Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 9038 times)

toymachine78

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2015, 03:30:08 AM »
He must have caught a bunch of shit. He's already posted a follow up video, and posted his proposed "budget". His budget seems pretty inflated to me. He's estimating the RV will get 5mpg. WTH? Any motor made this century should get better gas mileage than that. 9K for an RV based on 30 day rental.... Hell it may be cheaper to rent... Newer model would prob get better gas mileage, you could scrap the breakdown budget, cause it should be covered by rental company, and insurance as well depending on the company.

Also, 1500 for 30 days RV park fees? Walmarts are everywhere, and allow you to use their lot for free.

Or how about if you want to take a vacation, get a real job.. save up and then go when you can afford it!
   You must not have watched the follow up video, because he made it very clear that this is NOT a vacation. Its going to be a lot of work. A LOT of work. All the post cards that have to be mailed, the phone calls, retro game shopping.... Sounds like its gonna be hell.

sirhcman

« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2015, 03:40:29 AM »
He must have caught a bunch of shit. He's already posted a follow up video, and posted his proposed "budget". His budget seems pretty inflated to me. He's estimating the RV will get 5mpg. WTH? Any motor made this century should get better gas mileage than that. 9K for an RV based on 30 day rental.... Hell it may be cheaper to rent... Newer model would prob get better gas mileage, you could scrap the breakdown budget, cause it should be covered by rental company, and insurance as well depending on the company.

Also, 1500 for 30 days RV park fees? Walmarts are everywhere, and allow you to use their lot for free.

Or how about if you want to take a vacation, get a real job.. save up and then go when you can afford it!
   You must not have watched the follow up video, because he made it very clear that this is NOT a vacation. Its going to be a lot of work. A LOT of work. All the post cards that have to be mailed, the phone calls, retro game shopping.... Sounds like its gonna be hell.

I stopped watching (the first video) when he said he came up with the idea while drinking beer and never even bothered going back..

NOW.. if esteban decided during a drunken beer session that he was going to e-beg for donations to continue Le Turbo Doodle I would be first in line to throw my money at him!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:43:17 AM by sirhcman »

esteban

« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2015, 03:56:53 AM »

Hfahhahahhahhaa. OK, now things are getting interesting. I AM SO TEMPTED TO WATCH HIS FOLLOW-UP VIDEO.

I think I will.

sirhcman: I agree! I would never stop him from vacationing...but I have to save up my own damn money in order to do so. He's already fortunate to have folks sending him stuff.

UPDATE: You are too gracious, sirhcman. Thank you, but if I e-beg for donations I am going to be responsible and provide an itinerary and budget up-front:

ITINIERARY:
(1) Smile (day one, 2-3 minutes).
(2) Invest $35,000 in retirement fund (day one, 2-3 minutes).
(3) Travel to first stop of tour (fan service, 10+ minutes).
(4) Continue tour (days 2-30)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:03:24 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:33 AM »
Ha!  If this guy gets paid, I guess that says a lot about his fan base.  :lol:

His cost breakdown is crap.  Look up a RV rental on your own.  I did and I came up with $3400-$4000 for a month of rental (depending on size of RV rented) plus $3400 for mileage (10000 miles worth); since rental includes repairs, mechanical prep (whatever the f*ck that is), and insurance, that's roughly half what this douche has budgeted.  His mileage budget is also suspect; it might be accurate for some old POS RV that he wants to buy (which would have value at the end of the trip), but any modern RV that he'd rent would get maybe 8 or 9 mpg.  Lastly, who here spends anywhere near $50 a day on meals?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

toymachine78

« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2015, 04:28:07 AM »
Ha!  If this guy gets paid, I guess that says a lot about his fan base. 

