Author Topic: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs  (Read 4333 times)

slinkyturd

Re: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 07:24:02 PM »
I think it would be fun to create more titles like mega man for obey. I'd kill for an arcade perfect version or the fm towns version of splatterhouse on my duo. Or why not some RPGs off SNES?

or

PS3

Easily unlocked.

I have neither system, with little desire for them. :(

Well... piss.

Done and done.
70/95 US Turbochips

HailingTheThings

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
I think it would be fun to create more titles like mega man for obey. I'd kill for an arcade perfect version or the fm towns version of splatterhouse on my duo. Or why not some RPGs off SNES?

or

PS3

Easily unlocked.

I have neither system, with little desire for them. :(

Well... piss.

Done and done.

Best.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 12:32:06 AM »

or

PS3

Easily unlocked.

Great Info I have to get these on the cheap.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 01:24:59 AM »

I'm all for more ports, but it's one hell of a lot more work (of which relatively few are capable) than making simple copies of something that already exists.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 02:19:58 AM »
Just for the record: I agree with Esteban's post. My query was more out of curiosity. If BL or other translators/developers don't want their work included in something like this, we should totally respect that. I was just curious, that's all.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 05:40:36 AM »
Just for the record: I agree with Esteban's post. My query was more out of curiosity. If BL or other translators/developers don't want their work included in something like this, we should totally respect that. I was just curious, that's all.

Why don't we do Xak III, Startling Odyssey 2, etc if the translation teams are cool with it?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Sadler

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 05:46:01 AM »
Because Xak III sucks?  :wink:

toymachine78

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 06:01:21 AM »
I like the idea of Shadowgate, DEII, and YsIV.

I don't get the big deal of using a translation patch. I understand its a lot of work to create these projects, but if you are doing it for the community and the love of the system, then once you turn it over to the community you have to let it go. Let the community do what it wants with it. Its community property at that point, much like my cock.  As long as others are not profiteering from your gift, I don't see the big deal.

I see this mentality here at work as well. Someone writes an app from scratch, then clings to it like its their child. If someone else comes along and wants to modify it, or incorporate it into a new process, they get all pissy. You can't do that... It wasn't designed to be used like that.... I wrote it....

So what, you created it. Its now a part of the company code library, and we will use it and leverage it as we see fit. Let it go!

KingDrool

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 06:19:44 AM »
Frankly, I don't get it either and for most of the reasons you've mentioned. But I'm willing to respect his wishes. So, if we do a community pressing of a translation, I'm cool with getting the translator's permission before doing so.

Why don't we do Xak III, Startling Odyssey 2, etc if the translation teams are cool with it?

I'm fine with that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:23:12 AM by jlued686 »
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

bartre

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 01:09:34 PM »
So, BL said no.
no Ys IV with a dub, simple as that.

still no response from nightwolve though, so what do you all say to putting Ys IV on hold?

I must say, I had completely forgotten about beyond shadowgate, and I'm good to go ahead with that one.
does anyone know where some high quality scans are?

Punch

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
I think all of the hentai games should be the first ones tackled.  I'll even do the translation.  Though I don't know japanese, I'd do a good job.

We need to buy a Pioneer Laserdisc plant and make repros of Virtual Cameraman 2. That's the logical first step IMO

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »
So, BL said no.
no Ys IV with a dub, simple as that.

still no response from nightwolve though, so what do you all say to putting Ys IV on hold?

I must say, I had completely forgotten about beyond shadowgate, and I'm good to go ahead with that one.
does anyone know where some high quality scans are?
I second Beyond Shawdowgate.

esteban

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »

I think all of the hentai games should be the first ones tackled.  I'll even do the translation.  Though I don't know japanese, I'd do a good job.

We need to buy a Pioneer Laserdisc plant and make repros of Virtual Cameraman 2. That's the logical first step IMO

Agreed. :)
  |    | 

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
I'd definitely be on board with this.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

seieienbu

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 02:08:02 AM »

So, that's a bunch of votes for Beyond Shadowgate, and 1 vote for all of the pr0n-o games.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93