Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9139 times)

Opethian

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2015, 06:27:09 AM »
ad revenue

that's all I see

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Jibbajaba

« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2015, 06:38:20 AM »
i didnt really dig the video. i didnt like how he had notes that he was reading from. if he really was a "guru" he wouldn't need notes and be able to talk about the game off the top of his head. I'm sure as hell no guru on turbo, hell i've only been a turbo owner for 2 years and a duo r owner for less than a year but maybe, just maybe, i may know a tiny bit more about turbo than carlos.

Even if you're not a guru, just do your homework before you show up for the shoot.  You don't have to be a guru to pass yourself off as one, especially in a non-interactive format like a YouTube video.  It's not like he had to ask questions from a live studio audience.  He literally had to show up and act like he knew about a handful of games.  I don't understand why Metal Jesus felt the need to bring him on the show in the first place.  I do YouTube shows where I feature games that I didn't previously know a lot about.  I just play the shit out of them and read about their history.  It's not exactly a mentally demanding thing to do, it just takes preparation.

ad revenue

that's all I see

I really wonder what some of these guys make in ad revenue.  It must be a sliding scale.  I know how much I make, and if I extrapolate it out based on the number of views that these guys have compared to what I have (which is orders of magnitude less) it still ain't that much money.  Unfortunately it seems like the first rule of YouTube ad revenue is that you don't talk about YouTube ad revenue.  Which I think is because we all assume that these guys are making more than they actually are, and they obviously don't want to admit it (and I wouldn't blame them.)

Edit 2: Maybe I'm wrong.  Metal Jesus' most watched video is a top 10 (lol) of PSX/PS2 games, which got about 750,000 views.  If I take that and mutliply it by the per-view amount of money that my top-viewed video has, then he would have made almost $1200 on that vid.  In case anyone is wondering, my top-viewed video has made me $9.40 so far.  Retirement, here I come.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:46:19 AM by Jibbajaba »

esteban

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »
$9.40.
  |    | 

poponon

« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2015, 07:51:10 AM »
Wasn't aware of this was your youtube channel jibba, I'm pretty sure I've visited it before for the operation logic bomb review. I'll be checking out the rest soon for sure.  Should post some more OBEY reviews and share them here !

Jibbajaba

« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »
Wasn't aware of this was your youtube channel jibba, I'm pretty sure I've visited it before for the operation logic bomb review. I'll be checking out the rest soon for sure.  Should post some more OBEY reviews and share them here !

Yeah Operation Logic Bomb was one of my earlier videos.  Fun game though.  I had never heard of it when I bought it, but it's definitely a keeper.  Thanks for watching. 

mackdanger

« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »
Yeah Operation Logic Bomb was one of my earlier videos.  Fun game though.  I had never heard of it when I bought it, but it's definitely a keeper.  Thanks for watching.

I usually don't pay attention to people's sigs, so I didn't know that was your channel either. Let's give it a quick once over.

No pickups videos.
No "Yo! Look at all my shit!" videos.
No Loot Box or Crap Box or whatever it is called unboxings.
No thumbnails of you making a goofy face for no reason at all.
No "Let's Play" videos of you screaming like a little girl at screen savers like Five Nights at Freddy Got Fingered.
No Mine Craft videos.
You actually talk about the games, instead of using the games to trick people into watching your videos and then only talking about yourself.

Talk about doing it completely f*cking wrong. Now you know why you are only clocking $9.40.  :D   (Will sub later O:))
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

esadajr

« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2015, 02:36:31 AM »
I suggest you to check out Retro Revenge https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRevenge2014

It's all about the fun. My favorite episode was NES Soccer.
Gaming since 1985

Joe Redifer

« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:12 AM »
This thread is messed up. You guys will be losing your collective shit over the Metal Jesus episode that will be posted on April 3rd. You will all go f*cking nuts. I absolutely cannot wait. And no, there's no reference to this forum or any of that in there. He's not a member of this forum so he couldn't even view this thread if he wanted to.

As for ad revenue, nothin' wrong with that. Any issues with TV shows making money? Movies? Radio? Didn't think so. Don't like, don't watch. If you like and watch, the easiest way to support is by letting the ads play. Turn your speakers down or something while they play. Anyway ads are definitely different per channel. You can't sell the same ads on, say, Prank vs Prank as you can on Game Sack. We have different audiences altogether. If Game Sack were to start doing Lets Plays, we'd fragment our audience and wouldn't be able to sell the same ads any more. If we did a video about our favorite Elvis albums, suddenly we'd have a lot of Elvis fans to cater to and selling ads would be even harder. It's really quite a science.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:31:43 AM by Joe Redifer »

SmokeMonster

« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2015, 08:43:59 AM »
MJR seems like a guy who loves games, and he makes great videos. I've had him featured on my channel since its inception for a good reason; he's a genuine entertainer and his videos are well made and thoughtfully edited. Does it bother me if he's not an expert in every system that he reviews, or every game? Not one bit. It also doesn't bother me that he's relatively popular, because he actually deserves it.

What does "ruin my fath in humanity" is seeing people boast about trolling a youtuber in the first page of the thread without anyone even blinking. That is seriously pathetic.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »
As for ad revenue, nothin' wrong with that.

It's not that ad revenue is bad, it's that many youtube shows seem to center their content around maximizing their ad revenue instead of providing a quality, entertaining show.  It's like websites that split up a top ten list into 10 separate pages just so they can get 10 separate clicks, even if each page is just a photo or two and a three sentence message; it's a turn off.

What does "ruin my fath in humanity" is seeing people boast about trolling a youtuber in the first page of the thread without anyone even blinking. That is seriously pathetic.

Nobody blinked because nobody took slinky seriously.  Duh.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Jibbajaba

« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2015, 09:20:23 AM »
This thread is messed up. You guys will be losing your collective shit over the Metal Jesus episode that will be posted on April 3rd. You will all go f*cking nuts. I absolutely cannot wait. And no, there's no reference to this forum or any of that in there. He's not a member of this forum so he couldn't even view this thread if he wanted to.

I predict one of two things.   Either he got a copy of Magical Chase, and the "guru" Carlos comes back on so that they can say a few factually incorrect things read from a page pf notes, or he got Tobias' repro sets and is going to do a video review.  My only question is how Joe factors in to all of this.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »

I predict one of two things.   Either he got a copy of Magical Chase, and the "guru" Carlos comes back on so that they can say a few factually incorrect things read from a page pf notes, or he got Tobias' repro sets and is going to do a video review.  My only question is how Joe factors in to all of this.

DING DING DING - We have a winner!*

*I have no idea, but seems more probable than chaaaaasssssssesssssssss.

#Derp.

Sadler

« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
This thread and the Tobias thread ruin my faith in PCEFX.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
Everybody should love metal jesus and every other youtube video maker ever.  If you don't like him, you're an a$$hole.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

poponon

« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
Although some of the smack-talk in this thread is a little over the top , I think most is somewhat constructive criticism . It's just blown a little bit out of proportion for the sake of humor. It's fun to roast someone. Pansies need to lighten up a little