His cost breakdown is crap.  Look up a RV rental on your own.  I did and I came up with $3400-$4000 for a month of rental (depending on size of RV rented) plus $3400 for mileage (10000 miles worth); since rental includes repairs, mechanical prep (whatever the f*ck that is), and insurance, that's roughly half what this douche has budgeted.  His mileage budget is also suspect; it might be accurate for some old POS RV that he wants to buy (which would have value at the end of the trip), but any modern RV that he'd rent would get maybe 8 or 9 mpg.  Lastly, who here spends anywhere near $50 a day on meals?
To add more to the shit pile... They are budgeting 1600 each for wage compensation for the month off. Now I have no clue what these people do, but it sounds as though MJ works in a professional environment based on his past with Sierra. So I would imagine he also gets paid leave. I have enough leave to take a month off, but I would still get my regular salary.  This is so suspect. I hope to hell people don't fund this thing.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2015, 04:48:27 AM »

exactly. im sure he makes enough money to save up. I do like watching his videos but Im not supporting this by any means.  ill be surprised if he gets his 50k. or anywhere close to that

esteban

« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2015, 04:51:42 AM »
Ha!  If this guy gets paid, I guess that says a lot about his fan base.  :lol:

I could easily spend $500 on food a day. OF COURSE, I'd be very extravagant and indulge myself with ridiculous stuff and lots of alcohol.  :)

IT'S FOR THE FANS.
  |    | 

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:45 AM »
for the fans.......more like taking money from the fans for his own benefit

sirhcman

« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2015, 05:41:18 AM »

I could easily spend $500 on food a day. OF COURSE, I'd be very extravagant and indulge myself with ridiculous stuff and lots of alcohol.  :)

IT'S FOR THE FANS.

Why am I picturing esteban laying seductively on a velvet bed surrounded by hot women, eating grapes and washing it down with a giant chalice of wine? I guess its for the fans! :D

esteban

« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2015, 06:17:46 AM »

IT'S FOR THE FANS.

Why am I picturing esteban laying seductively on a velvet bed surrounded by hot women, eating grapes and washing it down with a giant chalice of wine? I guess its for the fans! :D

I am copying and pasting this into a new "fundme" proposal as we speak...
  |    | 

wildfruit

« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2015, 07:46:43 AM »
At least este is handsome

bozo55

« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »
Just reading through this amusing thread and I totally agree on the views expressed regarding Metal Jesus, Pete Dorr, Hancock and especially Gamester 81.  G81 comes off as a total douche.  Every video he has is "Rare blahblahblah system EXTRA Rare!" when some of them are hardly quantifiable as rare.  He always just shows the machine but rarely shows the consoles in action.  And it is so obvious that he has zero interest in playing most of the crap in his collection, but he has it anyway because it's worth a few bucks.

I am totally against collecting for the sake of collecting.  It's a waste and I hate it.  I don't believe in owning anything I won't need/use simply because of perceived value.  That is why I threw out all my old console boxes years ago  :oops:

I don't get the Luke Morse hate though.  Yes his repair methods are very unprofessional and he's a terrible hoarder, but he has introduced me to so many games I've never heard of and he's got a fun and entertaining personality. 

I also enjoy Michael B the Game Genie, even if he sucks badly at games :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:22:18 AM by bozo55 »

mickcris

« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2015, 11:31:21 AM »
Ive watch some Gamester 81 rare console videos.  I find it odd how he manhandles all his stuff like he doesn't give a shit.  He also lots of times gives out misinformation about the stuff too.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »
To add more to the shit pile... They are budgeting 1600 each for wage compensation for the month off. Now I have no clue what these people do, but it sounds as though MJ works in a professional environment based on his past with Sierra. So I would imagine he also gets paid leave. I have enough leave to take a month off, but I would still get my regular salary.  This is so suspect. I hope to hell people don't fund this thing.

Yarr, that too.  To make matters worse, he's planning on making all sorts of videos out of it, so he'll make money off of advertising too (not that I think that'll amount to thousands of dollars).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »
The Luke Morse shit stems back from him choosing his hoarding games sound investments, over a life with his wife and kid. He made a drama out of it on his youtube channel. His priorities are all sorts of f*cked up.