off more vulgar annoying and "what ever" approach to life so he gets his 15 seconds of fame.

Problem is he comes off as the lackey of the person everyone else came to hangout with and we only put up with it because the fun guy hasn't ditched you yet.

I get he was around for along time usually helping with the videos and playing the part of some costumed so and so. But his personality just brings down what I like in any AVGN video.