Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 8985 times)

toymachine78

Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2015, 03:55:42 AM »

Anyhoo... I'm sure you Midwesterners are kind folk, but its different down south. Trust me. That's why so many peeps are flocking to the south from the rest of the States.

I'm born & raised Carolinian, and I have to say that this is one of the biggest loads of bull I've ever read.  I'm pretty sure the "hospitality" you mentioned is the only thing the South has going for it, and even that's reserved only for white folks. 

In regards to Metal Jesus, if he were to ask to be included in an episode of Game Sack, it would be kind of rude to refuse...but to ignore, or at the very least not go out of your way to make it happen...that would be preferable.  Keep Jesus out of the Sack!
   To each his own. I'd rather live in the South East vs any other region I've ever visited.

If you grew up in a super rural impoverished part of the state, or urban poverty center for that matter, yeah your experience probably sucked. But it would suck to grow up in poverty anywhere.

You can find shit hole areas in any state, but the Carolina's offer many great cities and towns to live in.

esteban

« Reply #286 on: April 08, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »
Hey, your JESUS is in my sack.

Your sack is on my JESUS.

Comrades,

Keep JESUS out my SACK.
  |    | 

bozo55

« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2015, 07:29:22 AM »
Hey, your JESUS is in my sack.

Your sack is on my JESUS.

Comrades,

Keep JESUS out my SACK.

I agree.  Game Sack is YouTube's best kept secret and I wouldn't want them to sell their souls to Metal Jesus just for a little bit more publicity.  Besides, MJ as a gamer does not share much in common with Joe.  Joe was always a console gamer while MJ was predominantly a PC gamer.  Joe collects good games.  MJ takes whatever crap he can get his hands on.  Joe actually plays and goes in depth with the games, providing detailed insight.  MJ plays the games on a more casual basis and says "huh" way too much.

But I'd like to see GameSack mention MJR in a YouTube episode called "YouTubers We Don't Want to Talk About" :lol:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »
It would be better for us to be on his channel because he has more subscribers. Even if we got AVGN in one of our episodes it wouldn't make a difference. But if we got on an AVGN episode... well just look at what happened to stupid Pat.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2015, 02:29:06 AM »
It would be better for us to be on his channel because he has more subscribers. Even if we got AVGN in one of our episodes it wouldn't make a difference. But if we got on an AVGN episode... well just look at what happened to stupid Pat.

Yeah but you don't own a gray and gold NES world champ cart.

Unless you in which case I must plan my trip to your house and loot the hell out of it for real reall not for play play 

toymachine78

« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2015, 05:07:56 AM »
His campaign isn't going so well. $4900 so far. He needs to double his average daily contribution to meet his goal.

Bloufo

« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:12 AM »
So what happens to the money already donated if the target amount is not met?
A shortened trip schedule, or he just pockets the money and sends out a bunch of stickers, t-shirts, "military grade coins", etc, as a type of consolation.

bozo55

« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »
Looks like the MJR tour is cancelled.  The videos he posted on it are gone.

Edit: Crowdfunding the tour is cancelled.  He's looking to get sponsored instead now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:10:23 AM by bozo55 »

esteban

« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »

Edit: Crowdfunding the tour is cancelled.  He's looking to get sponsored instead now.

Hahahahahshashs. Are you teasing us?

I still didn't watch the second video...maybe someone else will upload it?
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2015, 10:17:06 AM »

Hahahahahshashs. Are you teasing us?

I still didn't watch the second video...maybe someone else will upload it?

No point in watching the second video. He pretty much just says "Hey, I decided to grow facial hair. How does it look?" And then some stuff about why he needs all the monies. Pretty bleh.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »

He pretty much just says "Hey, I decided to grow facial hair. How does it look?"

"A beard is never a substitute for a jawline, no matter how you trim it"

-Henchman #24
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

toymachine78

« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:08 AM »

Ha Haaaaa! Victory! f*ck you Metal Jeebus! 

wildfruit

« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2015, 12:35:44 PM »
This guy's top ten games video is the worst thing I've ever seen.

sirhcman

« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2015, 01:17:45 PM »
This guy's top ten games video is the worst thing I've ever seen.

His Sega Saturn "hidden gems" and "top ten" are a joke too

Gredler

« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2015, 02:04:29 PM »

Stupid Pat is a curious statement; I was under the assumption most people love that guy. He's a local to my area. I see him from time to time at garage sales/swap meets in my area. I also have been to the store Luna Games, the place that his friend who does podcasts with him works. Luna is the only retro videogame store in my direct area, I don't want to speak negatively of it (or them) but I am not a fan. I rarely find things at swap meets/thrift stores, but each time I've seen him he has bags full of items, so I thought my distaste for them was due to local bitterness hahah

MJR I've spoken with in the Atari Age chat a few times, and he seemed OK if not aloof. He was not responsive when I suggested to him to check out a game I worked on for a "hidden gems" episode. I didn't have distaste for him until he got the Earthbound for free, and then this fundraiser. I have no issue with a guy receiving a gift from a friend or admirer, but I don't think it does anyone a favor bragging about the conquest of free acquisition of difficult and sought after items, but to each his own and there is obviously a audience for that. I think that was his mindset "well, someone gave me a [overly valued game, say $300,] maybe I can get them to give me money directly to do this, what should the theme be..."

However, I just have a lot of issues with people asking for funding without showing a certain amount of initiative to begin with. I'll back a project where they have a prototype but need funding for full development or manufacturing in bulk, but to just fund someones "idea" is such a difficult to support proposition. I guess I am just too much of a tightwad.

I wish him the best, and actually hope this gets funded and he and his "fans" enjoy themselves, but it's not something I can get behind, support, or be involved with.